It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] A *NEW* Window of Opportunity: Ask, and ye shall receive.[HOAX]

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Initiate

Well first, I will remain a skeptic, I have seen plenty of threads like this and others.

At the same time, your words do ring true in many regards, especially to me and some of my friends. The human species is doomed, by themselves. I don't know of any other species that proactively tries to f* themselves. The cows, chicken, pigs, definitely don't try to kill themselves.

Anyways... I have been through a lot in life and am relatively young.

What are some solutions to the predicament humanity is in? I don't see any one way out, each solution is regional in my opinion, and each region will react differently. Will there be an intervention of some kind, or will humanity be the victim of its own design?

As for a question: Is there an intervention, or will everyone live/die to pay a consequence of the damage done?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Initiate

I am not condemning some of the ATS users, who are so endlessly fascinated with incarnated personalities, as if that even were to begin to demonstrate what level that particular soul is along the evolutionary chain of our cosmos.

I am admonishing them, however.

I'm fascinated. But mostly by the people who take you seriously.

It does make you feel like you are on a higher plain of the "evolutionary chain" when you put others down I suppose. I happen to be a lvl 42 wizard. However, your tone is of a lvl2 Druid.

I got amazing powers of observation....

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I seriously do not understand why members are asking what this person's credentials are?

How can you expect this person to prove anything to you? Even if they posted their credentials, they will be ripped apart by certain sections here.

If you don't like what the member has to say, don't get involved, ignore the thread. It isn't difficult.

I will be interested to read some more responses to the questions being posed. The O.P is sincere in what he is trying to convey here, that I am certain.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

PART II

a wise person can always learn from an idiot, but an idiot never learns from a wise man.

So very true. On two levels. On one hand while I believe I should learn from my mistakes, a wiser approach is to learn from the mistakes of others. On the other hand, if one can put one's sense of self importance aside, the greatest lessons often come from the most humble of people: the uneducated man who cleans the washroom, the old woman who makes the coffee in the diner, the man writing parking tickets.. each one of those people taught me a great lesson in life through their words or actions. As one young girl said to me, one of my greatest teachers, "The lessons are there for you, if you decide you want to learn them. Most don't."

You could treat this thread as an opportunity to puff yourself up with pride and self importance, with the satisfaction that comes from saying "I am so right and you are so wrong." Is Initiate right or wrong? Genuine or a fraud? Those questions are irrelevant. Information is being provided. Information is neutral, neither right or wrong, true or false; those are judgements we make based on our own assumptions about reality. It seems to me that part of understanding is to see how that neutral information integrates, or doesn't, with how we choose our own perceptions of reality. The western systems of bifurcated categorization (real/imaginary, true/false) are not universal -- the Zen Koans for example are one exercise to break down this set of mental constructs. As the magician says "All things are true, even those that are false" We can choose to think of reality as something external to ourselves, where we are parts of the machine; or we can choose to think of it as something infinitely malleable that we reacts to our choices like the reflection in a mirror. "As within, so without". Can one "prove" either of these? No, they are axiomatic.

In that case, I choose to listen carefully to initiate, and strive to understand his/her information. Will I accept it? I don't know, but just suppose that he/she is accurate, then I do myself a disservice to dismiss it out of hand without proper consideration. Initiate's manner and content so far have convinced me that it is worth my consideration. On the other hand, after consideration, I may consider it to be incorrect or a well spun delusion or an elaborate hoax. But it is a disservice to myself to use ad hominem arguments to "be right". I chose instead to look for that which will serve my goals and objectives.

Ultimately we are responsible for our own enlightenment, or else it is pointless.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Dear curious ones: do you not realize that a soul is much more than its current Earthly life? Do you not know that we all were once dabblers in Black Magic, teachers/professors at a university, rapists, murderers, liars, deceivers, manipulators, evil agents (albeit unconscious ones in most cases), politicians, lawyers, doctors, witches, priests, agnostics, atheists, Muslims, Christians, Jews, heretics, inquisitors,..., in previous lives?

Are you that dense and poorly educated, that this much still needs to be spoon fed to you? For if you knew this (truly knew this, not BELIEVED in it), then surely you would not be wasting even a single word on your futile attempts to ascertain my identity and the worthless credentials attributed to me in this single life!?

Honestly? Yes, a lot of us are that dense and uneducated on matters regarding arcane stuff like reincarnation and souls and black magic. Not by a choice of ignorance, though. And here some of us are, myself included, legitimately trying to seek some interesting information which you offer with one hand, while insulting the people searching for that info.

I live in the only world I'm familiar with, and if I *have* had past lives and was once a black magician or such, then I admit am completely ignorant of it. I had hoped to not be called dense because I was seeking answers to information I an uneducated in, and answers which you readily offered to give at that. Insult us about it if you must

edit on 4-6-2013 by WorldRover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is a very impressive thread, provides a lot of food for thought. Can spend quite a while on these ponderings, they are very interesting. S+F for Initiate.

As for questions I have a few but I fear with the popularity of this thread and the length of the answers I may be waiting till 2015 to get my reply. At which point Id have forgotten this thread even existed.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Asking for proof, just makes things very stale. Am aware proof is important but it just sounds a little annoying. Especially when they ask for it in nearly all their posts.

Some members only post to say, "That's a wild claim, have any evidence for that?", "Provide proof to your statement and I will gladly take you serious", "You provided no proof how am I supposed to believe it?".

It just bugs. I get curious as to what these people think is a conspiracy because they seem to think everything is fairy-tale. If you think it is a fairy tale then treat the content as entertaining , like a lord of the rings book haha.

Don't take a dump on peoples interests with a blunt question.
edit on 4-6-2013 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I see that you have touched on the idea that we all "choose to incarnate" which is a concept I have always struggled with since I clearly remember struggling with every fibre in my being to resist being sent here.
It has affected me to this day (I am 40 yrs old).

I did not want to come here and do not want to be here but for my kids/family.
It was explained to me at the time that it was not my choice to make and that I must go.
I fought it with everything I had but, in the end.........here I am. I am "here".

"Choosing to incarnate" certainly isn't the way I remember it.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralChaos

Why, I seem to have a faint remembering of a small blur of my how my personality will be and how it will be with the interactions of others and how peaceful and honest I felt in this small moment, its like I felt my real face and it wasn't this one.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

What drew me to ATS were OP’s like Initiate’s. If nothing else Initiate is a very captivating writer and I’m intrigued by his style and cryptic messages. This is reminiscent of the John Titor posts but with much more eloquent delivery. I’m confident it’s BS but I certainly will continue to read with an open mind and continue to be thoroughly entertained!

Question everything!

S&F Initiate!

edit on 4-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Do you not know, that your true intellect (or lack thereof) is only demonstrated, when you can analyze the content of my words, without obsessing about my incarnated personality?

Ponder on those words, dear reader, and remember them the next time you wish to excise your brain excrement onto these pages. You are wasting my time, your time, and the other readers' time.
People like you, who flock to the cult personalities (scientists, philosophers, gurus, 'mediums' etc) will still be suffering on Terra (and probably on other planets) ere this eon is over.

edit on 4-6-2013 by Initiate because: typo

edit on 4-6-2013 by Initiate because: (no reason given)

Dear Initiate,

As I am sure you are aware, or will be by the time you have reached this post you will know that I have been following along, reading, absorbing, reflecting and sharing some of those thoughts. I always do my best (as a flawed human) never to engage in name calling or anything reflected in the negative. This also goes for replying to others comments in the negative. Granted I am not perfect and from time to time I fall victim of this behavior.

That being said, of course I don't think you are infallable because well, that would be silly. I am a little surprised you spent as much energy as you have addressing the negative. The fact that you have means you have received the negative energy and let it enter your person (not surprising you are empathic) and then even more surprising you sent it right back out. Perhaps for good reason, perhaps not.

I guess what I am getting at here is.....oh wait, I have a question!! I knew I would eventually. Let me apologize in advance that the topic isn't about who is God, or why are we here, rather it is a question for you about you that in the end has significant relevance to my own personal evolution. So please don't take offense.

Why did you fill the need to address the negative in this thread? When someone such as yourself should certainly know that well, haters will be haters. Your attempt to address them was for whom? You? Them? Or the other readers who are already trying to see past the nonesense and gleam all they can from your insights? Certainly you don't think you can get the hecklers to see this as anything they already see it as right? Your last 2 posts were to what end?

I only ask because you have spent a lot of time covering just a few questions ans thus far spent more time addressing the irrelevant. Again, no offense was intended.

Stay sacred my friend.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

What drew me to ATS was OP’s like Initiate’s. If nothing else Initiate is a very captivating writer and I’m intrigued by his style and cryptic messages. This is reminiscent of the John Titor posts but with much more eloquent delivery. I’m confident it’s BS but I certainly will continue to read with an open mind and continue to be thoroughly entertained!

It's a point of view, not just BS. It's obviously complete and detailed, probably coming from person living it as truth. That alone can't make it bs. Stuff like this you don't hear much about in your everyday life. Anyone willing to think like he does has at least my respect for doing that. Is everything he said absolute truth? How can we know that, I doubt that even 1% of this forum is aware of things he talks about, if they exist. I can't the moment I read it know if it's truth, but looking at his posts it's obvious there is a lot of thinking and experience behind that unknown to most people.

But anyway, I'm not really interested in anyone giving me facts like what happened 9/11 or how many dimensions are there. I thought I'm absolutely ready for this, but 2 years after i realize what am I supposed to do with that? Enjoy knowing something I don't understand to be entertained or something like that? I really rather like to be made to think, lately I realized our minds can be so closed and far off this reality that there are questions I can be asked and just stay in silence or in awe with realization of not knowing anything. (not that I'm naturally stupid person, it's just that nothing ever suggested me to think that way or about some things) There is so much to learn and at the same time there is no better feeling than realizaiton of something. Like, when you know it from your experience. I'm sure there is a whole new world of knowledge there and people like him are doing it in some way, knowing it and learning about stuff we're so separated from.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

It's a point of view, not just BS. It's obviously complete and detailed, probably coming from person living it as truth. That alone can't make it bs.

One person’s truth is another person’s BS, friend!

I'm sure there is a whole new world of knowledge there and people like him are doing it in some way, knowing it and learning about stuff we're so separated from.

New ideas go down smoother with a grain of salt. I quite enjoy this thread though I can’t help envisioning a group of young college students huddled around a computer laughing their arses off at the gullibility of those who are eating up their "Initiate' posts as truth. If that's the case at least the entertainment was mutual!

Regardless, I needed a break from the usual and, as I stated, Initiate is obviously a gifted writer. He certainly got my attention! Like many others, I’m waiting for the next post!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I apologize if I am adding to your burden, but after spending last night reading your posts thus far Initiate, something else occurred to me.

You spoke often of the black mages and the left-hand path. But you briefly mentioned a few times the concept of "white mages" taking the right-hand path, presumably harnessing the law of attraction rather than the law of repulsion. I was curious about this, as after thinking abut it for awhile, it reminded me of something I was told years ago by a numerologist. Now I only put very light stock into psychics and the like, if nothing else I take it as more entertainment than anything. I expect no major answers to life to come from a random psychic in a small northern city. But in his brief reading of myself, his "profile" I guess of me was that of "the magician" as he called it. He described me as having an innate understanding of the law of attraction, whether completely aware of it or not. He described me as the type of person who simply needs to dream and focus on anything in life and it will seem as though it falls into my lap like magic. Now, I'm not about to agree wholeheartedly based on this brief assessment but I will admit it has had a ring of truth based on how my life has turned out thus far. I have had my struggles, but the end result of all has been exactly what I wanted out of life. I would sometimes come out of the hardest of situations with almost baffling finess as all my world around me conformed to make it so. All the while though, my goals have been rather modest, and largely with the greater purpose to serve the world better and create the world I want to see.

Now with all that said, this has all culminated in me recently falling into my "dream job". This job (ironically enough) involves me assisting the most vulnerable (marginalized to the extreme as what most people in my field would describe) and helping achieve their personal goals in life, no matter how grandiose or modest they may be. Even within this job I have made strides that seem almost magically simple and natural for me. The money means literally nothing to be, apart from giving me opportunity to mutually break free of this financial tyranny we live in, as well as afford greater opportunity to serve others (sometimes showing just how little money means in reality).

I'm curious as to your take on this, if there would be even the most microscopic of truths in what he said. That I would certainly love to hear more of the "white mages", as if there were any merit to any of this, I certainly believe my experience has been much more up the "right hand path" as you've described it thus far.

Thank you very much for all of your time and patience here on ATS. Whether you are a great and wise soul or a vagrant passing through, you've presented many ideas for us to wrestle with to say the least. It is much appreciated

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

PART II
If this is the case, dear reader, why are you wasting time on ATS? I would have thought you'd have better things to do on Richard Dawkin's blog, or perhaps James Randi's 'educational' forum. Why don't you email a renowned scientist and ask him/her for advice? Surely your thirst for bogus wisdom would be stilled, not?

Or why not try a modern 'philosopher' like Daniel Dennett? He'll explain away (keyword: away) whatever you ask him.

What if I had 4 PhDs? What if I had been born and raised in a blood line family and you could verify my seniority therein by examining my blood scientifically in a laboratory, so that your hungry hearts were contented?
Is this a cult of personality, or is it a genuine interest in what I have to say? Do you believe the message is only worth listening to, once you have established me worthy of speaking?

Do you not know, that your true intellect (or lack thereof) is only demonstrated, when you can analyze the content of my words, without obsessing about my incarnated personality?

Dear reader, let me give you some words you aught to carry with you for eternity:

a wise man can always learn from an idiot, but an idiot never learns from a wise man.

And I shall certainly have my coffers full of learning, ere my time here is up.

Ponder on those words, dear reader, and remember them the next time you wish to excise your brain excrement onto these pages. You are wasting my time, your time, and the other readers' time.
People like you, who flock to the cult personalities (scientists, philosophers, gurus, 'mediums' etc) will still be suffering on Terra (and probably on other planets) ere this eon is over.

Ponder on these words, if you will.

Let me tell you something, dear reader: 90% of all of human 'knowledge' (that which is obtainable in the bulk of your media outlets, libraries, book stores, etc) is based on your faithfulness and glamorization of the cult of:

*Personality
*Appearances
*Speculation.

Never forget this, and you will be wiser than most, if you consciously adhere to these self-evident truths.

But please, do not take my word for it. Continue following your cult leaders in the public domain. Their 'message' is loud and clear on the radio and television waves you constantly, addictively consume.
Sooner or later, in this life or another, you will recognize the follies of your incessant and self-defeating, lustful curiosity for the lives of others.

This only makes your world the poorer; oh, if only you knew, dear reader. Members of my brotherhood refuse to incarnate in this primitive society and assist you in your evolution, for this very reason! You are only harming yourselves! Why should these brothers of light incarnate into a thankless, cult-like world of appearances and glamor, and try their hand at the impossible ideal of lifting you out of the barbarian age!?

Amusing still, that another user remarked that I supposedly am a cultist. How ironic indeed.

For so many other beautiful and well-developed souls in this forum (in particular, this thread), who have demonstrated genuine insightfulness and a yearning for attraction (love) and a disdain for repulsion (hate), I will be answering your questions thoroughly in the coming few days. Your patience is much appreciated.

See you soon!

edit on 4-6-2013 by Initiate because: typo

edit on 4-6-2013 by Initiate because: (no reason given)

Excellent work, ATS.

You're breaking him down very nicely. Keep at it and you might drive him to a good banning.

You are all just fine the way that you are.

As the Buddha said: "No being comes short of completeness".

The part that this guy is leaving out is that our power comes from our ability to operate as a system, not as isolated individuals, struggling for 'spiritual advancement'

You will merely become 'food for the moon'

My mission, dear reader, is to spare you this suffering; and so no soft words will be spent on trying to lift you up beyond your gutter-dwelling minds.

Wow, thanks, Aleister!

Keep workin' him folks.

edit on 4-6-2013 by Bybyots because: .

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm not eating this as truth, have I not been clear...it was my intention to say I'll gladly think about everything and give him credit for doing that. And rather welcome new ways of thinking and ideas that I CAN think about, than just truth I'm supposed to accept, like cold facts I can't possibly prove.

Although there is one thing I'm interested in lol...maybe I'll ask some other time.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

What drew me to ATS were OP’s like Initiate’s. If nothing else Initiate is a very captivating writer and I’m intrigued by his style and cryptic messages. This is reminiscent of the John Titor posts but with much more eloquent delivery. I’m confident it’s BS but I certainly will continue to read with an open mind and continue to be thoroughly entertained!

Omg this is it. The dis info agents win all the time because they don't focus on what is said in order to convey a sense of wrong doing, when in true sense, the writer is excellent at his writing.

We all hang ourselves in one way or another.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeCuda

I feel like I'm living a parallel life to yours. Our situations are incredibly similar. I havn't yet found that dream job for me yet, but what you described sounds exactly like what I want to do. What is this job?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Am blind in the left eye, but my heart keeps chugging along. For me, its a recluse

and am very much scared of things.

I'm too clever to be taken for granted.
but too dumb to realise it

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

I'm not eating this as truth, have I not been clear...it was my intention to say I'll gladly think about everything and give him credit for doing that. And rather welcome new ways of thinking and ideas that I CAN think about, than just truth I'm supposed to accept, like cold facts I can't possibly prove.

I wasn’t referring to you, friend. If you read the first 16 pages you’ll spot who I’m talking about.

Although there is one thing I'm interested in lol...maybe I'll ask some other time.

I’m sure you’ll get the answers you seek…one way or another.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join