It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Next??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have been struggling back from severe anemia, and all the attendant side effects of having been anemic for an extended period of time. Getting stronger, feeling better, and boom a kidney stone. Managed to get through that, painful experience and now 2 weeks later I have chicken pox!

Say what?? I am old, I had chicken pox as a child, you have got to be kidding me! No, it is no joke.

In rare cases, people who have had the vaccine still get chickenpox. And a few people who have already had chickenpox get it again. If this happens, a milder form of the illness usually occurs, with fewer blisters and symptoms. This is called a breakthrough infection.

Milder, sure! Try telling that to my achy, feverish, chill ridden and most of all ITCHY self.

www.webmd.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I have been struggling back from severe anemia, and all the attendant side effects of having been anemic for an extended period of time. Getting stronger, feeling better, and boom a kidney stone. Managed to get through that, painful experience and now 2 weeks later I have chicken pox!

Say what?? I am old, I had chicken pox as a child, you have got to be kidding me! No, it is no joke.

In rare cases, people who have had the vaccine still get chickenpox. And a few people who have already had chickenpox get it again. If this happens, a milder form of the illness usually occurs, with fewer blisters and symptoms. This is called a breakthrough infection.

Milder, sure! Try telling that to my achy, feverish, chill ridden and most of all ITCHY self.

www.webmd.com...

WebMD..hmm

everytime I have looked there..

you are going to die..

even if you have a runny nose..

go see a doctor..

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
homeshalom.blogspot.com...

Likewise Tree Tea oil is good for the blisters

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Used that to show that people can get it more than once. My Dr. does not copy/paste well to ATS. No death, just misery. Nothing can be done, antihistamines for itch, baths, don't scratch, stay home, take acetaminophen for fever and aches. In 10 to 12 days, should be over, but like the title says, what is next? Not sure I want to know!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Thank you for that! Have not gotten past finding out what was wrong yet, so I had not looked for herbal remedies. I have some of those recommended items on hand.
Will try those out.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Share your pain and gain strength from the sharing. From this point you will find a way to move forward, your ATS friends stand with you and believe you are strong enough to win through.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
happy thoughts bud in a few weeks you will have forgotten all about it
go kick the cat in the mean time

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Being susceptible to ailments is a result of being run down (you said anemic). Lowering your bodies immunity is also accomplished by worrying about it. Not exclusively so, but it sure helps.

Aleve is a better bitter pill for fever and aches. They have less fluff, work for twelve hours each and less side effects. You are taking many more Acetaminophens in that same period of time.

The bummer is theres no actual remedy except time. You have to ride it out. I remember loving soda crackers and fizzy apple juice when I had it.

And the best ailment reducer, a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
get some guiness into you for the anemia or brewers yeast

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
ATS users killed by careless poster who spread the chicken pox.

I hope you washed the OP before you submitted it?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Well, most cases the elderly and seniors get Shingles, which is caused by the same virus. Does it by any chance look like a rash or does it also burn?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by baddmove

Used that to show that people can get it more than once. My Dr. does not copy/paste well to ATS. No death, just misery. Nothing can be done, antihistamines for itch, baths, don't scratch, stay home, take acetaminophen for fever and aches. In 10 to 12 days, should be over, but like the title says, what is next? Not sure I want to know!

Nothing can be done, antihistamines for itch, baths, don't scratch, stay home

antihistamines for itch, baths, don't scratch, stay home

don't scratch

It will not be possible. By the very nature of this insidious disease, it waits. You're strong at first. It holds off. You're staunch. It tingles. You shed a tear. It barks. You jump. It screams. You dive in with both hands, all finger nails and little bits of plastic from the milk bottle, all over.. everywhere... Ahhh relief.. Weeping, oozing, magnificent relief.. Oh but it stings.. it stings and it hurts.. IT STINGS AND HURTS!!!

You fill the bath with pinetarsol. It's foul. Coal tar black, but you have to do something. It's murdering you. You step in, you lie down. The warm water tempts the itching to cease... momentarily. You exit the sanctity of the tub, and somehow pat your self dry. It wriggles under your skin again. It's not content. It wants your soul.

That's the end of day 5.

edit -

Oh I see the forums are having a battle with my mind huh. In preview, the size tags work. But in the post, oh nooo.. not the way it's supposed to be.
edit on 2-6-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hate that you seem to have more than your fair share of illness ! Hopefully this will be all you have to deal with for awhile...but be glad it is not shingles which is what a lot of people get the second time around instead of the chicken-pox again and shingles is very very painful. My step-dad went through it and it never seems to go away or get better. But here are good thoughts headed your way that you will get through it all and still be able to smile !!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. They help.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Poor kitty
If it would help, the temptation is there. Here kitty kitty.....not really, wouldn't help.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I know! As it is I figure it one of my fellow members said, "A pox on her!" Words have power people!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes I know about shingles, but the Dr. said it is the pox. I suppose that means I still have shingles to look forward to.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

bet it would put a smile on your face though
meeeeoooowwww

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

You fill the bath with pinetarsol. It's foul. Coal tar black, but you have to do something. It's murdering you. You step in, you lie down. The warm water tempts the itching to cease... momentarily. You exit the sanctity of the tub, and somehow pat your self dry. It wriggles under your skin again. It's not content. It wants your soul. That's the end of day 5.

You scare me sometimes.
My 'what's next' question actually refers to what possible disease lies waiting after this one, but, after reading what you wrote, maybe I will narrow my scope and just try to get through today.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

Thank you for your kind words. Yes I am grateful that I do not have shingles, I understand they are agony.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join