It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones Shocker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

i am not reading the books until after the tv series because I dont want any spoilers lol. My partner has read all the books years ago and is slightly jealous that i dont know whats coming.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

I havent read the books, but i'm hoping it has something to do with Joffrey and the whole house of lanister getting butchered

I won't spoil it for you, but let's just say, you'll be VERY happy with what happens at the Purple Wedding (though it does have it's price).

reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That's priceless! (and just another shocker of the episode, him basically leaving her high and dry).
edit on 4-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here is the reaction of Maisie Williams(Arya Stark) to the Red Wedding

Full Video

This is amusing as well

edit on 4-6-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Those reactions are great, hehe....

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Spoiler....

So who were the three names of the blood pact? I heard Rob Stark for sure, then I think Joffrey, but I couldn't make out the third name.

I was an episode behind, so I watched them back to back, and heard it was a shocker, so I kinda knew what was coming....of course I didn't think it would play out like that.
That was crazy. Still can't believe that happened.

Balon Greyjoy was the other name. He hasn't featured much in the TV series so far but I saw Asha in the trailer for episode 10 so maybe we'll get some Iron Islands stuff in the final episode...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Never finished book three. So I'll be alright to finish it after the season ends(about half of book three).

Very happy with what happened. Everyone can cry about Robb... Honestly wasn't even close to a favorite character.

Tyrion owns. Impin' aint easy

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Don't watch it cos the gits threw me and my dog out of Maghermorne Quarry cos they wanted the place to film the stupid program from grrrrrrrrrr put me right of before it even started

I should have let my dog of to give them a few autographs

We used to swim there to now what do i do on a hot sunny day tut!!!
edit on 4-6-2013 by ballymoney50 because: moan

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Pardon?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Well I was not prepared for that...! I knew something was gonna happen. I can always tell by the music..! Things were going too well. Nothing ever goes well for long in Game of Thrones for anyone.

I am hoping that Daenerys will hurry up and come slay all the Lannisters big time. Apart from Tyrion he is a good egg.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrocyte
Wow. So what does everyone think about the latest episode of game of thrones? Shocking. Utterly Shocking. And, might add, great entertainment.

All I'm thinking about now is how bad I want to see that Lord get whats coming to him.

I'm actually disappointed. The Starks were the only halfway decent family going for the throne. Now we have a young evil king born of brother and sister, the guy following the red witch, and a hot little blonde with dragons and a zombie-ish army.

So, who gets the throne in the end? I really don't care now, but I'm still going along for the ride.

I'm hoping that Peter Dinklage's Tyrion character kills that demented nephew-king of his and sits on the throne for a while. The army should back him for his bravery in the first battle.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

We are lucky that they film a lot of it here

I saw my friends dad on the show a couple of weeks ago as an extra, he was one of the guys going to hold down Theon Greyjoy and cut his manhood off

Next time they call for extras you can bet I will be there!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm actually disappointed. The Starks were the only halfway decent family going for the throne. Now we have a young evil king born of brother and sister, the guy following the red witch, and a hot little blonde with dragons and a zombie-ish army.

So, who gets the throne in the end? I really don't care now, but I'm still going along for the ride.

I'm hoping that Peter Dinklage's Tyrion character kills that demented nephew-king of his and sits on the throne for a while. The army should back him for his bravery in the first battle.

No spoiler here, as even as of book 5, they haven't gone there yet (who ends up on the throne for a while)

There are still a lot of Starks alive and well (sort of). Rickon is pretty much out of the story when he leaves with the Wyldling chick. Bran is still seeking his three-eyed crow. Arya is going to pursue her path of vengeance. Sansa has an interesting twist coming up. Jon's future is less certain, but he's safe for a while (going by the books). Still a lot of Starks on the stage. Another Stark returns too, sort of...you'll just have to see.

My bet is that Littlefinger ends up on it for a time. He seems to be the best "player" of the game, carefully orchestrating his pieces over a long period of time. His real moves won't be seen in the TV show until next season. His opening move was getting the title, Lord of Harrenhall. May not seem like much, but this simple title is the first step. You may recally Varyas' conversation with the elder Tyrell lady, where he mentions that Littlefinger was born without lands, a title, or men, but that now he has one, and imagine if he had all three. He will use the title to get the other two (through marriage, as the title Lord now makes him an eligible suitor to a mate who has them). Whether or not he can then put himself on the Iron Throne? Guess we'll see.

You're not TOO far off (though not confirming what is and what isn't right), so no doubt you'll be happy with a lot of the events coming up.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

I'm imply can't understand how nobody appreciated that pun.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

The show is so good! They really no how to milk a storyline.

It's funny. When breaking bad is on, I say to myself "this is the best show on TV, bar none". When Game of Thrones comes on, I reverse that position. They're both great shows, but perhaps game of thrones might have a slight edge in excitement.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I hate how much time passes between seasons! A good 9 months from now.

That conversation between littlefinger and the eunuch felt like a major turn in the storyline, in terms of how prescient, complex and ambitious littlefingers thinking is.

But even then, the only natural feeling ending of the books is for Daenerys Targaryen to take what is rightfully hers: the iron throne.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hi Everyone!
I avoided this thread until I had seen the last episode....which was last night.
Yesterday when the hubby was at work, someone told him who died....and I wouldn't let him tell me, lol.
I was pretty shocked....didn't see THAT coming at all.
My favourite characters are Tyrion and of course....my avatar, the Mother of Dragons. (I wish a dragon would eat Joffrey, lol)
Anyways....now I know what happened...and it made me sad.
Really looking forward to the next episode!
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

But even then, the only natural feeling ending of the books is for Daenerys Targaryen to take what is rightfully hers: the iron throne.

There actually is someone with a better claim to the throne, but he hasn't been revealed yet on the show.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
this sums up how I felt after that last episode -

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I absolutely loved it. It gave me chills. Every 9th episode of each season has been a shocker so far. I'm bummed out we have only one episode left. At least I have the series conclusion to Breaking Bad & the 4th season of Boardwalk Empire to look forward to.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Really? Someone better who hasn't been introduced? Dang I thought all the players for the Game of Thrones had been introduced already. It's not Stannis?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join