It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones Shocker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Wow. So what does everyone think about the latest episode of game of thrones? Shocking. Utterly Shocking. And, might add, great entertainment.

All I'm thinking about now is how bad I want to see that Lord get whats coming to him.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the season to finish so I can watch it in a marathon like I did the last two. I caught part of an episode by accident so I saw some of what's going on this season... Looks brilliant.

Haven't read the books so I've protected myself so far from spoilers, but I better not come back into this thread before I ruin it....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yeah the ending was definitely crazy. I did not see that coming, and neither did they clearly.

The Starks problem has always been they're too trusting. Arya however will probably never trust anyone ever again. I hope she lives long enough to grow up and get revenge on at least a few of the people on her list. It does seem like the Hound is making some inroads on getting himself off her list at least.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I am shocked at what just went down.... I havent read the books but i really hope Arya gets revenge on on that daft old punk and the other w@nker too.

I am starting to kinda get pissed off with the way things are going. I want the dragons to grow up slay everyone already.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Read the books if you haven't already - soooo much more detail and back story to the TV show (which I absolutely love BTW)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I'm waiting for the season to finish so I can watch it in a marathon like I did the last two. I caught part of an episode by accident so I saw some of what's going on this season... Looks brilliant.

Haven't read the books so I've protected myself so far from spoilers, but I better not come back into this thread before I ruin it....

Me too, haha, I can't stand watching things that drag me into their world, on an episode basis. Decided (well procrastinated long enough that the decision has just manifest itself) that I'll wait till the end of season and watch the lot.

But it's going to be hard... spoilers.. ooohh the spoilers..

so why did I open the thread, you may ask. I don't know
I'm incorrigible.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm having trouble digesting all that just happened. Curse the author of the books for writing such a terrible end to some amazing characters. I suppose that's life though, one minute your here and then the next..poof. The northerners will never forget. This episode made me decide to go out and buy the first book tomorrow. I refuse to feel such devastation during the show again.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
That was a really hardcore episode there at the end. (Also the Jon Snow part was a pretty awesome turn of events). They and also the Dragon lady were the only 2 factions I liked, and now im only left with her. Of course there's a couple other characters I like, but for faction wise, it was just those 2.

With what just happened, and along with what the Lannister family (all that marriage stuff) has been going through in the past couple episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone just collapses from within....and then of course something else major happens and we have a new turn of events. (I haven't read the books, so I have no idea what comes next).

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i swear on the old gods and the new that i wont be able to sleep tonight Robb Stark was my favorite character but i see characters die easily because i didnt think Drogo and Ned Stark would die so soon in past seasons a coworker let me borrow the 1st 3 books and i still havent read them lol

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
No words. I am in shock . Crying .....

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
If you thought that was bad you really need to read the books.

Martin has no problem killing of main or popular characters and getting you to feel sympathetic towards ones you thought you would never like.

Oh, the Red Wedding (as this one was called) is good, but I was always a bigger fan of the Purple Wedding. Should be around episode 3 or 4 next year.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Still upset ....

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

I haven't read the books as I don't want to spoil the television series. It is my hope that in the future of the series Arya and King Robert's bastard marry, gather an army and kill EVERYBODY!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Well, they've already departed from the books as far as the bastard is concerned, so who knows. I'm with the member above though, at least folks will be happier once the Purple Wedding is aired.

I have yet to see last night's episode, but as a reader of the books, I likely won't be shocked.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thesickness
I'm having trouble digesting all that just happened. Curse the author of the books for writing such a terrible end to some amazing characters. I suppose that's life though, one minute your here and then the next..poof. The northerners will never forget. This episode made me decide to go out and buy the first book tomorrow. I refuse to feel such devastation during the show again.

If you think the end to characters are bad in this series you may want to check out the Malazan Book of the Fallen, thank God for Quick Ben or else I may have been forced to engage in a public book burning!

That aside I hope you enjoy the books.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

HA! that's precious. You think that's a shocker, wait till the rest of the story plays itself out.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Spoiler....

So who were the three names of the blood pact? I heard Rob Stark for sure, then I think Joffrey, but I couldn't make out the third name.

I was an episode behind, so I watched them back to back, and heard it was a shocker, so I kinda knew what was coming....of course I didn't think it would play out like that.
That was crazy. Still can't believe that happened.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I havent read the books, but i'm hoping it has something to do with Joffrey and the whole house of lanister getting butchered

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thank God I don't pay to watch television. Second line.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join