It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If government is so horrible, what is the answer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
Most people don't have the courage to embrace the only REALISTIC alternative to secrecy-based - say it: BASED - government AS WE KNOW IT. As I see it, the vast majority of those who criticize the existing political world are as much a clueless part of the problem as that which or those whom they criticize. The alternative to the present insanity is simply, or most succinctly, REAL transparency, openness, "glasnost." Primarily, we need as much scientific - including spiritual - advancement in the area of explaining as much of the unexplained as possible, even when knowing how much cataclysmic tearing down that is APPARENTLY required in order to rebuild. Religions and condescending, patrician Big Brother-style government aren't TRULY necessary for a civilized and intelligent enough people. As I've stated before, we need a truly NEW world order, NOT a more monstrous version of the existing order that's most commonly REFERRED to mistakenly as the NWO.

Yep - transparency would go a long way on the path of correction. Just as nod to our friends in Norway - their 'income gap' is much lower than other 'western countries'. Not only that - there tax returns are public record. You can look up your neighbors tax return, see just what he earned and how much in taxes he paid. I guess it is considered bad form to make too much money and use that money for selfish ends. In the 60's we call it "conspicuious consuption".

blogs.spectator.co.uk...

taxjustice.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickendres
As I've been reading through the posts, one thing emerges as truth. People on ATS are incredibly well-informed, while the majority of people I come across are either too scared, busy or apathetic to say anything outside the box of social constraints in fear of potential repercussions.

I've made the decision to enter politics because it is simultaneously adhering to the de facto system, while using it to promote "alternative" views.

If empathy isn't achieved through "social" admiration alone, irrefutable knowledge will create thought or at the very least silence.
This is about the message and not the messenger.

I read The Prince by Machiavelli to understand how the majority of politicians think and I would recommend it to anyone, including the Art of War and countless other works. Feel free to contact me, or recommend books to me, I'm an enthusiast when it comes knowledge.

The terms and titles needed to be a person perceived as credible for a message to be meaningfully translated is just part of the game right now. I understand that because we live in a system of scarcity, the majority of people don't want others to have more than what they based on distorted notions of fairness. Hence, I'll use whatever terms, and titles that are necessary to be identified as " right, credible or accurate" in relation to any potential counterparts that will surely arise.

In the words of Albert Einstein "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."
For, "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." Sun Tzu.

Power should be given to only those with the reluctant capacity to wield it in the most dire of circumstances as emulated in the story of Cincinnatus. For practical purposes, term limits must become a standard of governing and enforced by general consent.

I could go on for days, but I for one am incredibly thankful for the wealth of insights presented by all of you. If you're only as strong as your weakest link, I'm siding with ATS every day of the week.

edit on 5-6-2013 by nickendres because: (no reason given)

As my Daddy always told me, to can't fight the System (any system) directly - the System will always win. You have 'leverage' the System in small bits - and keep reseting the equilibrium, over and over again.

Good for you. Great Reads.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Yep - transparency would go a long way on the path of correction.

I wonder how many people voted for Obama because of one of his main platforms was transparency, and what we have seen is 180 degree change in direction for him. People didn't care and he was voted into office once again.

The problem isn't Government it is the masses that vote idiots into office over and over. We deserve everything that is happening to us, and no one wants to suggest that just maybe if the person isn't voted into office then change can happen. Look at how many people have been in congress for decades that have been a determent to our country the whole time, but they will be elected again and again.

There is a small evil side to me that is enjoying the suffering this country is going through, if the people want Obama then good reap the rewards.... same goes for congress...We haven't had a balance budget for 9 or 10 years..YEA! Keep those votes coming so we can have another decade of total failure...

edit on 6-6-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Yep - transparency would go a long way on the path of correction.

I wonder how many people voted for Obama because of one of his main platforms was transparency, and what we have seen is 180 degree change in direction for him. People didn't care and he was voted into office once again.

The problem isn't Government it is the masses that vote idiots into office over and over. We deserve everything that is happening to us, and no one wants to suggest that just maybe if the person isn't voted into office then change can happen. Look at how many people have been in congress for decades that have been a determent to our country the whole time, but they will be elected again and again.

There is a small evil side to me that is enjoying the suffering this country is going through, if the people want Obama then good reap the rewards.... same goes for congress...We haven't had a balance budget for 9 or 10 years..YEA! Keep those votes coming so we can have another decade of total failure...

edit on 6-6-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

I did certainly because I truly believe in transparency - both ways. Now I see when 'officials' talk about transparency they mean we being transparent to them and not the other way around.

Obama disappointed me in the first 30 days of his administration and I'm not the only one. You want to hear Obama trashed, over and over, read independent progressive writers. I do acknowlege the horrible situation he is in but he failed on courage. But if my family was hostage to ?????, could I be courageous and stand up to THEM and the masses; I don't think so.

But today we must vote for the lesser evil - because not voting at all - allows THEM free reign and, more important, it robs the non-voter of a say in local and regional issues which are ultimately more important.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There will always be criminals in government as they know that they can get away with dealings that the common man would be jailed for.
We need a change in the justice system.
We need our justice system to start prosecuting these officials every time they step out of line.
We also need a media that tell the truth and ask questions of criminal acts by government.

Problem is........they all work for the shadow government.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

Bitcoin is a non-supported currency and will not change a thing. It is a current fad. Sophisticated online Barter systems have existed almost as a long as the internet.

For those of you pinning any real hope on Bitcoin...dont.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
reply to post by wasaka

Bitcoin is a non-supported currency and will not change a thing. It is a current fad. Sophisticated online Barter systems have existed almost as a long as the internet.

For those of you pinning any real hope on Bitcoin...dont.

The technology we call "bitcoin" is an API for money.
No big deal, it will change the world the way electricity did.
...but so what, electricity if over rated.

Facebook executive calls Bitcoin "Gold 2.0" youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Think "dot.com bubble" and all the experts that supported that whole sector as the Next Coming.

There is even less to this. Watch and see. Bitcoin will fizzle to a vague memory before this time next year.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join