It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update! The Latest On The Atacama Humanoid (Alien?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Guys, since I'm a skeptic by birth, I'm posting this in the conspiracy forum until there's incontrovertible proof that this little humanoid found in the Atacama desert is indeed an alien. Here's an update - the latest - posted on 31 May.

Check out this latest video from Project Sirius. The main issues are:

> According to detailed study and analysis by experts, it was found that it is NOT a fetus.
> This 'creature' was 6 years old when it died presumably by an injury on its head.
> Atacama is a desert. How did it survive for 6 long years?
> It is impossible for anyone to have made this 'creature'. In other words, it isn't artificial. The reasons are given in the video.

Check it out here.

Now, what do you say? I'm still on the fence with this one!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Very interesting!

I'd love to see what comes of this... Although my hopes aren't too high especially with the way the world is going now.

Anyone have more info on the 'living' one they found in Russia?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'd still be interested in seeing some of that DNA data.
They've had it for quite a while now, and yet they're still saying "it could take YEARS" more study.

FFS, release it to the public if they want any answers.
If its not just about raking in more money, having geneticists swarm all over the sequences would produce more knowledge in a smaller time.

Edit - looking at the report here...

Reconstruction of the mitochondrial DNA sequence and analysis shows an allele frequency consistent with a B2 haplotype group found on the west coast of South America, supporting the claimed origination of the specimen from the Atacama Desert region of Chile.

So what we have so far is the bits of DNA they have not examined = no conclusion.
But the bits of DNA they have examined = ordinary human.

edit on 3-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

hello, that is an intriguing subject indeed,,,,

i am a skulls and bones collector, sculptor, and a model designer...
i could pull that of quite easily,---but those ex-rays confuse me,,, there are some unexplained questions..

the give away are the finger bones, those are hard to do,,, and as in this case, those are not done as nicely, as the rest of the mummy.... also the missing knee joints and etc...

i still hope its an actual alien mummy,,,
edit on 3-6-2013 by solve because: joints missing?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Although my hopes aren't too high especially with the way the world is going now.

Especially with a certain Greer involved.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

In my opinion, this is as real of a life form as you and I. The mystery for me is, what exactly is it? Where did it come from? The being was six years old at the time of it's death. Six years old! Not a couple of hours old. Not a week old. Not a month old, but SIX YEARS old! Now that part astonishes me.

If it was a human child, how could it survive for six years the way it is? It's interesting but I'm not ruling anything out. We know so little about what *could* happen to a human body that it's possible it suffered from a rare disease / birth deformity or something similar.

Thanks for the thread, this little guy (girl?) is indeed interesting.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It's human.

source

To the chagrin of UFO hunters, Ata is decidedly of this world. After mapping more than 500 million reads to a reference human genome, equating to 17.7-fold coverage of the genome, Nolan concluded that Ata "is human, there's no doubt about it." Moreover, the specimen's B2 haplotype—a category of mitochondrial DNA—reveals that its mother was from the west coast of South America: Chile, that is.

Meanwhile, after examining x-rays, Lachman concluded that Aka's skeletal development, based on the density of the epiphyseal plates of the knees (growth plates at the end of long bones found only in children), surprisingly appears to be equivalent to that of a 6- to 8-year-old child. If that holds up, there are two possibilities, Nolan says. One, a long shot, is that Ata had a severe form of dwarfism, was actually born as a tiny human, and lived until that calendar age. To test that hypothesis, he will try to extract hemoglobin from the specimen's bone marrow and compare the relative amounts of fetal versus adult hemoglobin proteins. The second possibility is that Ata, the size of a 22-week-old fetus, suffered from a severe form of a rare rapid aging disease, progeria, and died in the womb or after premature birth.

Nolan hasn't yet turned up hits for genes known to be associated with progeria or dwarfism. He's stepping up the search for mutations through additional sequencing and casting a wider net. Another possibility is a teratogen: a birth defect-inducing toxicant along the lines of thalidomide. Nolan plans to analyze tissue using mass spectrometry to look for toxicants or metabolites. But reports of a handful of other Tom Thumb-sized skeletons from Russia and elsewhere have Nolan leaning toward a genetic explanation.

At least one expert has a more prosaic take—but agrees that the specimen is human. "This looks to me like a badly desiccated and mummified human fetus or premature stillbirth," says William Jungers, a paleoanthropologist and anatomist at Stony Brook University Medical Center in New York. He notes that "barely ossified and immature elements" of the hands and feet, and the wide open metopic suture, where the two frontal bones of the skull come together down the middle of the forehead. "Genetic anomalies are not evident, probably because there aren't any," he says. Nolan responds that the rib number and epiphyseal plate densities remain a riddle; while he is open to the fetus hypothesis, he thinks that the jury is still out.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Definitely human. Cause of mutation unclear:

Garry Nolan, professor of microbiology and immunology at the Stanford School of Medicine, along with others, studied the skeleton extensively in 2012.

According to Nolan, the humanoid is male and shows indications of being about six to eight years old at death, despite its tiny size, and this is probably due to one of two causes: the Atacama humanoid may have suffered from a severe form of the rapid aging disease progeria, and died in the womb or after premature birth, or, less likely, it had a severe form of dwarfism, was actually born as a tiny human, and lived until age six to eight.

"It's an interesting medical mystery of an unfortunate human with a series of birth defects that currently the genetics of which are not obvious," wrote Nolan.

The researchers have not yet found any of the genetic mutations commonly associated with any form of dwarfism.

Even if such mutations are found, other aspects of the skeleton might not be explained by them; there is no known form of dwarfism that accounts for all of the anomalies seen in the specimen, according to pediatric radiologist Ralph Lachman, a clinical professor at Stanford University and professor emeritus at the UCLA School of Medicine and co-director of the International Skeletal Dysplasia Registry at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

William Jungers, a paleoanthropologist and anatomist at Stony Brook University Medical Center, notes that the specimen looks to him like a desiccated and mummified human fetus or premature stillbirth.

(Source).

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

What on earth (pun intended) made you think that this is an extra terrestrial creature?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RegisteredUser

well done! progeria,,,,

but that shape of the skull is not common in progeria,,,,

could they have binded the skull? artificially made it longer like that?
so it is not rounded like a regular young skull?

that would also explain the assumption, that the cause of death was some sort of trauma to the head,,,
maybe they did not have the knowledge to bind the skull of a progeria child?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This thing does not look human. Nor does it look like a fetus, nor a dwarf. The skeleton does not look anomalous. It doesn't appear deformed. All you clinging to such explanations are just desperate to explain it away. Experts included.

too bad this is Greer's "baby" (pun intended).

As for DNA allegedly being humanoid...there's more than one way of looking at that...perhaps our DNA is alien in origin?...which would than tell us...that perhaps we have this creature's DNA not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
the thing about this that makes me believe it's not human...is the length of it's arms...if spread out fully, they would reach it's knees. That's not the usual ratio for humans nor is it for fetuses, except perhaps in primates.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So,if I understand the vid correctly, so far the creature is a 91% human match in DNA. The 9% non match is either junk DNA as they call it, or it makes this little blighter less related to us than monkeys.

Fascinating stuff!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What the hell, Stevens making a buck and thats all that matters.....

edit on 3-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Huh!!

Looks legit to me - I know how Greer is discredited, but I'm not convinced he's a fraud at all.
When I first joined I made a thread about the cell-structure of crop circle grass that had "non-earth" DNA too, also presented by Greer - and was summarily laughed into silence.

This little guy, maybe, could be the offspring of an unknown being AND a human, perhaps?

If there are other ones to study, that would be great. I also wanted to point out that Greer claims "the Huff Post" and some other "minor outlets" mis-stated Dr Nolan's findings.

I understand how it could be seen as Greer just asking for more money to accomplish nothing - but, I think this looks like something of an "anomaly" that modern medicine and genetics hadn't predicted or ever come across. If nothing else, at least it opens up more evidence for exploration into DNA sequencing.

After all, Greer DID SAY he's not claiming it's ET. He's saying they don't know what it is, how it survived, or if it's a previously unknown genetic "mutation" - but it sure does resemble "aliens" as described and depicted by the ET/UFO community.

I think it would scare the guts and their contents out of me if a little guy like that came walking across my desk and popped up from behind the pen-jar!! I don't know if I'd try to catch it or simply shriek and run away from it. Hopefully one day another specimen or two will be presented for study as well. I certainly would want it stand still while I checked it out...scary, but fascinating!

edit on 3-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Some ingredients to fuel the imagination and also, some desert climates are good for preserving corpses

As it stands, we allegedly came from the apes, yet apes still exist, was there more kinds of races here before us? It's possible. I'm very skeptical that this is an alien body (with or without Greer being involved).

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

hello, that is an intriguing subject indeed,,,,

i am a skulls and bones collector, sculptor, and a model designer...
i could pull that of quite easily,---but those ex-rays confuse me,,, there are some unexplained questions..

the give away are the finger bones, those are hard to do,,, and as in this case, those are not done as nicely, as the rest of the mummy.... also the missing knee joints and etc...

i still hope its an actual alien mummy,,,
edit on 3-6-2013 by solve because: joints missing?

So you're claiming the top guy in the field was fooled? If you could do it, take the challenge the guy from Stanford offered up. Don't make a statement like that and then slip off into the dark spaces of the internet. Do it and prove it!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
After all, Greer DID SAY he's not claiming it's ET. He's saying they don't know what it is, how it survived, or if it's a previously unknown genetic "mutation" -

Oh well thats all right then.
For a moment there I thought Greer's (a self described "UFO researcher") money making interests lay in the field of UFO's and alien contact.

For a moment there I thought the Sirius Disclosure movie was about

A research project working to disclose the facts about UFOs, extraterrestrial intelligence, and classified advanced energy.

Now, thanks to you, I find that he's merely just an anthropologist and medical researcher.
Thanks for clearing it up.

edit on 3-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

i have made some some cool mummies, smaller scale though,, i did not vanish, i simply have better things to do than sit all day by the computer arguing about something like this.

those could easily be biz and pieces, skull here jaw there ribs there,

edit on 3-6-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)
img.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

and thats just something that someone made for fun, imagine what a serious artist could do with the proper raw materials, so thats that.

people are easily fooled.

and let me clarify, i do believe its organic, i just dont believe its an alien life form.

and one more thing, based on the evidence, i think its a progeria child with an artificially elonged skull,
or a monkey hoax. we share 50% of our dna with the common fruit fly,,,,
edit on 3-6-2013 by solve because: one more

edit on 3-6-2013 by solve because: oopsie daisy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join