It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ranchlands residents hear strange noises (Calgary, Canada)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ranchlands residents hear strange noises (Calgary, Canada)

calgary.ctvnews.ca

Some residents of Ranchlands say they have been hearing some strange noises in their community.

"It's almost like a giant refrigerator just getting louder and louder and louder," says Dana Negrey, a resident of the northwest neighbourhood. "Our neighbours on both sides have commented [on hearing the noise] and done their own pursuits to a degree...one neighbour, in fact, thought I was out at 4 a.m. with a leaf blower.'

Read more: calgary.ctvnews.ca...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
These odd/weird "humming" sounds have interested me for the past couple of years. They seem to be happening all around the world, so it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident.

Its interesting to see that the sounds can only be heard by certain people (at times) because of their sound levels.

Does anyone have any opinions of what could be causing this?

Cheers

calgary.ctvnews.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-6-2013 by FoxMulder91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

You know, I've heard of similar phenomena occurring elsewhere in Canada and in California. There was a documentary made on it, but I forget what it was called....anyways, in the case of California, it turned out to be a bunch of fish causing the problem o.o I have no idea what is the problem there, though.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Had to flag so I could find this later. Better yet, I'll be up at 4:30... maybe I'll take a listen to the outdoors. Lotsa weather here, though. And I'm a bit removed from Calgary. ..

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I know what my refrigerator sounds like but it isn't a giant one.
Do giant refrigerators sound different from normal sized ones?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yes, they sound bigger.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The same phenomena received media attention in NZ a while back. This vid is the only one a quick search on YouTube found - my apologies for the religious slant the uploader has chosen to give it, but the 3 News clip in the middle of it is definitely genuine.

It also presents some of the theories behind the noise - ranging from the reasonable to the ridiculous.

edit on 3-6-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'd be curious to know what things they have already ruled out, it sounds like they have a pretty in.depth investigation going on. I heard reports on C2C about similar sou ssh heard all across the US. They had some out there ideas like tunneling and underground bases. Could it be something seismic?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

I think it could very well be something seismic...earthquake related, no matter what is actually causing the sound. IF that makes any sense? Nevertheless, I have looked into a multitude of videos and reports and trust me when I say, these incidents or reports are occurring ALL OVER THE WORLD, I happen to find it really unsettling and disturbing to say the least.

Some of the videos I've seen captured were from folks in the middle of a hiking trail somewhere in Colorado, some right outside homes with absolutely no weather, planes or any other type of explanation to go along with it. A lot of the video's and recordings had a multitude of "reports" to the local police/EMS to back up what they recorded. I also came across a few recordings that sounded like an extremely LOUD and rhythmic BANGING or CLANGING from somewhere deep in the earth, and I believe that is where the theory of tunneling or underground activity came from?? The problem with these reports, because they were reported to the local authorities in the areas, is that there was NO explanation given. I can see if someone called in to their local police station and were told that there was some type of drilling going on in the area, or an issue with a gas pipeline so forth and so on.. but so far as I could tell.. there was no explanation given.

I did watch one video when researching the topic that was really disturbing, and I'm sorry I cannot embed or link it, but due to computer issues right now am unable to even go on to Youtube to find it. However anyone that does go looking for recordings that have been posted there will find it. It was a video of what appeared to be an unexplainable sound followed such as wind yet no movement of the trees, and absolutely NO WEATHER WHATSOEVER! Completely CLEAR BLUE skies, yet a "roaring sound" like wind or a tornado. Really strange to watch and listen to.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This happened to me one morning at about 2am,a few months back . It went on for over an hour ,ans I went outside ,and there were some bizarre lights in the distance .
A few other neighbors down the block came out ,and we were all dumbfounded as to what it was .
This was one day before some other huge event on the west coast I believe .
I could find the date,but it want to say it was in march this year. I am in nyc

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
OK, don't all jump on my back here, but ever since I discovered that some mountains are rising out there, maybe it could be related? There was an earthquake in the area recently (see two here both a 4.4 and a 5.4mag. Does mountain-building make sounds?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I didn't hear anything.

/closethread

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I think a robot on Futurama said it best "I choose to believe only what I was programmed to believe!" or words to that effect. Is Belief the same as Knowing? Faith the same as facts? come on folks these are not hard questions - yet we need to get past the simple stuff to get to the real answers. waiting. Facts or Belief? still waiting for some one to notice a differance...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
We've had them here in Windsor, Ontario. I personally thought it was just B.S., but there were a few times I was actually woken up through the night about a year ago. It's very hard to describe, but it's almost like the rumbling of your furnace, but inside the ground. You can feel it.

They say it comes from an industrial zone in Detroit known as Zug Island. That's about 6 miles from my house and there's no way I'd be able to feel a massive vibration like that from a factory, when I have factories just as big closer to me. Also, no answers from the government, especially the U.S. side. I personally think there's some tunnelling deep underground.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jtaylor85

It is man made, many different experiments and weapons are being tested by many countries on each other.
One is called deep base resonance (to affect thought process)
Russia bombarded us in 1976 with the wood pecker signal for years (10 hz that affected brain waves)
Many countries pound the crust and map the layers by reading the return signals, now china hates us and are doing similar things. Its a brave new world ,just hope we survive

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Maybe we are mutating as the junk DNA wakes up in our bodies because of the 2012 fifth dimension density thining the veil and piercing our dmensional reality as entities pass through from other where and the fabric of the universe is momentarily split in twain....?
just sayin

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've heard a lot during the past year or so of these humming 'vibrations'. Is it possible that something could cause underground Quartz to resonate? If so, this could be caused by either deep underground tunnelling, or maybe some other vibration source?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
We heard it as well in South West Quebec...

It started about 2 years ago. I heard it twice while some some my friends heard the loud "buzzing" sound multiple times. I live near Ottawa and they are about 1 hour north from Ottawa.

One thing that makes me believe that it might be seismic, is that we started noticing the "sounds" about a week before we felt the "big" 5. something earthquake two years ago.

Western Quebec Seismic Zone

1944 Cornwall-Massena earthquake Although it was only measured as 5.8 on the Richter Scale, the Cornwall earthquake did considerable damage and also scored a 7 on the Modified Mercalli Scale. Roughly 2000 chimneys were damaged or destroyed. One school suffered heavy damage with brick falling through the roof of its gym. Most two-storey buildings were damaged.[1]

2010 Central Canada earthquake On June 23, 2010 at 1:41:42 EST, a 5.0 magnitude earthquake occurred 32 km north of Buckingham, Quebec at a depth of 18 km. It was felt throughout Western Quebec, Ottawa, and other parts of Ontario, and as far away as Ohio, Michigan, New York, Vermont, Pennsylvania, and Maryland in the U.S.[3]

2013 Central Canada earthquakes On May 17, 2013 at 9:43:23 EST, a 5.2 magnitude earthquake occurred 17 km north of Shawville, Quebec at a depth of 5 km. At 9:53:54 EST, a 4.1 magnitude aftershock occurred 20 km north of Shawville. It was felt throughout Western Quebec, Ottawa, and other parts of Ontario, and as far away as Ohio. in the U.S.[4][5]

Since then, we have one or two good shake each year when it used to be a lot more quiet before that.

Just saying

edit on 3-6-2013 by FrankLY because: added more information

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I myself has experience the sound phenomena. I've even created a thread dedicated to my experience.

What it is, is really mysterious.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91

Does anyone have any opinions of what could be causing this?

Yes, we all know they have been tunneling underground for decades. We're not supposed to know about it. It's a secret project to linkup all the major cities with underground arteries, to move military assets around without spy satellites being able to detect the movements by areal photography.

They are usually too deep for ground penetrating radar to pick up, so the sounds are all muffled, because of the great depth of the noise.

Occasionally, there's an air pocket above the tunnel, like the ones that create sink holes, and sometimes the sound resonates in these chambers, which act like amplifiers, and people above ground get to hear the tunneling machines.

When the machines pass through that spot, the noise stops. If you plot on a map all the locations people have heard the strange noises, and note the times they occurred, you can track the progress of the tunnel work.

edit on 5-6-2013 by KingErik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join