It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My second amendment rights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by TheFlash

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by TheFlash

You are right. A gun sitting on the table does me no good. It is why i typically carry a .40 on me. And it does nothing until I do.

You clearly fail to comprehend the point I am trying to make nor its irony so I will spell it out for you.

You admit that bearing a firearm makes for a much more effective scenario when it comes to self defense, yet you would deny that the fact that when someone is bearing a firearm, by the same token, it makes him a much more effective, lethal killer.

I don't deny that at all. You apparently miss the irony in the statement that "guns don't kill people, people kill people"....take away the guns and people are still going to kill each other. Matter of fact, make them illegal and folks will still make them at home. It isn't difficult to do.

I'll try one more time. Take away guns and people will still defend themselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

yes. and people without guns will still kill people.

what is the point of this? That gun laws are irrelevant? If so, then that is my position as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Does anyone here speak Texan who could explain it?

I'll try one more time. The point is that yes, guns do kill people just like guns do defend people. Get it?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Perhaps you would achieve greater results if you actually SPOKE your point instead of hinting,insulting or attempting some odd form of semantic debate,
My GOD talking to civilians is hard why can't they state a point and get it over with? Always seeking that emotional feeling...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If you reference your private message I'd say you are only fluent in that language.
One can but hope YOU don't have guns. But your conversation would dissuade.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Does anyone here speak Texan who could explain it?

I'll try one more time. The point is that yes, guns do kill people just like guns do defend people. Get it?

and you are still wrong. People kill people. People defend people. They may or may not choose to use a gun. Without or without guns, people still die. Always have, always will.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well this has run it's course.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join