It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Officers Does it Take to Beat a Woman Senseless?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Remember the Seattle Shooting and killing of an innocent woodcarver by police. Sad state of affairs.
SEE HERE

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is happening all over the world. The QLD police even changed their name from

"The Queensland Police Service"

To "The Queensland Police Force"

They reckon the new name suits them better, I agree.

edit on 3/6/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Unfortunately, this type of thing is all too typical from the police, and what follows afterward is always a denial by the department and, in severe cases, unpaid vacation for the offending officer. That's in the cases that are so egregious and inexpiable that the department gets forced into doing something.

So this disabled lady was in the wrong place at the wrong time like so many others. A couple of cops felt like taking their frustrations out on her, and they did so. Got a witness? it won't matter. Called 911 herself? clearly she was covering her tracks, the fiend.

We've all read stories about police who commit even worse crimes (murder) walk away with a slap on the wrist, and I seriously doubt this will be any different.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
its not surprising and that is a sad state of affairs these days..another poster noted that its the bad apple that spoils the bunch, the problem is all the good apples stand around and ignore and/or deny what the bad apples are doing so how am i to have any faith

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So long as they are not punished properly for their abuse of
power it will only ever get worse and while i understand unions
are important for the most part what in all that is holy makes
a union think protecting someones employment is more
important than following laws, if they break a law then union
or no they should be on unpaid leave until such time as
it is determined that they did not commit a crime, then
they can be back paid, until then its a slap in the face to
the victims to know these people are sitting at home
collecting a pay check for beating/killing/maiming or
otherwise demeaning people......

I have to say we are lucky for the most part in our area,
the police don't tend to be so much on edge here, they
often help stranded travelers even when they don't have
to, they try to speak before arresting you and don't just
draw their weapons for no reason, to think of it even the
one bad cop i dealt with as a teen didn't ever misuse his
weapon, though he did end up getting fired for harassment.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This was a comment from the story made by a LEO

In reference to this: POSTED BY TIGRRRRL AT 8:50 P.M. JUN. 2, 2013. You, girl, have absolutely hit the nail on the head. Having worked in the law enforcement field for 3 years I know exactly why the officers responded in the manner they did. First off, if she possesses a operator's license for a motor vehicle then she knows that if she is pulled over by the police that she at least needs to pull over to the side of the road or the first safe location to do so, and place the car in park and wait for the officers to approach her window. I guarantee you right now. She parked her car, shut it off and immediately got out and headed towards the apartment complex with no intention of speaking with the officers.

Just because she SAYS she has a disability, the officers can not concern themselves with treating her any differently until they are able to determine that in the course of the investigation. You know how many bad guys have told me they have epilepsy, Tourette's, or whatever dumb excuse they could come up with to get out of trouble. I don't believe anyone until I have proof. He grabbed her arm when she walked away, which was perfectly acceptable. At that time I can't guarantee you that she either attempted to pull away or swing at the officer. I take that as a sign of aggression. They handled it completely professional because believe it or not a lot of people that officers make contact with are out to kill or physically hurt the officer in order to prevent going to jail or worse. These is my decree...I will go home to my family safely at the time of the night no matter what. If that inconveniences you slightly, then my apologies that you got so butthurt.

Also to the stupid people on here who have either been beat down or know someone whom has, no one gives a crap. It didn't make the news obviously and even if it did, guess what we still don't give a crap. Maybe if you aren't broken the law, no mater which law, you would have never caught the attention of law enforcement. If you have the time and money to file a lawsuit, why don't you use that time and money to help someone. If you don't have the money, but the time is available, which is MOST OFTEN the case, why don't you find a damn job.

With this attitude that since there are 'bad' people then everyone is to be treated like one is being abused.

So the lady did a stupid thing by walking away, in the past this would not have resulted in a beating. Now it does and is considered acceptable.

I'm honestly afraid of the police in the US now. I have a bum shoulder and osteo-arthritis in my elbow, if they put me in an arm bar, I'd be seriously injured. Seeing as that has become SOP for asking questions, or reacting normally to a stressful situation, I'd likely be targeted as a resistor.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HorizonMan

In reference to this: POSTED BY TIGRRRRL AT 8:50 P.M. JUN. 2, 2013. You, girl, have absolutely hit the nail on the head. Having worked in the law enforcement field for 3 years I know exactly why the officers responded in the manner they did. First off, if she possesses a operator's license for a motor vehicle then she knows that if she is pulled over by the police that she at least needs to pull over to the side of the road or the first safe location to do so, and place the car in park and wait for the officers to approach her window. I guarantee you right now. She parked her car, shut it off and immediately got out and headed towards the apartment complex with no intention of speaking with the officers.

Just because she SAYS she has a disability, the officers can not concern themselves with treating her any differently until they are able to determine that in the course of the investigation. You know how many bad guys have told me they have epilepsy, Tourette's, or whatever dumb excuse they could come up with to get out of trouble. I don't believe anyone until I have proof. He grabbed her arm when she walked away, which was perfectly acceptable. At that time I can't guarantee you that she either attempted to pull away or swing at the officer. I take that as a sign of aggression. They handled it completely professional because believe it or not a lot of people that officers make contact with are out to kill or physically hurt the officer in order to prevent going to jail or worse. These is my decree...I will go home to my family safely at the time of the night no matter what. If that inconveniences you slightly, then my apologies that you got so butthurt.

Also to the stupid people on here who have either been beat down or know someone whom has, no one gives a crap. It didn't make the news obviously and even if it did, guess what we still don't give a crap. Maybe if you aren't broken the law, no mater which law, you would have never caught the attention of law enforcement. If you have the time and money to file a lawsuit, why don't you use that time and money to help someone. If you don't have the money, but the time is available, which is MOST OFTEN the case, why don't you find a damn job.

With this attitude that since there are 'bad' people then everyone is to be treated like one is being abused.

So the lady did a stupid thing by walking away, in the past this would not have resulted in a beating. Now it does and is considered acceptable.

I'm honestly afraid of the police in the US now. I have a bum shoulder and osteo-arthritis in my elbow, if they put me in an arm bar, I'd be seriously injured. Seeing as that has become SOP for asking questions, or reacting normally to a stressful situation, I'd likely be targeted as a resistor.

majority of these types of SCUM are wife beaters and child rapists. This doesn't surprise me in the least...

And they are NOTORIOUS for raping women, then using the I can jail you card...they ARE the CRIMINALS. And those who support them, like the quote above,

Are trash too. Probably killed her own baby by shaken baby syndrome because the baby looked at her wrong...typical thug.

They'll get theirs, if there isn't a HELL, we should create one, because pose these types have earned their rightful place in...there is simply no excuse beating up on anyone, ESP a disabled woman,

Total lack of professionalism and incompetence. Disgusting...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HorizonMan

And this hateful, uneducated LEO is allowed to carry a weapon when many peaceful and intelligent citizens are targeted as terrorists in their own Country?

Upside down doesn't even begin to describe today.

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am TOTALLY with you on the whole steroid thing! I happen to know an officer with the city I live in and he and one of his fellow BFF's (who is also an officer for the same city) were both HUGE steroid users. They were a couple of poster children for stocky muscle bound juice heads. Anyway, the one was "caught on tape" ...his own dash cam as a matter of fact literally captured him losing his mind when a truck pulled out in front of him a little to closely. He was supposed to be responding to a call and instead pulled the truck driver over and well to say the least before it was over the incident was on the news, he was reprimanded and so on. I knew as soon as I saw it however what the real problem was ....absolute "Roid Rage" as it's called.

I truly believe the police force in this country must have an ongoing issue with steroids and it is producing basically a small army of completely over zealous and out of control "KILLERS"...we see it each and every day and I cannot believe at this point NO ONE is paying attention or investigating WHY they are so quick to use EXCESSIVE FORCE on so many calls?

Take for instance the woman who was recently shot to death at Costco, I mean seriously? Are these officers not trained to defend themselves any other way other than to unload several shots into anyone that approaches them and appears to be a threat????? If you ask me they are using too many of those "women, children, elderly person targets while at the firing range or SOMETHING?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Does anyone see a pathway for us to blame this on guns?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

These cops need to go to jail each for 10 years. Not cops just dirt bag thugs, i mean look at her injuries that is from a servere beating.

Police, in turn, are recommending the woman be charged with felony assault to an officer.

I hope she can get a great lawyer as the police dept charging her with felony should be charged with unfair, unlawful, unethical use of the law and be sued for defamation. I hope she takes them for millions in the court and gets jail time for the assaulters.
edit on 3-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I am wondering what defines a Police State? When civil rights are abandoned and people are not innocent until proven guilty? When the police decide to enact a punishment for an alleged crime and dole it out right there on the spot. If this woman did anything wrong, her beating should be considered punishment equal to a certain amount of time, like 6 months or so. So if she is found guilty, adjustment should be made to take into consideration she has ALREADY UNDERGONE a portion or all of her legal consequence for the alleged crime. So for example it would be like asking a perpetrator, would you like 6 months in jail or would you prefer we beat the heck out of you here and now? Cops should not get to do any gratuitous beating up of people.

edit on 3-6-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

This will happen more and more. The frustration of civil servants (specially junior level) will cross boundaries often in the era of declining budgets.

The civil servants were used to good life for little real work, for far too long.

Things are being shaken now, nobody knows what to expect.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
It's sad that this is the result of just a small misunderstanding.

Perhaps if we were better at communicating, both the police and the citizens, we wouldn't have this problem.

Perhaps if they faced charges for their actions, instead of being defended, this type of thing would happen much less often. Many, many times, it is gross over reaction by the cops to a non threatening situation. But, their first instinct is to draw a gun or beat the crap out of a person. If they even think they see someone defying their authority, they go completely berserk. No excuse for scum like this.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Many police beat up their wives too. Now, just where are these women going to go for help? I believe we're hiring the wrong types for police work--in many instances, police are no better than the ones they target for incarceration. Now if only they had the moxy to be able to go after crime bosses and thieving politicians. Oh wait, that would take skill and courage. Okay, nix that. Let's stick with the attainable--beating up women.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is sick and disgusting what these officers/bullies did to that lady! I hope they lose more than their jobs!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I can never understand American policing.
In most countries the police are there by the permission of the public, but in the USA you seem to have an almost military dictatorship forcing policing upon the people.

This is not the way policing in a civilized society should be. The job of police should always be the protection of the public, and a person defying an "order" issued by a police officer is not risking them harm. Violence should ALWAYS be a last resort (whether you politically agree with the citizen or not!) and this is excessive force.

No one was at risk, no one was potentially being harmed, this is about an arrogant cop getting mad and violent because someone dared to "challenge" his authority.

American policing if f'ed up. You have far too many little despots with daddy issues wanting to control people, and the very basic principle of policing by permission is completely lost.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I know these sorts of incidents do not give LEO's a good reputation. It's despicable what happens out there.

But it's my opinion that these cases are rarer than we think. There are tons of bad cops out there, but many more "good cops".

You know....one bad apple ruins the batch.

You know I think it is the responsibility of society to bring attention to these situations where those in authority abuse it, or just... don't show appropriate judgment, which may be the case here.

I do agree that most cops are decent, and it is a tough job. I'm not sure how good my discernment or even self control would be in high pressure situations (although, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't try to beat a woman who is handicapped).

For the record, I am hearing impaired as well, and I got caught speeding (seriously speeding), on an urban business street. It took me a while to know the cop was there, he had been chasing me for a quarter mile. I finally saw his lights, and pulled over; my end of the conversation went like this...

"Yes sir, I know I was speeding."

"Yes sir, as a matter of fact, I do have a hearing problem."

"Thank you sir, I will slow down. Have a nice day."

He totally let me off with a warning. He didn't have to. He probably shouldn't of. Decent guy. They're not all bad.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Do you have any proof they aren't getting punished?

Actually yes. We have more proof of Police who get away with these types of actions than we have seen prosecution of these types of actions. Very often when Police are punished for their illegal actions, it is the Police Union who comes to the rescue of an Officer and even in cases where the Officer is fired- he is later reinstated, thanks to the Union.

However, that does not change the fact (and it is a fact) that more often than not Police do not face the same type of consequences that your average citizen would face. Sure, they may be fired but why are they not charged and prosecuted for assault? Murder? Theft?
_javascript:hyperlink()

I know these sorts of incidents do not give LEO's a good reputation. It's despicable what happens out there.

But it's my opinion that these cases are rarer than we think. There are tons of bad cops out there, but many more "good cops".

You know....one bad apple ruins the batch.

No! I am so sick and tired of seeing this lame excuse time and time again. At one point, even I subscribed to this idea but not any more. I will come right out and say it, and even prove it, There are no good cops

The reason why there are no longer "good cops" is because of a code of silence and secrecy that surrounds Police Departments Nationwide. It is known as the "Blue Code". It is a code that every Officer abides by and it is the very definition of corruption. Police who perform actions like the one in this thread know that their fellow Officers will lie, commit perjury, falsify evidence, and do what ever it takes to cover up the wrong doings of their brother officers. So long as this code exists, all officers are accomplices of the crimes their fellow officers commit.

Now I am not arguing that all cops commit crimes, what I am saying is that at the very least all cops will turn their heads and ignore the wrong doings of their fellow Officers. In the rare instances that they do not turn their heads- it is these Officers that will find themselves unemployed.

In recent times we have seen Police sodomize a man in NY for the crime of marijuana possession and disorderly conduct.

Speaking of sodomized men, who can ever forget the horrific 1997 case of Abner Louima. In any court of law, this establishes a pattern.

We have seen Police allow dogs to bite compliant suspects and then plant drugs on them.

We have seen Police in California shoot and kill a man while watering a lawn. In this case Police admit they never even said a word to the man much less asked him to put down his "weapon".

We have seen Police tase and kill mentally ill children

We have seen Police chase a person over a seatbelt violation, then run them over and kill them.

Just look at these cases, then show me in any one of these examples where one of the attending Officers filed a report or took any action to bring the facts of these cases to justice. Show me just one. You can't and you can not do so because of that Blue Code. The code that says a Cop won't snitch out another Cop. A code that says you back up your partner and fellow cops.

Of course there are cases where an Officer has been brave enough to not protect his fellow Officer. Know what happens to them? Look at the case of Regina Tasca.

In one event she failed to help gang tackle a 100 pound drunk women at a hospital. The drunk women was taken to the hospital and custody was turned over to the hospital. She was taken there for medical reasons and not a suspect of any crime. When the women attempted to leave, an Officer grabs her and the women flails her arms scatching the scab off the Officers hand- which also resulted in that Officer being given paid medical leave for a full week. Officer Tasca did not rush to her partners aid in this instance.

In a separate incident Police are once again called for a medical assistance call to take a mentally ill man to the hospital. When the man attempted to walk away, an Officer tackles him and another Officer jumps on him and begins punching him repeatedly in the head while he is pinned down. Officer Tasca pulls off the Officer who is punching him.

Her actions were then grounds to fire her because these two incidents established a pattern of behavior that made Officer Tasca a danger to her fellow officers. At her reinstatement hearing the Judge acknowledged that Officer Tasca acted in compliance with the use-of-force policy – but he dismissed that fact on the preposterous grounds that “no evidence was presented to establish that Officer Tasca even knew about the document.” This is what happens when an Officer does not follow the Blue Code.

When they do follow the code?

edit on 3-6-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here is an interesting cop block article that explains why there are no good cops.

There are no good cops- Copblock.org

The article can be summed up in one sentence.

If your cop friend has ever ticketed or arrested someone for a victimless crime he’s a bad cop and the poor souls he arrested or ticketed were so for committing acts that harmed nobody.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join