It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Redford...not leaving

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm a redneck cracker KKK lover, thats why I voted Bush

I'm layin the sacasm on pretty thick.

Hey ed, watch it man, the liberals in these forums would like nothing more than to see you get booted.

We are out numbered like 30-1 and I'd hate to see you go.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

I'll throw in that this nonsense about red this and red that crap needs to stop! No one state voted completely for one party! No one state can say that every person that voted went red or blue, so knock it off...especially with the bashing of the south. I was born and raise in Florida, I am neither your definition of a "red neck cracker" nor am I unintelligent! I currently live in Kentucky which get a lot stereotypical BS which is pure myth also....

Thank you very much, LadyV. Coming from a state that was more red than most (we had a higher percent vote Bush than Texas
) I appreciate you pointing out that a red state does not mean that the whole state voted for Bush. One thing that everybody seems to be forgetting is that 110,000,000 voters, even if it was the highest turn out, or highest percent of population to vote in an election ever, is STILL only slightly more than 1/3 of the total population of the U.S. In addition, for any state that was red or blue, you have to take into account that the majority of VOTERS went one way.

And whether I had voted Bush or Kerry - I am not the poster child for the average American, nor is my state. We are not the icon of what America is. I voted my own personal conviction, just as 110,000,000 other people did. And each one of us had an invididual reason for doing so. We can't make a broad sweeping assumption about why any given GROUP of voters voted the way they did. I know why I voted the way I did....but I haven't got a clue, nor would I be so presumptive to try to state why anybody else did.

The red states or the blue states are not representative of anything other than the vast matrix of individual reasons came together to produce a majority vote for a given candidate...that's all that can be said!

It is so insulting to have EITHER side of the two political parties try to make some grand statement about the red states or the blue states. Either side doing that is WRONG, ARROGANT AND PRESUMPTIVE....and quite frankly making a severe ass out of themselves.

And, finally, on a personal note, as LadyV pointed out, I'm quite disgusted with the derogatory comments about the south and about rural America. Every region of this country, every sector of this country contributes to the whole. It's called symbiosis. There is much that the rural communities contribute, just as there is much the metropolitan areas contribute. We really cannot be the country we are without all of us. Diminishing the worth of either group is so virulent and distasteful.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If Mel Gibson said I'm leaving for Austrailia is Bush loses, and Bush lost. This would have been front page news. Democrats would have been screaming at the top of their lungs demanding that he go.

In the words of Americas all time #1 Talk Show Host "Words mean things"

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If Mel Gibson said I'm leaving for Austrailia is Bush loses, and Bush lost. This would have been front page news. Democrats would have been screaming at the top of their lungs demanding that he go.

In the words of Americas all time #1 Talk Show Host "Words mean things"

LOL....Mel is from Australia...I'm not real sure this would have made a bit of difference to the Democrats.

lmao.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If Mel Gibson said I'm leaving for Austrailia is Bush loses, and Bush lost. This would have been front page news.

He would never make such extreme comments, nor would any conservative for that matter. This just shows the spoiled brat attitude by some liberals. Its my way or the highway.

please note the bold faced words. Im not saying all liberals.

oh yeah, I forgot mel is from Australia, maybe thats how he can still keep a job in Hollywood as a non-liberal

[edit on 7-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's amazing, despite that fact that the story is a hoax, so many people are jump at the opertunity to through in their anti-Liberal comments.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlabamaCajun
It's amazing, despite that fact that the story is a hoax, so many people are jump at the opertunity to through in their anti-Liberal comments.

Well don't you think the same thing would happen if it was a Conservitive?

I don't know if its a hoax or not but it does seem like a silly thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
As a matter of fact, either one of you irritate me a bit more and I'm gonna go ban-happy. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna borrow SO's ban hammer so I can clobberate the both oyu you nuts clean outta here. Heck, I might just knock a few innocent bystanders out of the park for mere fun, so watch it!!

[brownnose]

I love a mod who lays it out straight.

[/brownnose]

No seriously, I do.

Majic, you have won favor in my eyes.
By the way, here is a tissue for your nose.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
LOL wow Thomas, I will be on my way to Destin FL. for Thanksgiving. I will pack a case of toiletpaper and toss it out in Phoenix City or Dothan for you. Just let me know which is closer for you.

If ya live in Eufala I will at least stop and deliver it

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
LOL! Dthan will be closer as I'm in Ozark, which is on 231. You must be coming down 431.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yes sir you got it. Readers Digest's most dangerous road in the world. Can't wait.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If you go fast enough for autocontrol to bring your stabilator to 0 degrees you will surely get a ticket. The stretch between Columbus and Dothan is a bit treacherous and the troopers patrol it heavily. Be careful and have a high-dollar radar detector.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Well, did we kill this silly thread yet? LOL

I have driven it many times. This is the first in my new Corvette ( yes a 2005, I traded the '04 ). I have to stop in North Carolina to buy a radar detector. They are illegal here

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
LOL....Mel is from Australia...I'm not real sure this would have made a bit of difference to the Democrats.

Nope. Mel is from America, born and bred. His father moved the family out to Oz during the VN war. Mel's a citizen of Oz, he owns porperty in Oz but he is not "from" Oz. In the same way that Sam Neill is not "from" Oz, he's a Kiwi.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Originally posted by Valhall

Nope. Mel is from America, born and bred. His father moved the family out to Oz during the VN war. Mel's a citizen of Oz, he owns porperty in Oz but he is not "from" Oz. In the same way that Sam Neill is not "from" Oz, he's a Kiwi.

Mmmm...kiwi with strawberries .

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Well, slap my knee...does he have dual citizenship? (on the Sam Neill thing - I never try to guess those THEY ALL SOUND ALIKE TO ME! LOL)

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Seems to me that there are a lot of people out there who are afraid of those who actually CARE for our environment? Shame! Why can't those who preach the bible and who are loyal Bush supporters realize that we live in a country of free speech. But, if you choose to demoralize a good man (Robert Redford) because you are scared or perhaps just plain jealous that he has made millions in a very hard to get into industry and who worked his tail off making that money, then just shut up!
I truly believe there are a vast majority of men in particular, who are very much jealous of Redford and his environmentally friendly causes and his good looks and his brains that they have to speak bad about him!
Pure jealously, nothing else.
Hey, if you think you can do something better to help our country than Redford can, then go right ahead. Show us all how you intend to make sure our air, water, land, etc. will be cleaner for our children and grandchildren! I'm waiting....
Redford has money and brains. Good for him. Just because he is democrat and the republicans hate him...does that mean he is a bad man?
I totally agree with the person whose message indicated that republicans will have their bible on their desk and yet chant they want to kill all the democrats. So this indicates a true Christian? This indicates a person who is afraid of those who have brains and who care about our country.
Republicans are the ones who started the stupid rumor that Redford would leave the USA if that puppet Bush was re-elected to be our Chief in Command again. I for one, didn't vote for that puppet the first time and I sure didn't vote for him a second. Mickey Mouse got my vote both times!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by edsinger
Well I wish he would, he is a P.O.S.!

F'ing assh0le should leave.

Why is he a P.O.S and a F'ing assh0le?

Just because he doesn't like George Wanker Bush?

I met Redford in Dominican Republic during his making of Havana...believe me the dude is an ass

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by edsinger
Well I wish he would, he is a P.O.S.!

F'ing assh0le should leave.

Why is he a P.O.S and a F'ing assh0le?

Just because he doesn't like George Wanker Bush?

I met Redford in Dominican Republic during his making of Havana...believe me the dude is an ass

perhaps you got in his way while he was filming a scene?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Robert Redford is not a jerk......just because you met him and he was VERY stand offish and cold does not make him a jerk. He is a VERY famous face, and is approached by every grocery clerk and gas station attendent in the world. Not ALL people in the world wish GOOD THINGS to famous people, some become stalkers or make threats. SOme people want to kill someone famous to get famous themselves. Folks see him in movies and THINK they know him, when in truth they do not.
Famous people cant BE SWEET to every TOm Dick and Harry on the planet. In able to HAVE some privacy in this life they act very standoffish.......THAT alone does not make them a jerk.
Robert Redford is VERY active in saving this planet....he CARES about the enviroment and the little guy......he CREATED 'SUNDANCE' so that small film makers can get the recognition they deserve.....he gives them money to make their dreams come true and supports them in the work they do. To me......a JERK of a human being would never do such things.
How would you behave if everywhere you went folks came up to you all exited about SEEING you?
~MAYBE~ for a while you would enjoy it, but I can tell you it GETS VERY OLD VERY FAST.............and he is standoffish BECAUSE he is a very private person attempting to keep some of himself to himself.
I highly DOUBT he is leaving IMO thats just a rumor......he has to many irons in the fire in this country and CARES about what happens here to many.....including wildlife and trees for heck sakes.
This RObert Redford bashing thread just goes to show HOW folks act when they THINK they know someone because they SAW them on the big screen, or in some town doing SOMETHING......so they make claims that 'This person sucks!' just becuase they didnt get to BOND with this famous person somehow.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join