It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one has mentioned this group

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am a Sigma Chi. I know you would love to know what our Ritual is. Honestly, I could tell you every last detail of it and you would think it was cool or interesting. You would never understand the special emotions or honor I feel every time I experience the Ritual. I am sure in your search, you might come across the real Ritual. But as I said, you would never trully understand it.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raventh
But as I said, you would never trully understand it.

So help us understand, tell us more!

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I am a sigma chi. I believe that site is a dummy site by another sigma chi, at least that is what i heard. i will say some of the things are similar but they are all based on information that is public. the ritual is not near that corny either. anyway, you can take what i say at face value, but that site is pretty corny.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaBass
Surprised you people have found out nothing yet. I already know EVERYTHING about this group. What's your excuse.
If you already know everything than how can it be the most secret?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Having read through this thread, I am struck by the misinformation posted regarding fraternities in general.

First, when a fraternity is described as "Masonic" it has nothing to do with Freemasonry. It simply means that the fraternity's ritual follows the same pattern and format as the Masonic ritual. The Christian Liturgy is also Masonic in this sense - it follows the same order. The other common ritual format is Judaic.

Second, the Library of Congress never required ANY fraternity to store its books there. They simply offer this as an archival service. No, the Sigma Chi book is not there (never was) and NO, you cannot check out or view these books without proper authorization. The LoC maintains the privacy of the books for their respective organizations.

Finally, the Anti-Sigma Chi site is a collection of just about every rumor and myth I have ever heard about the Sigma Chi Ritual. 99% of it is incorrect (I know - I am a Sig) and the things that are correct are either common among other groups too or public information. No, I will not share the correct information with you or anyone else. I swore an oath not to, and I cherish my Fraternity enough to live up to that oath. I don't know if the creator of that site is a Sig and trying to throw people off track or is just a crackpot who thinks he knows what he's talking about, but he's doing a good job of misdirection. I hope it stays up, personally. Also, his mailbox in invalid.

The Sigma Chi Ritual is secret because we choose to keep it so. There is no "special new knowledge" hidden in it - just an insipring way of presenting young men with a pattern for leading a successful, fruitful, moral life. As one of our founders stated, "This badge expects more of me than the world expects of other men." It has been said that the only reason the Ritual is secret is that if it were public, the world would expect us to live up to it.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainded
Having read through this thread, I am struck by the misinformation posted regarding fraternities in general.

First, when a fraternity is described as "Masonic" it has nothing to do with Freemasonry. It simply means that the fraternity's ritual follows the same pattern and format as the Masonic ritual. The Christian Liturgy is also Masonic in this sense - it follows the same order. The other common ritual format is Judaic.

Second, the Library of Congress never required ANY fraternity to store its books there. They simply offer this as an archival service. No, the Sigma Chi book is not there (never was) and NO, you cannot check out or view these books without proper authorization. The LoC maintains the privacy of the books for their respective organizations.

Finally, the Anti-Sigma Chi site is a collection of just about every rumor and myth I have ever heard about the Sigma Chi Ritual. 99% of it is incorrect (I know - I am a Sig) and the things that are correct are either common among other groups too or public information. No, I will not share the correct information with you or anyone else. I swore an oath not to, and I cherish my Fraternity enough to live up to that oath. I don't know if the creator of that site is a Sig and trying to throw people off track or is just a crackpot who thinks he knows what he's talking about, but he's doing a good job of misdirection. I hope it stays up, personally. Also, his mailbox in invalid.

The Sigma Chi Ritual is secret because we choose to keep it so. There is no "special new knowledge" hidden in it - just an insipring way of presenting young men with a pattern for leading a successful, fruitful, moral life. As one of our founders stated, "This badge expects more of me than the world expects of other men." It has been said that the only reason the Ritual is secret is that if it were public, the world would expect us to live up to it.

Finally....someone who doesn't think like a whack job. Your insight is
true and not off the wall.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
[Edited on 10-12-2003 by NuTroll]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Although I respect the search for knowledge that the people on this website have so thoroughly devoted themselves to pursuing, any quest for discovering and understanding the ritual of my Fraternity will always be a fruitless crusade, and therefore a misallocation of time. Our ritual serves as an inspiration, and it is something that will never be successfully discovered by anyone other than those worthy of enlightenment. I agree with brainded's assessment of the website by anti-Sigma Chi. Being an active in the Eta Alpha chapter, I know for a fact that the site's information is erroneous, and I am grateful that something, which causes so much passion within me, remains a mystery to those who wouldn't appreciate its significance. All I can say is that the only method of truly discovering the secrets of our ritual is the standard method of pledging and initiating. Sorry about your luck.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think this is a pointless 'secret' society.

But that's just me

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The society is not secret, and neither are our ideals, principles, and goals in life. The only thing that we maintain in secrecy is the unifying factor of our ritual. Any true Sigma Chi would maintain the same stance.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
[Edited on 1-6-2004 by TheProfessor]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If you want their ritual offer me something in return. I have it in PDF.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I thought I'd be useful (or something like it).
Found a link entitled Masonry and the college fraternity

I haven't read it, I don't know if it's real or fake, and I don't care.
Check it out and see if its anything of value to you.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
and not very newsworthy at that...

see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Odd as it may seem, the site I posted earlier also links to the 33rd degree. link

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seriously, if you want to find out about thier ritual then you can find it. I atcually found the ritual on the internet. I am not going to post it because ATS will remove it anyway. It was on google and has nothing to do with the anti-sigma chi page. Oh i am not a sigma chi, i am a pike just so you won't think that i was like the other one. If you want to know the link you will have to u2u me.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Often, a search engine like Google can provide you with what you're looking for.

You'll probably have better luck using Google that asking here - it's frowned upon to link directly to information like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Just to provide a continued example to stabilize the previous info. Most college fraternities do have a "Mild" connection to masonry. As someone who has studied copies of dozens of different fraternities rituals it is apparant that there is a resounding similarity between the said rituals and the masonic degrees. The reason for this similarity exisits because most fraternities when trying to form their ritual early on utilized members who were also master masons. These brothers in turn would draw upon their experiences as masons to help shape their groups ritual. Its all they had to work with back in the day for reference. I am not aware of any organization that is a so called "feeder" group for freemasonry. As far as I know freemasonry's own recruitment restrictions wouldnt allow for it.
As far as Sigma Chi and everyone else goes for that matter, no individual groups ritual is perfectly secret. There will always be someone who is initiated, and then gets ticked off and leaves and in turn creates a leak for the info. Either that or someone gets to drunk at the bar and blabs to the girl he is with
Either way the stories about it being the best kept secret next to the formula for Coke, and that President So-and-So snuck into the library of congress and removed the only copy, are all stories told to pledges to help them realize the importance of keeping the info secret.
Sorry to bust the conspiratorial bubble here but that really is pretty much what its all about.
PS The thing about joining and getting rich aint that grand either. Im still starving at the end of every month!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ssamuels420
The society is not secret, and neither are our ideals, principles, and goals in life. The only thing that we maintain in secrecy is the unifying factor of our ritual. Any true Sigma Chi would maintain the same stance.

I'm just curious, I understand that a ritual can't ever really be understood by an outsider anyways (this applies to MOST rituals in life right down to buttering bread) but what are your ideas, principles and goals?

I am not asking so I can pick on anyone or give someone a hard time, I really just like to know things.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The reason that you will not find much on Sigma Chi is that it's members are VERY protective of the ritual. It is said that even the copy of the ritual in the national archives has been removed. Not sure if that's true but I can say as a Sigma Chi that our ritual is considered the number 3 best kept secret in our society today. #1 being the nuclear missle codes, and #2 the formula for coke. Good luck hunting but I doubt you will find anything significant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join