It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Suicide bomber kills 10 children...'We gotta get outta this place.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This isn't war. This is evil.

It's not war, it's just islam. Kill your enemies, and when you encounter a rival sect that promotes slightly different doctrines or beliefs, kill them too. That's why you see Sunni's killing Shiites and Alawites, and Wahabi's killing everything in between. Think of these islamic sects as different tribes of Arabs warring with eachother, because that's what they really are, and theyre doing it in the constraints of their Imam's personal interpretations of the Quran.

psst... Alawi is a type of Shi'i and Wahhabi is a type of Sunni.......... just sayin

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You know, I think you sum it up better than I can for words...and really, in a way I hadn't thought of quite like that before. If I'm not mistaken, I seem to recall you having some real life experience to know something of the topic and respect your opinion on it.

It's precisely for the reasons you mention there that I think the most the US ever should have done ...IF that much...was arm, support and give logistics to the opposition. If Bin Laden was the target? Well, Bush could have played down 9-11 like he didn't much care. Just play possum. It wouldn't have been THAT far out of character given the luke warm reaction to the African Embassies, the Cole, the Kobar Towers and the 1993 WTC bombing.

Usama wouldn't have stayed in hiding and could have gotten a Tomahawk Enema, right and personal like. Statement made...no war needed.

Oh well.. Water under the bridge now of course. I just want to see our people out. ALL our people out. It's a war we cannot win by politics if nothing else and as such, who wants to be the last casualty for a lost cause? Get 100% of them moving out, and yesterday would have been running late to start.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

What kind of evil and sick, twisted place does it require to see people strap a bomb on so they can go target something inside a densely populated area.

It's simple. The individuals who strap on the bombs are dead already. They are not alive. They were killed by a demon, who then took possession of their body, to carry out the attack. A living person cannot put on a bomb vest and blow himself up. Only someone already dead can do this. There's no fear of death, because they are dead. The body is just a garment they wear. Just like a business man putting on a suit to go to work. It's a suit for the job.

To most humans, who don't know this, it's all pretty strange. They think some kid actually straps on bombs and blows himself up. And they wonder what kind of person could do this. It's not a person. Can you do this? Bet ya not.

Human beings have a natural instinct for self-preservation. A living person will try to blow other people up, while escaping harm to himself. Someone mentally depressed might try to terminate his own life, without hurting others in the process. But to walk in calmly and blow yourself up and others, takes another kind of mental attitude altogether, one that knows that there's life after death. If you know that there's life after death, then blowing yourself up and others around you is simply making everybody "undress". So, then it's ok. It's a different world view. You can smile while doing it. Which is what these guys do.

The statement is always "You can't control me, because I fear no death, here's proof". All control of other humans is based on the fear of death. People will do anything to stay alive, even sell their own mothers on occasion. But, once a person has seen the other side, and knows that death is just an illusion, that person is then capable of taking actions that seem weird to the rest of us.

edit on 3-6-2013 by KingErik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It's not war, it's just islam. Kill your enemies, and when you encounter a rival sect that promotes slightly different doctrines or beliefs, kill them too. That's why you see Sunni's killing Shiites and Alawites, and Wahabi's killing everything in between. Think of these islamic sects as different tribes of Arabs warring with eachother, because that's what they really are, and theyre doing it in the constraints of their Imam's personal interpretations of the Quran.

That is not a fair interpretation of events. Consider that Islam is about 620 years younger than Christianity. The religion of Jesus did not become semi peaceable until the coming of secularism. From 1400 to present different Christian sects cheerfully and happily persecuted and destroyed other sects. You have the wars in Switzerland between Protestant & Catholic doctrinaires. You have the 30 Years War between Protestant & Catholic doctrinaires. You have the French wars between the Huguenots and Catholics. The English depredations between the Church of England and Catholics. You have American Protestants and Catholics together persecuting and murdering Mormons.

And all of this in the time frame that Islam has been a religion. These atrocities don't even mention the cruelties Christianity bestowed upon rival Christian sects and Pagans before the coming of Islam. So, my point here is, that the very religion that you speak out against did the very same things Christianity performed in the 1400 year history since the founding of Islam. Christianity was a very nasty religion from its founding until the late 1800s. Islam has not been in existence as long as Christianity. And yet, due to the Christians relative peace in the last 100 years, you excuse their depredations due to what? Ignorance? Misleading information? Lies told to you?

No, line up the time line of Christianity and Islam and you will find that Christians are just as savage as those you speak against.

In any case, I don't see how your views of Islam have any relation to the bombings discussed in this topic. These bombings were the result of two factions at war with each other. Religious beliefs, if they had any influence at all, are simply the result of the culture invaded and the culture of the invaders. It is disingenuous to imply that their religion alone was the sole motivation for these attacks. Just as it would be disingenuous of me to imply that all the depredations of the groups of Christians I mentioned earlier were solely motivated by their religion.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by My_Reality

That is not a fair interpretation of events. Consider that Islam is about 620 years younger than Christianity. The religion of Jesus did not become semi peaceable until the coming of secularism.

Most people make the mistake of lumping us into christendom or catholicism. Alot of men did horrifying things in the name of Jesus, in the name of the One they never knew to begin with and he said it would happen. The Way is not a path of destruction, robbery and murder. The royal law is to treat others the way you want them to treat you, as was given by Jesus Christ when he came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. Secularism isn't a new thing, the godless have been around for millenia and they have done horrifying things in their own right without the fear of having Divine Retribution hanging over them.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by My_Reality

That is not a fair interpretation of events. Consider that Islam is about 620 years younger than Christianity. The religion of Jesus did not become semi peaceable until the coming of secularism.

Most people make the mistake of lumping us into christendom or catholicism. Alot of men did horrifying things in the name of Jesus, in the name of the One they never knew to begin with and he said it would happen. The Way is not a path of destruction, robbery and murder. The royal law is to treat others the way you want them to treat you, as was given by Jesus Christ when he came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. Secularism isn't a new thing, the godless have been around for millenia and they have done horrifying things in their own right without the fear of having Divine Retribution hanging over them.

I'm confused. There were two major religions in the Mediterranean Basin since the Edict of Milan. Yes, I give you the fact that you did not mention a specific religion on your part in the post I replied to. Perhaps it was hasty of me to launch into the speech I delivered. In my defense, I interpreted a strong bias for the actions of those who follow the Old/New Testament. Even so, the comments you made regarding Islam seemed to have a decidedly Christian origin.

Other religious leaders that came long before Jesus taught to regard life as sacred. This is my point: I have stated that your earlier comments toward Islam disregarded the history of Christianity, and other religions as well, which had little to do with the recent bombings. That is why I am confused with your reply. Why is Islam the monster of religions? All religions have given us examples of fanatical extremism.

Again, I contend that this bombing had little to do with religion. Primarily, it involved two factions at war with one another. Factions at war perform despicable actions to further their goals with the intent of "winning" the war. As I said in my original post this tragic event is asymmetrical war at its best(or worst, from my point of view). Now that I have typed this reply out I am simply confused as to what religion has to do with this act of war.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
As I've always said: The only mistake Hitler made was targeting the wrong denomination of people.

When the world's population begins to outweigh its ability to sustain us, people will start to see the simple wisdom of this truth.
edit on 4-6-2013 by FromMyColdDeadBrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It's good to see that there are some people that haven't fallen for the "us against them" mentality that mainstream media forces upon citizens like the OP. There is still hope.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Alright, as someone who went over to Afghanistan, and knowing what I know about what I know which I can't get into, things are a lot different than some of the individuals who have posted above have said above regarding civilians, especially involving drones. Don't ask me questions because I won't answer. I CAN'T. (I know it's not fair,).

It's a different world over there. It's backwards land. Grown men rape kids, hold hands walking down the street, everyone wipes with their hands, they stay up all night drinking tea, put everything on pause to pray. All the Afghan National Army are blitzed on opium. It's a different world.

Armchair generals.....

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What kind of sick, twisted individual uses depleted uranium (DU) munitions, particularly in urban areas? Americans. And please don't give me the crap about DU not being a health hazard. It is a toxic heavy metal as well as a source of radiation. DU also has trace elements of other radionuclides, including plutonium. Anyone who claims DU munitions are not a health risk are either ignorant, believe what their military-industrial-complex government tells them and/or is in denial or a liar.

What kind of person pisses of corpses? American troops.

What kind of person uses white phosphorous shells on human beings? US Marines and the IDF.

What kind of person goes on a murder spree in two villages overnight, killing many people and piling them up and burning them? An American GI.

What kind of person fires cruise missiles -- from the safety of their submarines and naval ship -- at people in towns? US navy personnel.

What kind of cowardly, sick person launches drone attacks thousands of miles away at first responders, funeral parties any anyone else who is doing what are flagged as "suspicious activities (which includes exercising and driving vehicles at night)? Americans.

What kind of person drops Agent Orange on civilians and their own troops? Americans.

What kind of people launch massive, night time raids on large, civilian, urban targets? Americans, British, German Nazis and Imperial Chinese.

What kind of people machine gun 500 South Korean refugees trying to cross a river? Americans.

What kind of people drop atomic bombs on cities full of civilians, in single plane raids that will cause the townsfolk to not even seek shelter? Americans.

What kind of people would wipe out entire villages of Vietnamese and Native Americans? Americans.

What kind of people would use armored personnel carriers and incendiary devices on a building with a dozen children in it? Americans -- the ATF and the FBI.

What kind of people intentionally give their citizens syphilis and don't tell them or treat them? Americans.

What kind of people feed prisoners and mentally disabled people oatmeal with radionuclides? Americans.

What kind of people conduct biological warfare experiments with pathogens in large cities? Americans.

What kind of sick people deploy cluster munitions, which leave behind unexploded ordinance that looks like toys to children? Americans and Israelis.

What kind of person blows up a government building that houses a day care center full of young children? A Caucasian, Christian American -- Timothy McVeigh.

Sorry, Muslims have nothing on Americans. Americans are the most violent and bloodthirsty people on the planet, invading and attacking and helping to oppress people across the globe.

So really, what's the point of this thread, OP, besides trying to generate hate against another ethnic group or religion, and avoid looking at what your own country and culture does on an industrial scale?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadBrain
As I've always said: The only mistake Hitler made was targeting the wrong denomination of people.

Definitely. He should have continued making nice with the Soviets and concentrated instead on conquering Britain, and then gone on to attack the US with planned V-3 weapons and pressed ahead with the Nazi atomic bomb program, using the bombs on US cities.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE666OCCULT
Alright, as someone who went over to Afghanistan, and knowing what I know about what I know which I can't get into, things are a lot different than some of the individuals who have posted above have said above regarding civilians, especially involving drones. Don't ask me questions because I won't answer. I CAN'T. (I know it's not fair,).

It's a different world over there. It's backwards land. Grown men rape kids, hold hands walking down the street, everyone wipes with their hands, they stay up all night drinking tea, put everything on pause to pray. All the Afghan National Army are blitzed on opium. It's a different world.

Armchair generals.....

Um, grown Catholic priests rape children all across the world.

From what I've seen of Afghanistan, they don't have a lot of forests, so I am not surprised that they don't have a lot of paper products like toilet paper. What do you think America's founding fathers used? Charmin?

There are people in different parts of the world who don't have access to toilet paper, clean water, and a lot of other things that we consider basic necessities. Considering them subhuman because they don't have them and can't afford them, or are not educated enough to know what the lack of these things can cause, is just plain cultural/ethnic bigotry. At least those people don't go around the world in the tens of thousands on an organized, industrial scale, killing people in foreign countries

Ooh, staying up all night on tea. What barbarians. They should be drinking coffee, energy drinks and snorth meth and coc aine like 'Murikens.

And you can't tell us anything about drones? Ok. We learn enough from the news about drones to know that they kill many innocent people, including children, and only cause more anger and hate of America, thereby recruiting more terrorists.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadBrain

When the world's population begins to outweigh its ability to sustain us, people will start to see the simple wisdom of this truth.
edit on 4-6-2013 by FromMyColdDeadBrain because: (no reason given)

Ahh yes... Considering every group of people has Children.. And not every member of every group of people is a criminal, nor are their intentions bad........ I'd say you suck...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Armchair generals.....

Backwards...? My God it's like people like to put HUGE lines where there aren't any!

Grown men rape children here!

My cousin (2 yrs) got beat up by his father (22 yrs) and is now in ICU.... All this in San Antonio...

Umm, men hold hands here walking down the street..?

Here we stay up all night with beer...?

Try buying alcohol on sundays in a lot of places btw...

And our governments troops are the ones defending the opium fields.....

I think you might just dislike Afghans..

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by unphased

Originally posted by unphased

You're probably right

ALSO.....
edit on 4-6-2013 by THE666OCCULT because: hyperlink

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I dont even know why we are in Afghanistan anyway?

History has shown you cant tame Afghanistan many have tried all have meet with defeat.

As for fighting terroism? How can invading a single country do that? You cant invade a idea?

All it has done is make the terroists pack up and move to another country and drive them deeper underground. Least before we invaded we kinda knew where they were located.

And invadeing muslim countrys has just pushed some moderate muslims who most likely would never has caused problems into Jihad mode. All its done is add fuel to the fire.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

You're probably right

ALSO.....
edit on 4-6-2013 by THE666OCCULT because: hyperlink

Just as in every religion or spiritual tradition.. "clerics" aren't everything... and they don't have command over everyone..

I'd venture to guess the only people who would take up that offer, were already planning on it anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I think I've looked at this the wrong way. I've really been a little miffed that the America haters couldn't leave just one thread alone. Just one...of the millions of threads on ATS. Then, after reading yours, it occurred to me. Thats the wrong way to look at this. Some are actually taking this opportunity to showcase how hateful they really are, how deep that runs and how ugly it is.

It's actually a good thing to see and know about folks, wouldn't you agree?
Better to know than not, to be sure.

So with all that ugly hate you carry...and that is a remarkably long message full of it...I'd ask a serious question. Just what nation DO you live in? If you are American, I'd have to say, living in a nation you intensely dislike with such passion must be a hell of a hard thing. I love my country, personally. My Government? That's a WHOLE different matter.

The thing is.. I read over your points, carefully, and they make absolutely no distinction between American leadership and American individuals. That is probably most valuable of all to see in a person's opinion. Thanks for your contribution!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I think I've looked at this the wrong way. I've really been a little miffed that the America haters couldn't leave just one thread alone. Just one...of the millions of threads on ATS. Then, after reading yours, it occurred to me. Thats the wrong way to look at this. Some are actually taking this opportunity to showcase how hateful they really are, how deep that runs and how ugly it is.

It's actually a good thing to see and know about folks, wouldn't you agree?
Better to know than not, to be sure.

So with all that ugly hate you carry...and that is a remarkably long message full of it...I'd ask a serious question. Just what nation DO you live in? If you are American, I'd have to say, living in a nation you intensely dislike with such passion must be a hell of a hard thing. I love my country, personally. My Government? That's a WHOLE different matter.

The thing is.. I read over your points, carefully, and they make absolutely no distinction between American leadership and American individuals. That is probably most valuable of all to see in a person's opinion. Thanks for your contribution!

Your skewing of our views is childish at best. To severely dislike, and speak out against the constant US military tactic of asymmetrical warfare, droning, and clear committing of war crimes - is LOVING AMERICA...

America HATERS ar the ones who justify international crime...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

What is the difference between burying a roadside bomb and hiding on a cliff and blowing it up with a cell phone and using UAV's (they aren't drones) to target known insurgents? In my experience, which is far closer to the subject matter than yourself, I can find no distinction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join