It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

angel story...hmmm...once again, he is male

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
headline story, yesterday at www.spiritdaily.com...

Marcy 6, 2013

...Harold and Beulah Bassler, an elderly couple from Martinsburg, Pennsylvania, were enjoying their usual after-church Sunday drive. They were on a small country road, admiring the scenery, when suddenly a large car approached. The driver (who they later discovered was drunk) was aiming right for them. Harold swerved, but there was nowhere for their car to go except off the road. It bounced down an embankment and toppled into a gushing stream,. Harold and Beulah both shouted for help.

Fortunately, within minutes, many people in the area ran to assist them. It was a small town, and just about everyone knew everyone else. As some of the men hung onto the car, and others grabbed the Basslers to keep them from being pulled away by the current, everyone saw a handsome blue-eyed stranger drive up and stop. “Here, let me help. They’re going to be cold!” he said, grabbing two brand new sleeping bags from inside his spotless automobile. As the neighbors pulled Harold and Beulah out of the water, they tore off their outer clothes, and laid each one inside a sleeping bag. When the ambulance arrived, the attendants left the couple in the warm bags while they drove them to Nason Hospital in Roaring Springs, PA.

Excitement over, everyone now looked around for the handsome stranger. But he was nowhere to be found. How could someone have driven off without anyone noticing? And why had he arrived on a little-traveled road—with those comfortable sleeping bags—at just the right time?

Due to the warm bags preventing hypothermia, the Basslers survived their ordeal, and had several happy years together afterward. No one ever saw the stranger again. But there was one more peculiar postscript: Not only did the stranger disappear, the sleeping bags did too. Uncle Weldon Bassler attempted to retrieve them from the hospital, to have them cleaned and possibly returned to the mystery man. But he was greeted with blank looks from the emergency room staff.

“Sleeping bags?” more than one replied. “I don’t recall seeing them at all.”

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

What is the significance of his gender that you are implying in the title? Are you hinting that he is a superhero and that all instances of "angelic rescue" are really just disasters that he's at?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by colbe

What is the significance of his gender that you are implying in the title? Are you hinting that he is a superhero and that all instances of "angelic rescue" are really just disasters that he's at?

Cuervo, hi,

I like your avatar name, I have some Jose Cuervo and the mix in the frig. I could go for a margarita but saving it for a party.

I mentioned "male" because angels are spirit. When they appear, they are the image of God the Father. Protectors.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

Cuervo, hi,

I like your avatar name, I have some Jose Cuervo and the mix in the frig. I could go for a margarita but saving it for a party.

I mentioned "male" because angels are spirit. When they appear, they are the image of God the Father. Protectors.

Do you believe angels can't be female? I've noticed that many classic depictions of Christian angels are fairly androgynous and without masculine or feminine features. In your religion, we are also made in your god's image but we still have females so human women are also supposed to be in that image.

As to the Cuervo thing, I don't drink but, when I used to, I did dig the Tequila.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

Cuervo, hi,

Do you believe angels can't be female? I've noticed that many classic depictions of Christian angels are fairly androgynous and without masculine or feminine features. In your religion, we are also made in your god's image but we still have females so human women are also supposed to be in that image.

As to the Cuervo thing, I don't drink but, when I used to, I did dig the Tequila.

You have self control, I can't say "I don't drink." After my conversion, I would only have three drinks in the evening, at a party or out but these days, sometimes I fall down.

Artwork depicts some the angels as feminine but I think they only appear as masculine. Angels are spirit so of
no gender but when they help us here, testimonies that I have read, they are all male. The Father's plan, they
are our protectors. And in Scripture, the archangels are male.

I can't say this is Church doctrine but I have read the same in Catholic writing.

thanks for asking, blessings,

colbe

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

My encounter with an angel was a female don't ask how i knew i just did, saved me from a very bad accident i shouldn't have walked away from but i did or i won't be writing this now

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by colbe

My encounter with an angel was a female don't ask how i knew i just did, saved me from a very bad accident i shouldn't have walked away from but i did or i won't be writing this now

ballymoney,

Thank you for sharing, I am happy you are here. Can you share your reaction on seeing her? Did you think she was your guardian angel? Like I said, I don't think it is doctrine but the archangels and the many saved from harm testimonies. Your testimony shows I am wrong.

God bless you,

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

She held my head from sliding over the ground when the window broke on my jeep as it rolled it was very weird and something told me i'd be ok and not to worry so i just waited it out until it all stopped. I should have broke my neck instead i climbed out while the jeep was on its side and walked away, i lost my new shoes though lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by colbe

She held my head from sliding over the ground when the window broke on my jeep as it rolled it was very weird and something told me i'd be ok and not to worry so i just waited it out until it all stopped. I should have broke my neck instead i climbed out while the jeep was on its side and walked away, i lost my new shoes though lol.

Oh my gosh! Thanks for sharing, You were protected and to climb out!

love to you ballymoney,

colbe

top topics

join