It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help...Explain this to me someone...Does the Sun change where it Rises and Sets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Thank you, but no apology needed

And, only a pleasure

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It is absolutely maddening. The riddle of all riddles. can not for the life of me wrap my feeble mind around it. The Northern Hemisphere is separated from the Southern Hemisphere by this imaginary line called the Equator. We are supposed to be theoretically orientated the same way but it just doesn't compute that way.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree
We are supposed to be theoretically orientated the same way but it just doesn't compute that way.

We ARE oriented the same way. Your mind cannot wrap around it because it isn't true!

If you picked up your eastern-oriented house and moved it due north and sat it down in the northern hemisphere, it would STILL be facing East! There is no magical switcheroo that would spin you around to face West...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Before we so quickly attack the OP lets for one moment imagine that he/she is genuinely experiencing something totally unexpected. I recently read a book called 1Q84 where the main characters are transported to a parallel world; where the only noticeable difference is the addition of a second moon!

So perhaps the OP has found his/herself transported to one of these neighboring worlds where the sun behaves differently?

OP: could you please provide some answers and material we can use to better understand what you are experiencing?

1. Are you the only person in your vicinity that can see or experience the sun as you see it? If not who else can see this phenomenon and what are their thoughts and their relation to you?

2. Could you take a picture of a compass and the rising or setting sun in the same shot? This might better help us understand the phenomenon as you see it.

3. When you traveled to the Southern Hemisphere can you remember any specific event that felt like passing through a portal/door/passage to somewhere new or different? I know that's pretty much every door, but I mean that you felt in your core...felt in your spirit that something changed.

Call me crazy, but despite my daily firm grasp on logic and reason; I am a eager believer that the rules can and do bend

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join