It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible calls God Ehyeh (Yeh) not Yahweh! Jesus is Yehshua (Yeh saves or He Saves)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I would imagine, if the Lord spoke a language at all, God probably spoke a language that was not of this Earth, and so, God may have spoken to the Hebrew in Hebrew giving them the Hebrew equivalent of his name and not the actual spelling and pronunciation of it in the Lord's native tongue. If the authors of the Bible have misrepresented God's name, it may be no real loss as the Hebrew name might not have been God's actual name to begin with, but, an equivalent of it. In my opinion.

It is like the name Michael/Micheal.

Michael /ˈmaɪkəl/, also occasionally Micheal, is a given name that comes from the Hebrew: מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (Mīkhā'ēl, pronounced [miχaˈʔel]), derived from the question מי כאל mī kā'ēl) meaning "Who is like God?"[1] (literally, "Who is like El?). In English, it is sometimes shortened to Mike, Mikey, Mickey, or Mick. en.wikipedia.org...

If God's true name were Michael/Micheal and were pronounced ˈmaɪkəl the Hebrew would say
מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל‎ (Mīkhā'ēl) and pronounce it miχaˈʔel . They would be talking about God, but, the true name would be Michael/Micheal pronounced ˈmaɪkəl and not מִיכָאֵל / מיכאל (Mīkhā'ēl) pronounced miχaˈʔel. Even if others came along and called God: Mike, Mikey, Mickey, Mick or some other equivalent, they would still be talking about God, but, it would not be the Lord's true name.
edit on 2-6-2013 by PhyberDragon1 because: reworded

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Mind = BLOWN

Seriously deep stuff here. I would suggest the 2 representing the dual nature of physics. Also, there are 8 chakras and 13 sephiroths.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Its a bit more complicated. The hebrew old testament was originally written without vowel pointings. Consonants without vowel pointings. The word referring to god uses 4 consonants without vowels. The reader must not actually say the name of god while reading it out loud; different vowel pointings needed to be inserted so that god's name could be read but not actually uttered out loud. The phonetical word for god can be stated as jehovah, yahweh, or yehowah, depending on the vowel pointings. But let the reader understand that when u see the 4 consonants that refers to be god, u don't actually say it out loud. So, its a word not meant to be said, but only to be read. The 4 consonants refer to "i am" or "i will be" or " i will cause to be", depending on the vowel pointings. Entire semesters in doctoral class work are devoted to the correct translation and proper hermeunetics of the actual letters which refer to god or the name of god. A translation that uses yahweh or jehovah isnt actually incorrect, just not complete.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by current93
reply to post by Rex282

Its good to get a pleasant discussion on religion, but we will have to differ on the power of the ineffable name lol, the rabbi's really did believe that to utter the tetragrammaton correctly would end the universe and all creation. It wasn't so much magic more the resonant frequency of creation...to put a modern slant on it.

There is so much tied up in the 'names of power' and their gematrial values. Its a shame that SuperString theory looks to be falling by the way side, as the vibrational resonance and dimensional projections do tie in perfectly with the sacred names (vibration) and their supposed powers.

Yes I agree this does have a connection to resonant frequency(light and sound waves) which also ties very closely to Teslas greatest discoveries.However they can't be wielded by man only received.If there is a reason to not utter Yahwehs name it is because only Yahweh can "utter" it in Truth.In essence only an "I" can say "I Will Be What I Will Be" and it be Truth.The Gnostics,Kabbalahist , numerologist etc...are all seeking from the wrong end.It isn't "hidden" power to be wielded or knowledge to transcend to a higher plain of existence..it IS what it IS...The Truth....for ALL(eventually) not just the few.

My point is the mysticism is where religion(everything is religion) has "really"gone off the rails and separated man further from Yahweh and yet I believe this is all a part of the salvation process.The foundation stone is in the parable of the soils and the seed.

The "many are called"(the soils..everyone) are the religious.The seed(the living word of Yahweh..Yahoshua) is sown into the soil.The wayside, rocky,thistles and thorns soil will not produce a fruit bearing tree (The Tree of Life)because it is infertile(imperfect..which is the definition of sin)..Religion makes the infertile soils fertile because it is fertilizer...and that's ALL fertilizer(religion) is good for because it is just dung.(religion -religion being the dungiest)Yahweh uses ALL things according to his purposes....which is the deliverance of creation from the realm of death.

Hidden in plain sight of this "key parable"(Yahoshua said unless you understand this parable how can you understand any parable)is the base equation of everything.It is the "key" because it is the equation of salvation(how everything grows)The culmination of the parable is the good tree produces good fruit that is multiplied 30,60,100 fold......and of course.... it is the Fibonacci sequence hidden in plain sight!!!(if you want to see it I'll post it)..

edit on 2-6-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rex282

Names are very significant.A name is the nature of the thing or person named.
God told Moses his name was
אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה

Ehyeh asher ehyeh

which literally translates as "I Will Be What I Will Be"..referred more commonly as "I AM That I AM" or the tetragrammaton YHWH...(YaHWeH)

I am not writing this to try to convince anyone.These are facts..the Truth of numbers.

The Old Covenant(The Law and The Prophets) was written in Hebrew which is an alphanumeric language.The letters of Gods name sum to 543.
Jesus in Hebrew is Yahoshua or Yahshua meaning ..Yahweh is salvation.Moses is the "savior" of Israel.His name(מֹשֶׁה) sums to 345..the mirror number of 543.

543+345=888
-------------------------------------
The New Testament was written in Greek which is also an alphanumeric language.

In Greek
Jesus=Iesous=Ἰησοῦς
Christ=christos= Χριστός

Ἰησοῦς=888
Χριστός=1480

Iesous+christos
888+1480=2368

2368/2=1184

These numbers are the Pythagorean triangle

a²+b²=c²
3²+4²=5²
888²+1184²=1480²

and lastly(and this is just the tip of an atom of all the equations).These numbers sum in the most significant number sequence The Fibonacci numbers(Fn)

888/296=5
1480/296=8
2368/296=13
Fn5=5
Fn6=8
Fn7=13

Now, that is a very interesting post
the bug there as I see it though is this:
The actual reeds and basket cartouche belongs to Sargon the great who was the abandoned child in the basket in the reeds who was adopted by the queen ( your virgin birth) and who latter became king...
This occurred long before christianity

one might find this book very interesting when it come to origins of certain words and concepts that were written in stone back in the day...
books.google.ca...=onepage&q&f=false

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
God doesn't care about outward superficial things (pronunciation) He looks on the heart (soul) of a person, so call Him what you want, but He will know if you are mocking Him, He will even know if you are in a cult, but He will overlook such things if you know not.

I was literally asked the other month what my religion was concerning a document which would have been accessible by the government, I could have replied with a simple answer, or even with it's none of their business, but I decided to answer with "My religion is the religion of the Creator of the Universe". I'd like to see what they wrote down on that document. I really just dislike the classification, sorting, putting everyone in boxes only to put them on a mail order list to spam them with who knows what, especially based on the IRS scandal. One's religion is really one's own business.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

What are your thoughts concerning the tetragrammaton, the kabbalah, and the 64 tetrahedron?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
reply to post by arpgme

Its a bit more complicated. The hebrew old testament was originally written without vowel pointings. Consonants without vowel pointings. The word referring to god uses 4 consonants without vowels. The reader must not actually say the name of god while reading it out loud; different vowel pointings needed to be inserted so that god's name could be read but not actually uttered out loud. The phonetical word for god can be stated as jehovah, yahweh, or yehowah, depending on the vowel pointings. But let the reader understand that when u see the 4 consonants that refers to be god, u don't actually say it out loud. So, its a word not meant to be said, but only to be read. The 4 consonants refer to "i am" or "i will be" or " i will cause to be", depending on the vowel pointings. Entire semesters in doctoral class work are devoted to the correct translation and proper hermeunetics of the actual letters which refer to god or the name of god. A translation that uses yahweh or jehovah isnt actually incorrect, just not complete.

Funny, the whole Egyptian language is written sans vowels...one has to interpolate them, so the "name of god" is NOT a special case..
Also, according to the hiroglyphic languages of the day ( Used in Sumer Egypt and India ) "our Lord Amen" is but one epithet refering to Menes the first king of the united upper and lower Egypt, who was also known as king Minos of Crete and check this: "Manitu tu" in India...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by arpgme

Either way, you are still worshiping Satan by worshiping Yahweh or Ehyeh or whatever you want to call the genocidal ego maniac.

Same entity. See sig.

Hello Lion.

I don't worship man.

Man (not God) is a "genocidal ego maniac"

Now if God kills a million other Gods, then he can qualify as being "genocidal".

I really do like Lions...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher
EhYah = EA/A'ah = ENKI = Lord of the Sweet Waters, or symbol of the astrological age: Pisces

One problem with that theory, or hyptheosis. No one knows how to pronounce EA's name, Sumerian hasn't been spoken in 4000 years at least. No way to know how to pronounce any of those names. You could be making that stuff up. Buuuut, you probably read some of Zechariah Sitchins books and believed every word of it.

The name Ea is Akkadian, as he is known EN.KI in Sumerian - the Akkadian pronunciation is (ā'ä). Yahweh, as the Bible describes him, is a composite character of the behaviour of Prometheus/Zeus or EN.KI/EN.LIL

Siva and Jah would fit the role of EA as well; the benevolent geneticist/creator. Comparative theology and cosmology requires that one study all civilizations to an extent which one may discourse openly about any subject included, and can not be limited to one or two mythos and expect to understand the development of
Mankind.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Enki / Ea is NOT Yahweh/God.

Enki means "God of Earth" - Who did Jesus say the God of this world is? Satan.

Enki is a "Serpent God" - Who else do we know that is a serpent? Satan.

Enki told humans to eat a certain food to acquire wisdom and be like the gods... Who else did this? Satan.

Enki was creating offspring with the humans to make them like gods. Who else did this? Satan (Nephelim).

One thing that is interesting though, is that NEITHER Enki (Satan) NOR
Enlil (God of Christians and Jews who caused "The Great Flood") are the HIGHEST God (Anu). Anu created BOTH of these gods and these two gods went against each other both claiming to be better than the other.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Enki means "God of Earth" - Who did Jesus say the God of this world is? Satan.

More propaganda. Do your god blessed research next time instead of regurgitating your spoon fed dogma., The serpent started out as a symbol of rebirth and wisdom. Satan himself is based on Baphomet and Pan, the gods of fertility and wisdom. All of this was done in order to obscure the true nature of Christianity's birth.

Do your mother loving research, people. I'm tired of you just saying, "Meh! Someone did it for me. I'll assume they did it right."

Enki told humans to eat a certain food to acquire wisdom and be like the gods... Who else did this? Satan.

Enki was creating offspring with the humans to make them like gods. Who else did this? Satan (Nephelim).

Oh, did Satan tell you all this himself? No? Who did you get it from again? Oh, that's right, GOD. Let's consider the possibilities here, eh?

Has it ever occurred to anyone that:

1. Perhaps Satan and God are bound by rules similar to the prime directive of the Star Fleet Command in Star Trek.

2. Satan, being the evil one, had no qualms about breaking the rules - in the process, painting himself as his counterpart and God as the one with the corrupt nature.

3. God, in keeping with his rules, is unwilling to directly violate the code in order to correct the damage inflicted by Satan's deception and instead sends messengers to spread the truth in the form of "false prophets".

4. Satan would want to encourage ignorance and division in order to ensure conquest, while God would understand exactly how we work and would encourage us to make mistakes in order to learn to fly.

5. One of the two has never been able to tell his story from his own mouth. Out of the two, who is most likely to fear the word of the other? And therefore, who is most likely to place all the attention on himself in order to limit opportunity for competition?

6. One of the two is a fine liar, but the thing about lies is, words and actions are set apart by their meaning. One may claim to tell the truth, but the truth is in how they act. One of the two has made promises in exchange for power; one of the two has demonstrated love through cruelty; one of the two has painted obeisance as humility; one of the two has inconsistently demonstrated their priorities, as one would when balancing agendas - one for appearance, one for profit.

Psychology at its finest. Just something I wanted to throw out there.

I could make a fine case for Satan being the god you worship, and Yahweh being the god you despise.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I am of the same mindset as you.

Little bits of information on the subject.

Reptilian humanoids in world mythology include:
Male

Boreas (Aquilon to the Romans): the Greek god of the cold north wind, described by Pausanias as a winged man with serpents instead of legs.
Cecrops I: the mythical first King of Athens was half man, half snake
Dragon Kings: creatures from Chinese mythology sometimes depicted as reptilian humanoids
Fu Xi: serpentine founding figure from Chinese mythology
Glycon: a snake god who had the head of a man.
Ningizzida, Lord of the Tree of Life, mentioned in the Epic of Gilgamesh and linked to the water serpent constellation Hydra.
Shenlong: a Chinese dragon thunder god, depicted with a human head and a dragon's body
Sobek: Ancient Egyptian crocodile-headed god
Tlaloc: Aztec god depicted as a man with snake fangs
Typhon, the "father of all monsters" in Greek mythology, was a man from the waist up, and a mass of seething vipers from the waist down.
Zahhak, a figure from Zoroastrian mythology who, in Ferdowsi's epic Shahnameh, grows a serpent on either shoulder

Female

Echidna, the wife of Typhon in Greek mythology, was half woman, half snake.
Enchanted Moura from Portuguese and Galician folklore appears as a snake with long blonde hair.
The Gorgons: Sisters in Greek mythology who had serpents for hair.
The Lamia: a child-devouring female demon from Greek mythology depicted as half woman, half serpent.
Nüwa: serpentine founding figure from Chinese mythology
Wadjet pre-dynastic snake goddess of Lower Egypt - sometimes depicted as half snake, half woman
The White Snake: a figure from Chinese folklore

Either

Some djinn in Islamic mythology are described as alternating between human and serpentine forms.
Nāga (Devanagari: नाग): reptilian beings from Hindu mythology said to live underground and interact with human beings on the surface.
The Serpent: a character from the Genesis creation narrative occasionally depicted with legs, and sometimes identified with Satan, though its representations have been both male and female.
en.wikipedia.org...

I found this of interest in particular.

Lemurian's, reptilian humanoids in the writings of Helena Blavatsky
This would explain quite a bit considering the civilization existed over a million years ago.

Why does it seem humanity was so preoccupied with serpents, reptiles, as deities, as gods? So where does that leave us today?

I, unlike some here at ATS, do not believe their can be a "Benevolent" reptilian, towards humanity. In my mind it is not possible because of DNA. You can not change the stripes of a tiger nor make a crocodile a baby sitter. Sure, you can have a farmer who loves his heard, but one day the heard is going to take a one way ride to the "stock market". I don't know why, but when I see that word the name "Rothschild" comes to mind.

Undoubtedly there are people on earth now that have given their allegiance to this unseen,ancient force, and to them I wonder if they know who and what they actually serve.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

That doesn't look like very well-rounded research.

The serpent, or snake, is one of the oldest and most widespread mythological symbols. The word is derived from Latin serpens, a crawling animal or snake. Snakes have been associated with some of the oldest rituals known to humankind[1] and represent dual expression[2] of good and evil.[3]

In some cultures snakes were fertility symbols, for example the Hopi people of North America performed an annual snake dance to celebrate the union of Snake Youth (a Sky spirit) and Snake Girl (an Underworld spirit) and to renew fertility of Nature. During the dance, live snakes were handled and at the end of the dance the snakes were released into the fields to guarantee good crops. "The snake dance is a prayer to the spirits of the clouds, the thunder and the lightning, that the rain may fall on the growing crops.."[4] In other cultures snakes symbolized the umbilical cord, joining all humans to Mother Earth. The Great Goddess often had snakes as her familiars - sometimes twining around her sacred staff, as in ancient Crete - and they were worshiped as guardians of her mysteries of birth and regeneration.[5]

That's Wikipedia.

Serpents and Snakes as Symbols. In religion, mythology, and literature, serpents and snakes often stand for fertility or a creative life force—partly because the creatures can be seen as symbols of the male sex organ. They have also been associated with water and earth because many kinds of snakes live in the water or in holes in the ground. The ancient Chinese connected serpents with life-giving rain. Traditional beliefs in Australia, India, North America, and Africa have linked snakes with rainbows, which in turn are often related to rain and fertility.

As snakes grow, many of them shed their skin at various times, revealing a shiny new skin underneath. For this reason snakes have become symbols of rebirth, transformation, immortality, and healing. The ancient Greeks considered snakes sacred to Asclepius, the god of medicine. He carried a caduceus, a staff with one or two serpents wrapped around it, which has become the symbol of modern physicians.

For both the Greeks and the Egyptians, the snake represented eternity. Ouroboros, the Greek symbol of eternity, consisted of a snake curled into a circle or hoop, biting its own tail. The Ouroboros grew out of the belief that serpents eat themselves and are reborn from themselves in an endless cycle of destruction and creation.

www.mythencyclopedia.com...

Snakes in mythology are often representative of life, fertility, and a strong connection to the Earth. Some cultures, for instance, believed that snakes served as guardians and messengers from the underworld because they lived in the ground. Some African and Australian creation stories involve a great serpent as a creator figure or at least as a powerful water God. Greek and Egyptian myths also include stories of a snake existing before the Earth and having an important role in the Earth's creation. Snakes in mythology are also sometimes used to represent immortality or wisdom and are often closely related to water.

www.wisegeek.com...

There. Now you have the full story. Nice try, "All Seeing Eye", but I'm here to deny your ignorance. Also, Helena Blavatsky? Oh, please. Did you know she wasn't Christian? Indeed, had she been among the puritans, they would have burned her. Please tell me you're not taking your information from the exact same kind of characters you are attempting to defame.
edit on 3-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I also found what Jordan Maxwell has to say about Enki and the Sun Gods.

Jeff Rense & Jordan Maxwell - The Whole Human Race Is Under Arrest

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Please tell me you're not taking your information from the exact same kind of characters you are attempting to defame.
Thank you for your interest in my post.

I take information from where ever I can get it. I'm a equal opportunity researcher, in that respect, I play no favorites

That doesn't look like very well-rounded research.
well, obviously lol lol Well rounded would be a book about 10,000 pages long. As I said, "Little bits of information on the subject." Deny what you wish, it matters not to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

well, obviously lol lol Well rounded would be a book about 10,000 pages long. As I said, "Little bits of information on the subject." Deny what you wish, it matters not to me.

Your research displayed a large degree of bias, as not a single one of your quotes mentioned any of the history that I posted. That's some deliberate hit and miss right there.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Your research displayed a large degree of bias, as not a single one of your quotes mentioned any of the history that I posted. That's some deliberate hit and miss right there.

In bias do you mean, Christian mind set? Or bias in that I did not represent the main steam point of view that history is nothing but myth? in as far as the history you posted, I do not go around and read (stalk) other members posts. In fact I like to reflect on subject matter before reading anyone else's input.

Unlike you, I am not here with a agenda of judging and condemning.

Nice try, "All Seeing Eye", but I'm here to deny your ignorance.
You have stated your position, I presume, and I presume, people have considered it, as they are free to consider anything I share. I will not force them to accept or reject it, its up to the reader.

I personally believe "virtually" all of mythology is based in some long lost fact that has been warped and perverted out of reality, unintentionally, or intentionally. I am quite beyond the "Its just mythology" mindset.

You might deny ignorance, I defy it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The names 1 can see how many can get distracted with them... It is odd to read also the who saved sapiens sapiens from flood conditions and taught, turned out to be labeled the beast? LORD is this related to crusades generating output data...

interesting OP arpgme, 1 tries not to get mixed up in names and observes or Watches for the attributed energies related to many sent here interdimentionally or allowed their vessels to be driven by Higher beings.

arpgme ever consider what Inanna and Marduk would be labeled today

en.wikipedia.org...

Inanna's name derives from Queen of Heaven (Sumerian: nin-anna). The Cuneiform sign of Inanna (Cuneiform: 𒈹); however, is not a ligature of the signs lady (Sumerian: nin; Cuniform: 𒊩𒌆 SAL.TUG2) and sky (Sumerian: an; Cuneiform: 𒀭 AN).[3] These difficulties have led some early Assyriologists to suggest that originally Inanna may have been a Proto-Euphratean goddess, possibly related to the Hurrian mother goddess Hannahannah, accepted only latterly into the Sumerian pantheon, an idea supported by her youthfulness, and that, unlike the other Sumerian divinities, at first she had no sphere of responsibilities[4] The view that there was a Proto-Euphratean substrate language in Southern Iraq before Sumerian is not widely accepted by modern Assyriologists.[5]

Marduk (who would become the god of the Babylonians) was Enki’s first born, and that of Enki’s wife, the goddess Damkina. Enki’s other wife was his half-sister, Nin-khursag (meaning “Mountain Queen”), the Lady of Life, also known as Nin-mah, the Great Lady.

Enlil was also espoused to Nin-khursag and their son was Ninurta (Ningirsu), the Mighty Hunter. By another wife, Ninlil (Sud), Enlil had a second son, Nanna (Suen), known as the Bright One. Nanna and his wife, Ningal, were the parents of Inanna (who was called Ishtar by the Babylonians), and who married the Shepherd King Dumu-zi (the latter given in the Semitic Old Testament book of Ezekiel 8:14 as Tammuz).

Another son of Enlil and Ninlil was Nergal (Meslamtaea), King of the Underworld. He married Eresh-kigal, the Queen of the Netherworld, the daughter of Nanna and Ningal (i.e. Inanna’s sister), and the mother of Lilith (who became handmaiden to Inanna, her maternal aunt). Lilith is also notorious as the first wife of Adam, but it was Lilith who rejected him (and thus incurred the wrath of every reject-worthy male on the planet).

By some accounts, Inanna was also the granddaughter of Enki (as well as Enlil). This strange situation was critical in Inanna’s classic tale of her Descent into the Underworld. (I.e. Enlil turned a blind eye, while Enki saved Inanna’s lovely little fanny.) Even more crucial to the plot was the fact that Inanna was also a favorite of the supreme Anu. Thus she was never, never at a loss as to what she thought she could do and get away with. Her story has been well told two books by Susan Ferguson: Inanna Returns and Inanna, Hyperluminal. (Ms. Ferguson does include Enki’s son, Marduk, as the bad guy, but on the other hand, keeps Enki as a favorite. She can do that. It’s her books.)

en.wikipedia.org...

Marduk's original character is obscure but he was later on connected with water, vegetation, judgment, and magic.[4] He was also regarded as the son of Ea[5] (Sumerian Enki) and Damkina[6] and the heir of Anu, but whatever special traits Marduk may have had were overshadowed by the political development through which the Euphrates valley passed and which led to people of the time imbuing him with traits belonging to gods who in an earlier period were recognized as the heads of the pantheon.[7] There are particularly two gods—Ea and Enlil—whose powers and attributes pass over to Marduk.

In the case of Ea, the transfer proceeded pacifically and without effacing the older god. Marduk took over the identity of Asarluhi, the son of Ea and god of magic, so that Marduk was integrated in the pantheon of Eridu where both Ea and Asarluhi originally came from. Father Ea voluntarily recognized the superiority of the son and hands over to him the control of humanity. This association of Marduk and Ea, while indicating primarily the passing of the supremacy once enjoyed by Eridu to Babylon as a religious and political centre, may also reflect an early dependence of Babylon upon Eridu, not necessarily of a political character but, in view of the spread of culture in the Euphrates valley from the south to the north, the recognition of Eridu as the older centre on the part of the younger one.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 6/3/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Now if God kills a million other Gods, then he can qualify as being "genocidal".

That's not the definition of genocide. I hate it when people redefine words according to how they feel those words should be used. Pick up a dictionary or stop talking, you are a bad influence on the vocabulary of the forum.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join