It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton is telling you not to whine!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Even Mr. Hilary is advising people to stop whining and move forward. I thought Clinton was pretty brave to use this kind of language, but I admire his candor!

November 6, 2004 -- Former President Bill Clinton, in his first comments on President Bush's re-election, yesterday urged Democrats not to "whine" about the outcome, but to find a "clear national message."
Clinton also said that Democrat John Kerry was hurt by the polarizing issue of gay marriage, which was legalized by Massachusetts' top court and put on the ballot in 11 states, and the surfacing of a tape from Osama bin Laden in the final days of the race.

Reminded of terrorism by the bin Laden tape, voters decided they didn't want to "change horses" during a time of heightened concern over national security, Clinton said in a speech to the Urban Land Institute at the New York Hilton.
Despite the GOP victory, the former president � whose wife Hillary is already being mentioned as the top contender for the White House in 2008 � said Democrats "shouldn't be all that discouraged" by Kerry's defeat.

Clinton said it would be "a mistake for our party to sit around and . . . whine about this and that or the other thing."

Clinton attributed Kerry's loss to the Democrats' failure to combat how they were portrayed by Republicans to small-town America.
"If we let people believe that our party doesn't believe in faith and family, doesn't believe in work and freedom, that's our fault," he said.

Democrats "need a clear national message, and they have to do this without one big advantage the Republicans have, which is they won't have a theological message that basically paints the other guy as evil," he said.

www.nypost.com...

Clinton did a good job. I hope that people will take his words to heart and act on them.

Any reaction?

Jemison

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I hope they don't take his advice. I love the whining! Come on Mike Moore, Bruce Springsteen, Barbara (BS) Striesand, Eminem, Puffy, MTV, Move-on.org. Keep up the whining! Waaaahhhhhhhhh!

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think that is a very positve message. While some things that occured during the election are being uncovered and reasearched it would be nice to eliminate the whining from the mix. Whining doesn't get anyone anywhere constructive.

Cameron

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If there's one thing whiners like to whine about, it's whining about whining.

If you guys feel like you're winning something, can you please stop your whining?

Then all the whiners can stop whining about you whining about their whining.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well I also like hearing the whining, that these elite minded people find out that the American people dont by their bull#!

Then again Clinton is not a stupid man....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well I also like hearing the whining, that these elite minded people find out that the American people dont by their bull#!

Then again Clinton is not a stupid man....

What is an elite? I'm I one? Or do you have to be born and raised in Connecticut, gone to expensive boarding schools, and have your family worth more than Heinz Kerry?

Is it education? If someone goes to community college, are they half an elite?

Bill is probably trying to get that UN job. Politicians will sell their soul to get ahead. Look at my old mayor Giuliani.

Is this what people said to blacks and women when they couldn't vote, or their vote wasn't count? "Stop your whining."

When blacks couldn't even drink from the same water fountains as whites, "Stop your whining"

This is about democracy and civil rights. Some people have no identity, so they let other people define them. Wow, you're republican, is that all you got? Is that all you are? Get a freakin' life.

I'm an American before any club I may belong to, and I care about civil rights and liberties for all Americans. So if you don't want to be part of the solution for helping American survive on the principles it was founded on, sit down and shut the hell up, and stop your whining.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
He'll probably change his mind when the Democrats lose the 2008 Election also!

With the ideology that has left the Democrats eating dust, it's going to be a long healing process that I don't see happening on four years.

Not all Liberals voted for Kerry. I know some moderate Republicans that voted Kerry (or so they say).

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Democrats should also re-read John Kerry's noble and gracious concession speech. Democracy is not designed so that political parties win and lose. Its designed so that the people win. Kerry is a winner, for having the guts to put himself up in front of the people.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Democrats should also re-read John Kerry's noble and gracious concession speech. Democracy is not designed so that political parties win and lose. Its designed so that the people win. Kerry is a winner, for having the guts to put himself up in front of the people.
I would agree. Peronal opinion coming.....if he presented himself to the public throughout the whole campaign as he did in his concession speech the election may have turned out much differently. Democracy is ideally for the people....although the attitudes about it seem to heavily cloud that goal....I hope it hasn't become lost.

Cameron

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Clinton only seems to be able to help hiimself.

I say keep on whining. The democrats made the mistake last time of joining behind the president and trying to work with him. Look what happened.

The Dems have got to fight fire with fire and the republicans are using nepalm.

The more I look at Clinton the more I dislike him.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Must-Obey-Clinton *robotic twitch* Need-Follow-Master

bleghhh!

Not everyone that hates Bush is a democrat. In fact, most of my family members are registered republican- and are ALL amongst the Kerry-voting
"whiners!" Okay, actually no one I know is whining....just worrying/a little pist. I am pretty much over it, but fear this country is goin down the drain.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thanks, Masked Avatar, your whining about the whiners whining about the whining whiners gave me a headache!
Great, no you've got me whining!

top topics

join