It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears To Deliberately Enter Mexico's Popocatepetl Volcano, again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Guys.

Its an airplane landing in the background, its just the angle.

There are lots of airports around there, check google.

The same obvious answer i had arrived at as well. The footage is sped up a lot to make it look like its flying faster.

edit on 3-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearYourMind
One thing I noticed is the video is sped up. You can tell by the stars in the background, so that changes a lot. I wonder what it looks like in real-time?

It's a video made from stills from a web cam taken secs/mins apart so it is effectively a time lapse!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Greetings my friend, you do realise that a volcano doesn't have a big hole to the middle of earth where something can fly into, right?

It's just a crater with a few seams, vents and domes

This schematic diagram nullifies your statement

No it doesn't there is always magma in an active volcano

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by CosmicQuest

I'm afraid not friend, the conduit is filled with lava and magma in various stages of hardness.

There is no gaping hole as hollywood would have you believe.

It is a big hole and active volcano's erupt lava. How hard would it be to create a craft that could withstand the heat for small amounts of time before breaking up, melting or being destroyed? Our own spacecraft are built to withstand extreme conditions in space and so it does not surprise me, more technologically advanced species than ourselves (if one is willing to admit they exist in the first place) could create such a craft.

edit on 3-6-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

That VIDEO of the supposed ufo is not a video its a series of still pictures taken many seconds or minutes apart which is then made into a video its a timelapse as for building a ship to resist high temperatures you then have to be able to travel through a very viscous liquid ie melted rock.

viscous: Having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid; having a high viscosity

edit on 3-6-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

This is from the camera that is regularly trained on that volcano which is why, if it is a plane, I wonder why another plane on this same flight path has not been spotted before? It is still possible this is the first plane ever on this odd appearing flight path but it might be a UFO. I would think the reporters and people who made this discovery would have checked with nearby airports for a flight coming in at that exact time.

I think you are giving everyone far to much credit. The people who made the recording will claim they didn't know what it was and the news people will say its no their job to investigate only to report. It makes a for a good story so they just don't care. The person who gets the footage wants 15mins of fame and the news people want a story to put at the end of the serious news. Its how the majority of 'UFO' sightings seem to happen these days.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It looks exactly like a sped up video of an aircraft flying towards Mexico City Airport.

With all the cameras everywhere, shouldn't there be tons of unquestionable UFO videos?

You know, if they are real it shouldn't be difficult to do.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
It looks exactly like a sped up video of an aircraft flying towards Mexico City Airport.

With all the cameras everywhere, shouldn't there be tons of unquestionable UFO videos?

You know, if they are real it shouldn't be difficult to do.

I can't believe that all a debunker has to do to end speculation on this is to say it is an airplane.
Nobody proved it was an airplane. If it was captured on other cameras is an interesting question.
Possibly. It is a new story so it might happen.
edit on 3-6-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

This is from the camera that is regularly trained on that volcano which is why, if it is a plane, I wonder why another plane on this same flight path has not been spotted before? It is still possible this is the first plane ever on this odd appearing flight path but it might be a UFO. I would think the reporters and people who made this discovery would have checked with nearby airports for a flight coming in at that exact time.

I think you are giving everyone far to much credit. The people who made the recording will claim they didn't know what it was and the news people will say its no their job to investigate only to report. It makes a for a good story so they just don't care. The person who gets the footage wants 15mins of fame and the news people want a story to put at the end of the serious news. Its how the majority of 'UFO' sightings seem to happen these days.

I agree that it is, but is it always?

Or are there actually UFO's coming and going out there?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by CosmicQuest
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Greetings my friend, you do realise that a volcano doesn't have a big hole to the middle of earth where something can fly into, right?

It's just a crater with a few seams, vents and domes

This schematic diagram nullifies your statement

No it doesn't there is always magma in an active volcano

He said

doesn't have a big hole to the middle of earth

Actually they do.

You'd have to navigate magma.
Not insurmountable for a race advanced enough to get here.
I'm leaning more toward suicide saucer.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

I'm sorry, but that's obvious CGI...look at the pixelation around the volcano!

Interesting indeed OP...

An expert examined the film already said it was genuine, that is quoted in the [/ex] above but I didn't add the fact he thought it was a plane, but admitted it was inconclusive.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by boncho

No offense Bronco but nobody fell for the Eagle carrying the kid off story.
As far as a viral hoax goes, I would say it was very minimally effective.
Even so....You mistrust the news sources and the Mexican Govt?
Doesn't mean this is not a UFO (in my opinion) Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Fooled a few actually, here is the Atlanticwire

and here's a few more:

The original eagle video made headlines on websites around the world including The Daily Mail, The Huffington Post, News Ltd websites, Gawker, ninemsn, The Independent, and The Sun to name but a few who carried both the original story and the hoax follow up.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

www.news.com.au...

But yeah, I'm sure Mexico vets much better than all the rest...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

What I understood from the video is that the trained camera is owned by Televisa, which is the biggest tv network in Mexico. The news reporter mentions it in the video.

I know that MSM news tend to do fake reporting at times, might this be one of those? The reporter who showed the video of the cigar-shaped UFO entering the volcano last year, is one of the most respected news-anchor in Mexico. That being said, i don't trust MSM news at all, I actually don't watch or read it, but i do have a feeling this is real.

Someone mentioned earlier about other alien species (if they do exist) using geo-thermic energy as fuel, which doesn't seem that crazy. If you told someone 20 years ago that you could do face-to-face conference via tablet or smartphones in real time, almost everyone would have told you you are way too high on drugs or something, or you have a crazy and vivid imagination. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hades84

I like your 2 cents on this thread.
I think the turn, whether sped up or not is far to sharp
to be a plane, considering the size of the light doesn't change much.

And I believe this is new, correct?
So if planes are landing in Mexico city all the time,
why aren't there 200 of these vids everyday?

I think it's odd, and just the place an ET would go if they needed energy
and refuge. No one is following them in there.

But someone should tell the aliens if they truly don't want to be seen
maybe they should turn the giant light off on their UFO.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hades84

I know that MSM news tend to do fake reporting at times, might this be one of those? The reporter who showed the video of the cigar-shaped UFO entering the volcano last year, is one of the most respected news-anchor in Mexico. That being said, i don't trust MSM news at all

I think you answered your own question there

Here at ATS we have seen time lapse film of planes that people try to pass off as 'visiting aliens' countless times. Many times in and around volcanos. As this is obviously a time lapse bit of film that is sped up and we know there are airports in the area and it looks like many time lapse films of planes we have see in the past there is absolute no reason to think its a flying saucer doing a nose dive into a shallow lava vent. No matter how much you wish it was

edit on 3-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

I'm confused friend, how does a UFO enter a volcano if it can't go further than the crater?

I got the impression that it was flying into a cavernous tunnel by the way people were talking, which is impossible.

Apologies if I was mistaken and that the UFO's aren't entering the volcano, they are just dipping into the crater.

I believe the premise has always been that there are UFO's that are immune to heat and fly into the vents and into the caverns associated with the lava flows and vents.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well I think we all know this thread is basically over. Any fool can see this 'video' is time-lapse photography. If we knew exactly what time and date this was filmed then we could probably find out which aircraft it is, based on flight logs.

/thread

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Its near an international airport. Now, if it was near in intergalactic spaceport, you might have something there.

What you do have is a conventional aircraft caught on video, near an airport. Not as exciting as space monsters in flying saucers is it?

But, there it is.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FearYourMind

My thought too! looking at the smoke rising,there must be a hurricane going on.My thought is that it's a sped up footage,and a plane did a fly by for pictures.As it looped around the backside,it lowered altitude and was lost in the volcano's shadow.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We all know what's really going on in that volcano.......

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Its possible they are monitoring the activity level of the volcano.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join