It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Redford...not leaving

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Robert Redford is not a jerk......just because you met him and he was VERY stand offish and cold does not make him a jerk. He is a VERY famous face, and is approached by every grocery clerk and gas station attendent in the world. Not ALL people in the world wish GOOD THINGS to famous people, some become stalkers or make threats. SOme people want to kill someone famous to get famous themselves. Folks see him in movies and THINK they know him, when in truth they do not.
Famous people cant BE SWEET to every TOm Dick and Harry on the planet. In able to HAVE some privacy in this life they act very standoffish.......THAT alone does not make them a jerk.
Robert Redford is VERY active in saving this planet....he CARES about the enviroment and the little guy......he CREATED 'SUNDANCE' so that small film makers can get the recognition they deserve.....he gives them money to make their dreams come true and supports them in the work they do. To me......a JERK of a human being would never do such things.
How would you behave if everywhere you went folks came up to you all exited about SEEING you?
~MAYBE~ for a while you would enjoy it, but I can tell you it GETS VERY OLD VERY FAST.............and he is standoffish BECAUSE he is a very private person attempting to keep some of himself to himself.
I highly DOUBT he is leaving IMO thats just a rumor......he has to many irons in the fire in this country and CARES about what happens here to many.....including wildlife and trees for heck sakes.
This RObert Redford bashing thread just goes to show HOW folks act when they THINK they know someone because they SAW them on the big screen, or in some town doing SOMETHING......so they make claims that 'This person sucks!' just becuase they didnt get to BOND with this famous person somehow.

here here! I totally agree with you! I couldn't have said it better myself and I'm Redford's number one FAN!
It's the guys that are jealous and the guys who just sit on their arses doing nothing that bash Redford for all that he does for our environment and for independent film makers!!!!
Hatred for Redford are those people who don't try to get to know him or just read urban legends about him! Any common sensed person who is familar with Redford and his causes knows he would NEVER leave his country is that puppet Bush got re-elected!!!!!!! (Oh, Lord help us...I have to endure another four years of his presidency!!!)

I also get so tired of Democrat bashing from Republicans. I hate politics and don't get involved in politics. To me, I don't believe in parties...I just believe we are all created equal. When you have different "parties" it creates hatred and judgements against another fellow human being.
I probably know more about Mr. Redford than anyone on this site and I for one know he is an honest man who tries to keep his private life as private as he can. Do you think celebrities like him ENJOY being hounded by paparazzi all the time when they just try to go buy a pair of socks? geesh! Being famous is not all that much fun, believe me, I know. Give the man a break and quit bashing someone you don't even know...this last statement applies to those who don't really know Mr. Redford....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This thread is testiment to the fact that nobodies will take every opportunity to put down those who make names for themselves, out of their own jealousy and self-loathing. Oh look, a tall poppy.

Boo Hoo.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Cargo, hurray! Exactly put simply! Too many nobodies voicing their opinions on people they don't even know! Sad. But then again, this is our America! Just makes ya proud of the ignorant people here, doesnt it?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Actually....I'd better check that Mel citizenship bit just to make sure I don't end up looking like a complete dick.

It's not Sam Neill's accent, it's the way the American media talks about Sam Neill et al as being Aussies. Nobody calls Temuera Morrison an Aussie. Deny all ignorance, take the twenty seconds research to get an article correct. Just because half the Kiwi Actors Equity members work live and work in Oz doesn't make them Aussies, actors go where the work is...

Rant, rant, rant...

Nice explanation as to why famous people can be rude pricks. Having worked with a number of genuine stars I can fully appreciate their attitude in public. Why don't you see how they react when you ask them a genuine question, instead of just telling them how great they are and how you're their number-one fan. How many number-one fans can anybody have?
Engage their brain instead of reaching for its off-switch.

"So, Robert, I don't know about you, but I don't think much of coach so-and-so. I mean since he took over look what's happened."
You never know, he might not be real happy about the state of the team either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join