It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pauline Hanson to stand for One Nation in federal election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I just woke up and heard this news. I did a search for a thread already and couldn't find one so if there is, Mods please remove.

Pauline Hanson is poised to announce that she will run for a New South Wales Senate seat as part of the One Nation party at the next federal election.

A source has confirmed to the ABC that Ms Hanson has reconciled with the party she founded in 1997.

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 2-6-2013 by cartenz because: Forgot URL

edit on 2-6-2013 by cartenz because: speling

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
For those unfamiliar with Australian politics, Pauline Hanson was an ultra-nationalist right wing clown that ran on a platform of bigotry and xenophobia. The only difference between her One Nation party of neo-nazi wannabes and inbred hicks and the conservative coalition is they have even less grip on the realities of the modern world.

Hopefully it will only split the conservative vote and return the other ranga into power.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-6-2013 by cartenz because: added wiki entry

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This woman is pathetic. Somebody please tell her we're not in the 1990s anymore.

She's had her 15 minutes of fame. She claimed she was going to live in the UK. Now she wants to re-enter politics?

Good grief.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Oh god...

It's bad enough having to click around the channels when the news is on, to avoid the incessant SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS that for some ungodly reason gets treated like news down here, now I have to flick the channels when actual news is on because her idiotic voice will be permeating the house with it's shrill halting rabbit-caught-in-headlights manner.

Is there someone with her? Like, do they go "Garn, do it again, honest, give it another go. She'll be right Pauline!!" after a few drinks or what?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

You want Gillard in power???

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I dont like it

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Id rather someone who actually understands politics--so YES, I would prefer Gillard.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
reply to post by Sovaka

Id rather someone who actually understands politics--so YES, I would prefer Gillard.

I would like someone who not only understands politics BUT also can actually keep a promise such as NO carbon tax she pledged also i would like some one who can actually count NOT like mr wayne swan her treasurer who cant bloody count with economic figures. Thanks to him we now have record deficits.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

You have no idea! Tp say you would rather Gillard implies a complete misunderstanding of what effective policies are.

Gillard cannot keep her word let alone implement an effective policy.

Yes, Hansen has not been in power, but as much as every belittles her and talks her down, her views and ideas which seemed "right wing" and "fringe" when she first appeared on the scene were accepted by the Liberal Party under Howard especially the boat people/asylum seeker issues.

Bag her as much as you guys want, atleast she had the balls to stand up in public and speak her mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaSpace

reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Starred you both...

I don't understand how so many people would prefer to have a Politician in charge that cannot keep her own word.
Gillard is the worst PM in Australia's history period.

I know we don't have a lot of choices... But I think I would at least give another the opportunity than to keep in the same trash we have now.

That being said... If I had a third option, I would gladly take it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Im my opinion mr palmer should join or take over one nation since he cant get a registered name for his party
I personanly think mr palmer & pauline hanson together would make a great third force or third political option in australian politics. Just an idea.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaSpace
Thanks to him we now have record deficits.

No we don't. Government debt was higher in the past.

1992—$21.6 billion
1993—$27.7 billion
1994—$30.7 billion
1995—$31.7 billion
1996—$31.1 billion
1997—$29.3 billion
1998—$25.9 billion
1999—$23.8 billion
2000—$22.5 billion
2013—$20.7 billion

(Source).

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
atleast she had the balls to stand up in public and speak her mind.

So does Whacko the Chook, but that's no reason to vote for him.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm not entirely sure Mr. Palmer has Australia's best interests at heart considering his business background.

I can't be sure, but I am fairly certain that any billionaire politician would only care about one demographic.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was a strong backer for CSG Mining and be a major profiteer from it.

See Wiki Entry

His close ties with China can't spell prosperity for Australia.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Thanks to him we now have record deficits.

No we don't. Government debt was higher in the past.

1992—$21.6 billion
1993—$27.7 billion
1994—$30.7 billion
1995—$31.7 billion
1996—$31.1 billion
1997—$29.3 billion
1998—$25.9 billion
1999—$23.8 billion
2000—$22.5 billion
2013—$20.7 billion

(Source).

Actually if you look at your link once again it shows from 2010 to now which is 2013 is the record deficits & that is while wayne "bloody cant count" swan was in charge. You just confirmed julia's governments incompetence. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

I'm not entirely sure Mr. Palmer has Australia's best interests at heart considering his business background.

I can't be sure, but I am fairly certain that any billionaire politician would only care about one demographic.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was a strong backer for CSG Mining and be a major profiteer from it.

See Wiki Entry

His close ties with China can't spell prosperity for Australia.

Anyone who is filthy rich with a lot of connections to multi-coopearations wont have Australia's best interests imo. Then again we cant trust anyone these days, cant trust julia & cant trust abbot neither so we're screwed not so much option out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
reply to post by Sovaka

I would like someone who not only understands politics BUT also can actually keep a promise such as NO carbon tax she pledged also i would like some one who can actually count NOT like mr wayne swan her treasurer who cant bloody count with economic figures.

Well, that rules out Hanson.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Sankari apologies, i misunderstood your link before, saw it again. Ok understood & thanks for that link, i made an error on my previous post thanks for correcting me. Who ever I do have a sneaky suspicion its much higher then they are actually stating regarding the deficit amounts.
edit on 2-6-2013 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Im my opinion mr palmer should join or take over one nation since he cant get a registered name for his party
I personanly think mr palmer & pauline hanson together would make a great third force or third political option in australian politics. Just an idea.

"How do you like my new Titanic, love?"
"I don't like it."

I can hear them already.. and it scares me, they do make a good couple.

lol

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

"How do you like my new Titanic, love?"
"I don't like it."

I can hear them already.. and it scares me, they do make a good couple.

lol

I just spilled my afternoon coffee

top topics

<<   2 >>

join