It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible calls God Ehyeh (Yeh) not Yahweh! Jesus is Yehshua (Yeh saves or He Saves)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

That is an interesting observation because there are plenty of reasons to suspect that there is a plural sense being conveyed regarding "God" and the like.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Most Bibles have it translated that God's name is "I am that I am", this sounds strange in Modern English.

"asher" means "that, which, who, what".

Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh in Modern English should be "I am who I am" or "Yeh" (Being).

Jesus's name is Yehshu (Iesous) or YeshuA.

So, how did people mistakenly think "Yah" is the name of God when The Bible does not say this as the name given to Moses?

People say "Halleluyah" which means "Praise Yahweh" but shouldn't it be "Halleluyeh" which would mean praise "I AM" (The name of God given)?

Yeh also represents Jesus so those who say God and Jesus is one in the same - their names are connected by "Yeh" where as Yahweh starts with (Yah) and Jesus starts with (Yeh - Yehshua).

"I AM" is ultimate truth. It is probably the only thing we can know with absolute certainty. How can the fact that "I AM" be uncertain? If I did not exist then there would be no ME to have thoughts about whether or not I exist...

People think "I AM" is bad. Some say they felt darkness but maybe that darkness is what created light. Remember in the beginning there was darkness, void, and water and then finally Elohim (Translated as God) said "Let there be light".

Everybody and Everything is "I AM".

Man, this is wrong on so many levels... where do I start?

Ok... first, "Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh" is correctly translated to English as "I shall be what I shall be" or "I will be what I will be". Ehyeh is not present tense. Anyone with minimal level of knowledge of hebrew knows that. The verb is prefixed with an aleph and is thus future tense, not present.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Bible does say that YHWH is the name given to Moses. Moreso, the name was already know since Abraham and potentially, before. There was no mistake regarding the name itself, but given the natural absence of binyanim on the written form of the name, the meaning itself could have been lost, or held as some sort of sacred secret.

Ehyeh asher ehyeh is not another name for God. Rather it is a key to correctly conjugate YHWH, which is the name for God.

Keep in mind that words in Ancient Hebrew are essentially formed by two things (excluding prefixes and suffixes); the root and the binyanim. The root gives a general meaning, and the binyanim, the specific one.

Your doubt rests on the fact that you believe the vowel to be part of the word. It isn't.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Sigismundus

That is an interesting observation because there are plenty of reasons to suspect that there is a plural sense being conveyed regarding "God" and the like.

It's Majestic Plural. Let it rest.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just a few addendums since a few more points have been brought up.

First....to reiterate...Yahwehs name "Ehyeh asher ehyeh" is not an incantation that causes the mystical cosmic powers of the universe to be released.It is this type of religious hyperbole that causes so much ridicule and confusion of The Truth.Yahweh did not nick his name from the Sumerian Gods or any other "myth" .Trying to base a theory on myth is starting from a false premise and will only produce false results.

The fact is Yahweh has shown he(a "convenient pronoun) has no desire to be known unless he reveals himself.He is not "pining" for recognition from mankind.His gnostic is not a "secret" club of practitioners he has bestowed the knowledge of mysteries with cyphers.

The fact is Yahweh's name (nature) cannot be proved ....there is only evidence to support its existence.The " essence" of myths can contain shadows of Truths but are not The Truth and nothing but the Truth.There is only one thing that is......Math ....and maths purpose is not to decode" the mysteries but to signify "what IS".

Yes there is great significance in the fact that Ehyeh asher ehyeh name is 543 and משה (Moses/Moshe) is 345 and it is the Pythagorean triangle mirrored and sums to 888 which is Yahoshua which in Greek is Iesous and they all SUM and many many more Truths ...but they are not proofs they are facts .... The Truth.

The Fibonacci sequence is not for assigning meaning to religious nomenclature. I only showed that they are where the beginning of all things comes from it and "signifies" ALL of Gods nature and the creative process of all things through math.The numbers have no meanings without relationships"(ratios...ex..Phi) and they aren't "1" thing.That is how Kabbala and numerology and the number worshipers have gone off the rails into the pit of ignorance.The numbers are infinitely complex in the infinite equation of Yahweh's not a system of religion.Their ends(sums) are not to justify the means of religion.

EVERYTHING is "made"(created) by and through math (the sum of Yahweh's words).Quantum physics is just now cracking open a very small door of an atom.Everything Yahoshua said is based on a equation.For example he told the religious pharisees the Kingdom of Yahweh COMES without observation.It is neither here nor there.
This harmonizes with the basis of quantum physics.The realm of atoms and smaller particles, objects exist not so much as objects but as "waves" of possibilities of being here or there and everywhere at the same time -- UNTIL someone "observes" and the possibilities suddenly collapse to definite locations in particles...what we "perceive" as the physical universe.

This is only a small HUGE example of how Yahweh has left his fingerprint(evidence) on EVERYTHING yet it can't be proved ....it is only theory. The numbers sum in ways that are almost unimaginable in perfection...just as they would if there was "A" Creator..not lack of one or ...MANY mythical Gods.Sometimes(99.9999999%) the wisest words ( numbers)are never heard as Paul Simon said.. all lies and jest..still a man only hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...

edit on 11-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Now if God kills a million other Gods, then he can qualify as being "genocidal".

That's not the definition of genocide. I hate it when people redefine words according to how they feel those words should be used. Pick up a dictionary or stop talking, you are a bad influence on the vocabulary of the forum.

You really shouldn't hate... it is the great motivator of genocide.

And learn to take a joke.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
this reminds me of the "i am"'s that Jesus speaks of in the new testament. we studied this at college in new testament literature. Jesus refers to himself as "i am" both present and past tense.......could be along the same lines. he was,is, and will be......a ever living spirit/being.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join