It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible calls God Ehyeh (Yeh) not Yahweh! Jesus is Yehshua (Yeh saves or He Saves)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Most Bibles have it translated that God's name is "I am that I am", this sounds strange in Modern English.

"asher" means "that, which, who, what".

Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh in Modern English should be "I am who I am" or "Yeh" (Being).

Jesus's name is Yehshu (Iesous) or YeshuA.

So, how did people mistakenly think "Yah" is the name of God when The Bible does not say this as the name given to Moses?

People say "Halleluyah" which means "Praise Yahweh" but shouldn't it be "Halleluyeh" which would mean praise "I AM" (The name of God given)?

Yeh also represents Jesus so those who say God and Jesus is one in the same - their names are connected by "Yeh" where as Yahweh starts with (Yah) and Jesus starts with (Yeh - Yehshua).

"I AM" is ultimate truth. It is probably the only thing we can know with absolute certainty. How can the fact that "I AM" be uncertain? If I did not exist then there would be no ME to have thoughts about whether or not I exist...

People think "I AM" is bad. Some say they felt darkness but maybe that darkness is what created light. Remember in the beginning there was darkness, void, and water and then finally Elohim (Translated as God) said "Let there be light".

Everybody and Everything is "I AM".

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

When the deity of the Old testament was asked his name, he replied "I am who I am", or as I translate it, "None of your business!"

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Maybe "I AM" didn't have a name because it wasn't needed. How can the essence of "BEING" (I AM) be named with anything more than that?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Or maybe it means "I don't actually exist"

"I am that I am"...am in this case, is alluding to the word "nothing"
edit on 2-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Are you not who you are?

Do you not exist?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How can the essence of "BEING" (I AM) be named with anything more than that?

How about "DOING", claiming what has been done?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Are you not who you are?

Do you not exist?

I do exist
I am that Danbones

ps starandflag for conversations sake

so, thats who is behind "I am's" pet foods.....hmmmm hell of a marketing gimmick...all DOGs go to heaven

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Are you not who you are?

Do you not exist?

Sorry I can't resist!

I yam what I yam. And that's all what I yam. I'm Popeye the sailor man.

Be glad I didn't embed the YouTube cartoon.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Everybody is "I AM". We say "YOU ARE" from our perspective but from theirs it is just "I AM'. Awareness/consciousness is just saying "I AM".

I am interacting with I.

I AM - not we are - we are all "I" from our own perspective.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
All names are wrong, as the name of God is unutterable, and would cause the entire firmament and cosmos to come to an abrupt end. Hence the name is given as YHVH ...Yaweh, Jehovah etc are derived from this. Sometimes its not the name that is important , but the value of that name.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Some of my friends kids when they were really little, would mispronounce my name.

I knew that they were addressing me.

I appreciated there efforts in trying to use my name.

It's funny the way that names work. You say a name and it makes you think of that person and there qualities.

Sometimes when people are mad at someone, or want to take credit for their work or ideas...........

They do not use that persons name at all...........................

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

so, thats who is behind "I am's" pet foods.....hmmmm hell of a marketing gimmick...all DOGs go to heaven

As Festus would say:

Dog-god darn it Dan you get so demented sometimes, I can't teven tell if you're a come'n at me walk'in backwards
or a go'in away walk'n forwards.

edit on 2-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The true essence of everything is "I AM".

'I AM' is a state of conscious awareness that transcends time, space, and names.

When we say, "I am a mathematician", this creates a prison. We are then forced to take up the role of a mathematician, and expected to act and think as a mathematician. Whatever we say that we are, it becomes our prison.

'I AM' is a state of freedom, stripping away all superficialities to reveal the pure essence of being.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow
The true essence of everything is "I AM".

'I AM' is a state of conscious awareness that transcends time, space, and names.

When we say, "I am a mathematician", this creates a prison. We are then forced to take up the role of a mathematician, and expected to act and think as a mathematician. Whatever we say that we are, it becomes our prison.

'I AM' is a state of freedom, stripping away all superficialities to reveal the pure essence of being.

But did God not say "Thou Art" as hesheit brought all into creation ? No thing can exist without a name, and to know its true name is to know its power, and its creation and also its destruction.

Mathematician is a good analogy mate...the Grand Architect who created all with its name (vibration/music/mathematical equation/fractal.)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by arpgme

When the deity of the Old testament was asked his name, he replied "I am who I am", or as I translate it, "None of your business!"
Which in itself, is a form of disrespect.
Second....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by current93

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
- Shakespeare, Rome and Juliet

Names and labels are a thing of semantics. Remove the name and its essence still remains.

There is no power in a name or a label, because things still exist regardless if they are named or not.

To get to the real "power" of anything is to understand it. Understand its nature. That is power.

When we name a thing, we only blur its true essence with a delusional covering of words, concepts, definitions, rationalizations, and imposed meanings. There are no amount of words that can 100% completely and utterly contain all the information of something as simple as an apple, nor can words ever capture its essence. I can detail an apple's color, taste, and scent, but no matter how many names, words, or explanations we use, an apple will forever be a mystery unless it is experienced by taste, smell, touch, and perception.

When we name, define, or explain something,... we lose its essence and only focus on the name, definition, and explanation itself.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Either way, you are still worshiping Satan by worshiping Yahweh or Ehyeh or whatever you want to call the genocidal ego maniac.

Same entity. See sig.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kgnow
reply to post by current93

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
- Shakespeare, Rome and Juliet

Names and labels are a thing of semantics. Remove the name and its essence still remains.

There is no power in a name or a label, because things still exist regardless if they are named or not.

To get to the real "power" of anything is to understand it. Understand its nature. That is power.

When we name a thing, we only blur its true essence with a delusional covering of words, concepts, definitions, rationalizations, and imposed meanings. There are no amount of words that can 100% completely and utterly contain all the information of something as simple as an apple, nor can words ever capture its essence. I can detail an apple's color, taste, and scent, but no matter how many names, words, or explanations we use, an apple will forever be a mystery unless it is experienced by taste, smell, touch, and perception.

When we name, define, or explain something,... we lose its essence and only focus on the name, definition, and explanation itself.

Peace.

There is a difference between when 'we name something in our common tongues, and when the God-head calls being into existence by the calling forth of its 'secret name'. To know that secret name is to have power over it. As you rightly say, is to know it and understand it completely.

In the science of acoustics, when an object is vibrated at its own resonance frequency, the object can shatter...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well spotted. Still doesn't tell us who or what he is.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So arguably, we are of the same essence as your god, but we are simply unrealized in the same sense that an infant doesn't instantly recognize its potential to win a nobel through a journey it has not yet embarked on. We are the seeds of the first great oak, perhaps destined to one day take its place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join