It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it's come to this! (NHL's final four)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
We're down to the wire, folks! Each of the remaining teams each have earned Lord Stanley's Cup in the last 4 years.

LA Kings (2012)

Boston Bruins (2011)

Chicago Blackhawks (2010)

Pittsburg Penguins (2009)

Chicago won game 1 over LA and Boston put Pittsburg to shame in a 3-0 shutout!

Although my Kings won by some divine miracle last season, I believe they will be extremely hard-pressed to win the series over the Hawks who had an amazing year!

Place your bets! I personally think Chicago is going for another cup this time.

Here is the schedule for the final round of NHL playoffs:
www.nhl.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Anybody but the bruins.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

That's how I feel about the San Jose Sharks. Anybody but them! Luckily, LA took down the sharks in game 7 of the previous round. I'm happy with that
even if LA chokes against Chicago.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well Chicago beat my Redwings so two schools of thought on that....
1: like to see Chicago beat or really
2: like to the Blackhawks take it because they beat my wings....because if anybody can beat he wings they better take the cup

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Seeing we have the only league with two sets of rules, regular season and playoffs, I have to go with a Boston-L.A. final.

Both won with playoff level grit and unconscious goaltending.

Chicago kind of reminds me of the Canucks of the last few years. Two president's cup winning teams without the grit to last through and win it all. Goaltending isn't as strong either in Chicago. Pittsburg? Closer to Chicago and the Canucks of a couple years ago than they are to a Boston or L.A.

L.A. wins it all as they easily have the best goaltending to go with their grit.

Hmm, I probably just jinxed the Kings! LOL
edit on 2-6-2013 by nwtrucker because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

They had their chance! The Wings had the Hawks against the ropes with a 3-1 lead! How they ended up losing the series is beyond me!

It's hard not to cheer for the Red Wings, but I'm not a fan--they're just too likable, you know?

edit on 2-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nwtrucker
L.A. wins it all as they easily have the best goaltending to go with their grit.

Yeah, but their top line sucks. They're being carried by Justin Williams and Jeff Carter. Who else is putting up regular goals? No one, that's who. Not to mention LA's embarrassing powerplay.

They have the defense sure, but that doesn't do much good when they're not scoring goals. Quick will eventually let 'em through.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nice to have a sports thread for a change.

I pose a question...what was the best team in your opinion?....
I am Red Wings fan, easy team to root for, Michigan native ,But also a Detroit Lions fan,not so easy to love.

The wings with Yzerman and Federov and the rest of the red army is my pick

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

True. Yet Boston shut down "the" top line in the league last night, in their own house yet! Chicago's big guns aren't producing either.

Top teams can shut down top lines, especially with playoff officiating. Just ask the Sedins.LOL.

It's the Carters of the world that move up and make the difference. Don't get me wrong, L.A. has it's issues, but so does everyone else.

At the end of the day defense/goaltending wins championships .

that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! LMAO.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Personally, I give your team the second best...maybe third after the Oilers. First, for me, and I'm guilty of bias on this one too, is the Flying Frenchmen in the 70's. Lafluer, both Mahovliches, Robinson, Gainey, Cournoyer, Shutt, Lapoint...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hmm, I probably just jinxed the Kings! LOL

I ... think you did. I think you did.

It looks pretty much like a shut out win for game 2 in the west final series for Chicago...
And Quick goal-tended so well yesterday...
This makes for a sad Schmi.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
LOL, that figures, I've been a Minnesota Viking fan for almost 50 years and a Vancouver Canuck fan for 40 years.

All I have to show for it is high blood pressure.....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

What did I tell ya? I know my team. Quick sits down with 4 unanswered goals midway through the 2nd. Bernier is capable between the pipes though
...Quick is really the one who makes me nervous. You can just never tell when he's going to have an off night.

Kings kept it close the first game. If there's one thing the Kings can be counted on for, it's keeping it close. It'll be interesting to see how they do back on home ice. I think they're still in this! (They just need to quit with the high position dump-and-chase. They never seem to be able to make a play with this strategy. I would like to see more forwards down low.)
edit on 2-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Chic ago..they deserve it....me wing fan...we will raise Probert to kick some priorities

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Kings finally got one back to make the score 2-1 with Chicago still in the lead. Boston holds a 2-0 over Pittsburg.

new topics

top topics

join