It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible calls God Ehyeh (Yeh) not Yahweh! Jesus is Yehshua (Yeh saves or He Saves)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I had a similar "wow" moment when I first examined the applications of the Fibonacci Sequence with magickal, occult, and spiritual theory. Nothing mind-blowing or anything for me. I'm well aware of the human mind's tendency to seek patterns in everything it observes: nature, art, mathematics, literature, etc. But I will admit, it does give a satisfying overview for many of the basic tenets of spiritual, magickal, and occult studies:

Fn0=0: the Void of Non-Being
Fn1=1: the Great Mother
Fn2=1: the All-Father
Fn3=2: the Tao of Being: Yín-Yáng
Fn4=3: the Triad of Alchemical Primes: Mercury, Salt, Sulfur
Fn5=5: the Elements of magick and occultism: Spirit, Fire, Water, Earth, Air

Unfortunately, that is still where my observations end. One could, however, almost create a sort of "work book" following the Fibonacci Sequence, a way to teach themselves, or others, magickal theory and practice. Beyond lesson 6 (Fn5=5) though, I'm not really sure how other elements of magickal/occult theory could be included.

there are 8 chakras

There are only 7 major Chakra in the body:

01: Sahasrāra the Crown Chakra
02: Ājňā the Brow Chakra
03: Viśuddha the Throat Chakra
04: Anāhata the Heart Chakra
05: Maṇipūra the Solar Plexus Chakra
06: Svādhiṣṭhāna the Sacral Chakra
07: Mūlādhāra the Base Chakra

Which is one less than Fn6=8 implies should be present in this lesson.

and 13 sephiroths

There are only 10 recognized independent but interlinked Sephira on the Tree of Life:

01: Kether
02: Chokmah
03: Binah
04: Chesed
05: Geburah
06: Tiphareth
07: Hod
08: Netzach
09: Yesod
10: Malkuth

There's also the Veil of Wisdom, Da'ath, which is crossed after completing the Counting of Omer—accessing the 50 Gates of Binah. So, either 10, or 11 Sephiroth on the Tree of Life, not 13, as Fn7=13 would suggest.

None-the-less, interesting stuff to examine and explore, for those interested in this kind of thing.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Don't feel too bad if you can't get people who don't understand Sumerian mythology, and how it differs from the later, Semitic mythologies of the Akkadians, Babylonians, Assyrians, and Chaldeans, to see that figures like Nudimmud/Enki (Ea to the Assyrian/Babylonians), and Ellil/Enlil were amalgamated into the Jewish mythology during the Babylonian captivity. The Sumerians are a very mysterious culture, and one which is very poorly understood by the layman.

Unless these people have the works of C. Leonard Woolley, H.W.G. Saggs, Izre'el Schlomo, John Maier, Samuel Noah Kramer, or Stephany Dalley, or other such dedicated Sumerologists at their disposal, they're not going to have the full story.

There are literally hundreds of pages of extremely interesting mythology on figures like Inanna and Enki which simply don't get published often, or online, because they're only recorded in the works of dedicated Sumerologists and museum curators. Not many Judeo-Christian scholars, or "ancient Reptilian theorist" authors bother picking up books which don't contain a contextual bias in favor of their personal stance.

So, as important as Inanna's mythology was to shaping our culture, and the progress of civilization, people with a predisposition to one God will seldom ever acknowledge anything other might be responsible. Most of them probably don't even realize that Inanna has counterparts all over the ancient world:

In Babylon she was known as Ištar: the Morning Star; Venus. In Canaan/Phoenicia she was known as Astarte, "the star", and when the Jews defeated the Canaanites she became known as the demoness Aštoreth. In Syria she was known as Qadeš, "Lady of the Holy Places", whom the Egyptians later imported as Qadištu, alongside her Astarte form. In the Hittite/Hurrian religions of Anatolia she was known as Šauška, the "Hurrian Ištar".

Nor do they realize that the mythological cycle between Inanna and Dumuzi, the ill-fated grain-god, have parallels all over the ancient world:

In Egypt the myth of Isis and Osiris. In Babylon the myth of Ištar and Thammuz. In the Levant the myth of Anat and Ba'al. Among the Hittites as the mythology of Tarhunt. Among the Hurrians as the Disappearing God myth of Telepinus. With the Phrygians and Eutruscans as the myth of Kybele and Attis. in Indo European mythology as Demeter and Persephone. In Semitic and Greco/Roman mythology with Adonis. And even all the way to the Norsemen in myths centering around Baldr, or the spring-goddess Iðuna.

Oh, yeah, and let's also not forget the other important figure who borrows heavily from the Inanna/Dumuzi mythology: Jesus Christ.

So, what you have is a myth started by Inanna, adopted and adapted by every culture that came into contact with the Sumerians/Akkadians, then stolen by the Judeo-Christian writers, who tried to shoehorn the pagan elements out, and claim it as their own. And you wonder why they so vehemently deny any deity but their own? Their whole mythology is repackaged paganism, with a heaping side order of "we tried to wholesale slaughter all the pagans we stole from".

I commend you for the good fight, but they'll never accept it, no matter how many facts, or how much archaeological evidence backs your side.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
More propaganda. Do your god blessed research next time instead of regurgitating your spoon fed dogma.

It is you who assumed that I didn't...

The serpent started out as a symbol of rebirth and wisdom. Satan himself is based on Baphomet and Pan, the gods of fertility and wisdom. All of this was done in order to obscure the true nature of Christianity's birth.

Not according to the bible. Satan is called "The Dragon" and "The Serpent"....

Yes, the serpent DOES represent wisdom and rebirth / sexuality, but it also represents NATURE since The Serpent crawls on the ground, which is why Christians started to use animal like creatures to represent Satan because of the BELIEF that Nature is wicked and fell from the perfect order of The Biblical "God's" plan.

Do your mother loving research, people. I'm tired of you just saying, "Meh! Someone did it for me. I'll assume they did it right."

You are assuming someone did the research for me while at the same time complaining about assumptions.

Oh, did Satan tell you all this himself? No? Who did you get it from again? Oh, that's right, GOD. Let's consider the possibilities here, eh?

No I didn't get it from any "Satan" or "God". I looked at the parallels between The Sumerian and Biblical Scriptures.

I could make a fine case for Satan being the god you worship, and Yahweh being the god you despise.

I doubt you could, considering the fact that you don't know which God I worship - or even if I worship any God at all...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No I didn't get it from any "Satan" or "God". I looked at the parallels between The Sumerian and Biblical Scriptures.

If you had looked at Sumerian mythology, then you would know there is little-to-no authenticity to Biblical scriptures.

The Hebrew scribes recorded their myths while captives to the Babylonians. The Babylonians were the Semitic descendants of the Sumerians and the Akkadians.

The Hebrew myths resemble Babylonian myths, which resemble Sumerian myths. Therefore the Hebrew myths are based on the Babylonian myths, which are based on the Sumerian myths.

Anywhere else, it would be the Sumerians credited as the originator of the myth. But, for whatever reason, the Judeo-Christian followers are absolutely unwilling to do so.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Rex282

What are your thoughts concerning the tetragrammaton, the Kabbalah, and the 64 tetrahedron?

AI,

Those are deep subjects.I don't have much to say about them because I seldom think about them.However here are a few of my thoughts.

The tetragrammaton is a religious convention.Yahweh never told Moses or the Israelites or the Jews to not to say his name.It is not an incantation or invokes secret power.As was already addressed there is no way of knowing what the pronunciation was because of the way Hebrew is written.This relates to Kabbalism and the power of the name however it is just the mysticism created by religion.Simply stated the name of Yahweh is the creators nature..."I will be what I will be".Yahweh's number value signifies its nature through simple math in relationships to other numbers.They aren't static where a"number" means something by itself.

As for Kabbalah ...it means receiving..in this case mystic knowledge.I have read some commentaries on Kabbalah and see it is impossible to know what it is.It was not written down it is passed as verbal knowledge for the "few".I think anyone being truthful would be hard pressed to define it.My take on it is as everything else.It is religion and has no wisdom of Yahweh.Some Kabbalist are "way"into the numbers (Gematria) however the scriptures are not a cypher to be decoded to gain knowledge and wisdom and power or a "higher" communion to Yahweh.The numbers are an equation not hidden mystic powers.

The flower of life has many numerical significances(ex...Metatron's Cube the Platonic solids etc) however just like the aforementioned have been perverted by religion by its mysticism.It is not the Tree of Life or the "true Tree of the Sefirot or the myriad of other claims.I have watched some Nassim videos and it seems he is sincere in his beliefs however I believe he has fallen in the same trap the religious always do..... by making a "theory"(doctrine) and worshiping it.

I believe the numbers are paramount to everything however worshiping(or even decoding )them is not their purpose.The knowledge of them is a sign post of being on the narrow path(Truth) and not the wide path that leads to destruction (religion).The numbers are not incantations or secret knowledge or cyphers to predict events or prophecies etc etc....they are what they are. ...The Truth.They signify everything.They don't perform magic or reveal the inner sanctum of any religious belief .

I'm frequently asked....so what are the numbers purpose..my answer ... everything...I have no "theory" for the numbers because.... there isn't one.It is so far beyond the carnal mind to comprehend the great equations it can't be put in a box and studied only observed as the aforementioned sign post.They "signify" what things are.

A math number like Phi is akin to the Tree of Life(like I said before... the parable of the soil and seed is an equation).Phi is a "ratio that is summed through the Fibonacci numbers.The Fibonacci numbers I mentioned are the first of the equation(0+1=1).It was not assigning a number as a meaning like.... 6=man..... like religion does.

Everything is worked out to perfection (by Yahweh) even though we can't perceive it.Math is the sign posts that navigate ...it signifies what exist and how everything works....it isn't magic...and certainly not religion.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

When we say, "I am a mathematician", this creates a prison. We are then forced to take up the role of a mathematician, and expected to act and think as a mathematician. Whatever we say that we are, it becomes our prison.

But it would sure help you to get that job when the position requirements are "Mathematician".

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

To get to the real "power" of anything is to understand it. Understand its nature. That is power.

Nomenclature is Power.

When assembling missiles: "stick the doohickey to the thingamajig" doesn't get you anywhere good.

Life becomes simpler and safer when you know the difference between a wave guide tunnel, a radome, an aileron, and a proximity fuse.
edit on 5-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Everybody and Everything is "I AM".

But what has that got to do with what may or may not have been said to Moses?

So, the next time I see Moses, I'll tell him to have the congregation worship me and only me?
I think I'll give that a miss.
edit on 5-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Do you have a habit of building projectile explosives or something?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Yes there are 8 chakras.

www.3ho.org...

There is an interesting reference to the number 13 representing unity and love in this link. It does require a bit of reading.

hermetic.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I was(past tense) only following orders.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

If I may, I believe the key to connecting all three of those things I mentioned is the fact that the term tetragrammaton may be translated into at the phrase "four sided force of gravity". I believe that electromagnetism maybe a key to this mystery.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Before anyone gets any silly ideas, let me translate:
years ago, arming aircraft for the US military in a routine sort of way for training missions in a designated target area out in the desert. (think: the movie, Top Gun, but the other guy on the crew)
edit on 5-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You're wrecking my campaign to plant silly ideas

There was that time when I prevented the taking out of the film crew for "Title deleted" because the EOR de-arm crew was unfamiliar with AGM-45s on F-4s, luckily, I knew where the safety devices were stowed and how to use them.

I hope none of those people are on the forum, well, no, just making it up, never happened.
edit on 6-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Rex282

If I may, I believe the key to connecting all three of those things I mentioned is the fact that the term tetragrammaton may be translated into at the phrase "four sided force of gravity". I believe that electromagnetism maybe a key to this mystery.

you may.....

hey....Electromagnetism... I'm all for it!!!!...The tetragrammaton being a tetra gravity machine encased in the ark of the covenant...mysticism...wishful thinking.

Nassim is a smart guy...however he has zero wisdom of Yahweh....he is making his "science" theory fit his religious agenda...and it's all over the place....his extrapolations of the OT are horrendous....Yahweh is so far beyond our comprehension it is futility to try and "figure" him out.The OT meaning is on the inside(the numbers )however it is NOT Kabbalic mysticism.It is an equation.....and the letters on the outside are the "Law" that kills....Spirit gives life.

.The Ark of the covenant is a Fibonacci sequence(as is Noah's Ark and the Altar and many more things of the scripture). Yes! electromagnetism is very significant.The Ark is not the encasement to look for it though (especially since none knows where it is ) however there is a superlative structure that is .The Pyramid of Giza.The problem is ...there the religious are...worshiping at it's feet(it was the Tower of Babel) marveling in it's perfect construction and not seeing the forest because of the trees.

Esoteric mysticism and math(the True spirit) do not mix.Math is only like it in that it is hidden to our very limited carnal minds.Even with all mans great discoveries of physics we haven't even come close to figuring it out....and the beauty is...we don't have to!It has already been literally"figured out" by the creator.All is going perfectly according to the plan (equation).We cannot add or subtract one jot from it...only "observe" what it IS.

edit on 6-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hi Arpgme

Ehyeh esher ehyeh - could also mean I AM ASHUR I AM

Since although esher does mean (who, that which, what etc.) the text is CONSONANTAL (no vowels) so if ASHUR is actually meant here, it would be the Assyrian clan god ASHUR (and his wife ASHERAH, sound familiar ?) that is being referred to here.

After all, the Assyrian clan-god ASHUR was the "God of the Four Faces", the face of a man, the face of a lion, the face of a soaring eagle and the face of an ox (or 'bull') - sound familiar? If not read the Scroll of the Book of the Prophet Hezekiel chapters 1 and 10

Seems those pesky Hapiru/Hebrews did a whole lot of borrowing from their gentile neighbours, especially from those gentile nations into which their scribal priests were deported/exiled - the Assyrian Exile began in 722 BCE and continued until 701 BCE - where the '10 lost Tribes' were taken to Nineveh (and its environs) and, well, never heard of again !

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

There are only seven major Chakra in the human body. Here is the title and description of each of them. The "aura" is not a Chakra, as recognized by Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and other faiths where the concept of the Chakra originates.

The "aura" is a New Age spiritual belief which has been married to... well, just about every school of thought where someone is willing to accept it. Unfortunately, most "aura" exercises, and attempts at documenting it, have been proven to be cold-reading, camera trickery, blatant lies, or the result of hallucinogenic and psychotropic substances.

I'm still looking for a pure explanation of 13. "Love and unity", while a nice thought, just strikes me as having too much bias in it. 1 can certainly be defined as Unity in a monotheistic system where there is only one True God. However, Nature either needs no single parent, or two parents, suggesting that life is dual in nature: requiring 2, or none. And 3 is certainly not love. 3 is the interplay of the forces of Creation, Destruction, and Balance, as found in the Alchemical Primes and the Alchemist's Triad: the components of the Philosophers Stone.

Thanks for the links though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Hi Sigismundus,

Well that does sound a bit familiar, now that you mention it.

Ashur
During the various periods of Assyrian conquest, such as the Assyrian Empire of Shamshi-Adad I (1813-1750 BC), Middle Assyrian Empire (1391-1056 BC) and Neo-Assyrian Empire (911-605 BC), the Assyrians did not require conquered peoples to take up the worship of Ashur; instead, Assyrian imperial propaganda declared that the conquered peoples had been abandoned by their gods.

When Assyria conquered Babylon in the Sargonid period (8th-7th centuries BC), Assyrian scribes began to write the name of Ashur with the cuneiform signs AN.SHAR, literally "whole heaven" in Akkadian, the language of Assyria and Babylonia. The intention seems to have been to put Ashur at the head of the Babylonian pantheon, where Anshar and his counterpart Kishar ("whole earth") preceded even Enlil and Ninlil.[3] Thus in the Sargonid version of the Enuma Elish, the Babylonian national creation myth, Marduk, the chief god of Babylon, does not appear, and instead it is Ashur, as Anshar, who slays Tiamat the chaos-monster and creates the world of humankind.[4]

So they really didn't borrow from Egypt as some think, because they already had a fairly rich Semitic theology.

I've been noticing a pattern of late. Just about every culture that I read up on in Wikipedia has "Sky Father" as head of the pantheon. Is it possible that considering Big Blue Himself as top god is a natural human religious response regardless of culture?
edit on 6-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hi pthena

You wrote

So they really didn't borrow from Egypt as some think, because they already had a fairly rich Semitic theology.

I've been noticing a pattern of late. Just about every culture that I read up on in Wikipedia has "Sky Father" as head of the pantheon.

Is it possible that considering Big Blue Himself as top god is a natural human religious response regardless of culture?

UNQUOTE

Sometimes reconstruction of ancient theologies is akin to trying to reconstruct a pig from the sausages - so many parts have been already pre-digested beyond any original recognition to make out a coherent 'articulated' animal.

Since eretz Yisroel (and their priests were the first ones to be taken away since they could read and write and work in metals, and hence 'foster rebellion') was invaded a number of times since Saul the King (Egypt, Aram/Syria, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece and finally Rome all left their religious markers on the local cults) it is clear that yes, the Israe'lites were heavily influenced by Egypt (the names of the Levitical leaders are all Egyptian cognates e.g. Mosheh ('son of' in Egyptian as in Ra-Mosheh i.e. Ramses) but also Assyria left its stamp as well (Ashera being the wife of Ashur had temples built to her until way into the 5th century BCE, and Babylon of course, but also Persia (from whence they derived the later dualistic ideas such as Shaitan v. YHWH i.e. the concept of Satan as an evil tempting agent, or the idea of the Resurrection of the Dead & Final Judgment (although Egypt had a personal Judgment Day for their people) or the belief in Angels etc.

In the Levant (esp from 2000 to 500 BCE) we are dealing mainly with city-states, each having their own pantheon of gods and goddesses, and when one city state attacks and/or intermarries with another one, the result is the intermingling of gods known as 'syncretism' (the gods Amon and Ra in Egypt were originally separate gods with separate temples and cults, but eventually they were joined into a single cult for political reasons and, voilla ! Amon-Ra was born. The priests of each cult had to adjust to the new situation if they wanted to survive...

In Eretz Yisro'el we have the older Phonecian Canaanite cult of EL (and ELOHIM) and related gods in Canaan (El-Shaddai, El-Elyon etc.) and the imported tent-dwelling desert god YHWH which cults were later joined into a single cult, YHWH-ELOHIM (translated in the KJV as 'The LORD God') over time.

Presumably each time one culture invades another, questions like 'what is the name YOU give to the god & goddess on top of YOUR Pantheon ?' will be inevitably asked.

And then it is up to the priestly leaders to sort out what names they will eventually use - often ending up as a composite double-barreled name like YHWH-Elohim or Amon-Ra or Wusir-Hapi (Osiris-Apis i.e. Serapis) etc.

Since priests back in those days in the levan were generally the only ones (virtually) that could read and write, they were the ones who had the power of changing the names of gods to fit new cultic usages, even behind the common people's backs (until they got used to the idea over time, that is !)

The idea of 'monotheism' (i.e. the belief in one god) often ran parallel in such cultures to 'monolatry' where you had one god on top (and all the other gods in the pantheon were considered 'less than' - hence 'I am YHWH you shall have no other clan gods before my faces (i.e. in the shrine) '

In the so-called Ten Commandments - the 1st commandment does not say

I AM YHWH there ARE NO OTHER GODS but me;

the law is stating something quite different : it is in effect stating:

"I AM YHWH I am to be on TOP of the pantheon above ALL OTHER GODS"

and we see this concept reflected in a number of psalms sung in the Israelite temples, e.g. Psalm 82 just to pick one at random

In no place does it say that other gods do NOT exist - it says EL-ELOHIM presides OVER the other gods

"EL presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the gods.

“The gods know nothing, they understand nothing.
They walk about in darkness;all the foundations of the earth are shaken.

“I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the El-Elyon.’
But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

In the so-called Ten Commandments - the 1st commandment does not say

I AM YHWH there ARE NO OTHER GODS but me;

the law is stating something quite different : it is in effect stating:

"I AM YHWH I am to be on TOP of the pantheon above ALL OTHER GODS"

I'm guessing that monotheism was concocted for the benefit of Cyrus the Great, or the people that the post-exile priests and prophets were forcing to rebuild the haunted ruins of Jerusalem.

see: www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join