It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ape-like feet 'found in one in 13 humans'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Scientists have discovered that about one in thirteen people have flexible ape-like feet.

A team studied the feet of 398 visitors to the Boston Museum of Science. The results show differences in foot bone structure similar to those seen in fossils of a member of the human lineage from two million years ago.

Dr DeSilva told BBC News how we might be able to observe whether we have this flexibility: "The best way to see this is if you're walking on the beach and leaving footprints, the middle portion of your footprint would have a big ridge that might show your foot is actually folding in that area."

I am pretty sure that I have the ape-like feet because they freak my partner out, he calls them hand-feet

anyway here is a link to the full article, interesting stuff.

Link

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

so this explains why i like to scratch my head with my feet, but it doesnt explain why my nails are shaped like eagle claws

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

My husband always teases me because I have absolute 'knuckles' on my feet above my toes!! We joke that if I lose my hands, my feet would easily take over!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

maybe we should start a cult?
flexible apefeet here also,,,
wery "handy" when walking about bare-foot...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
And 1 in 6 people display ape like behavior .... well that's my experience anyway

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Funny. I have been told I have Hobbit feet because the tops are hairy but ape fits much better. Almost everyone in my family for multiple generations are able to pick up, throw, pinch and otherwise manipulate items deftly with our feet. This makes sense now.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
OMG Evolution has no evidence behind it!

Haha couldn't resist. Good post!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
OMG Evolution has no evidence behind it!

Haha couldn't resist. Good post!

ROFLMFAO

"Hey, Evolution!...Pics or it didn't happen!"

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I guess this is why my friends are always calling me silver back and giving me bananas to eat all the time. No, I'm messing around. But thanks for the 411 OP!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
weknowmemes.com...

Apparently, you can learn about your ancestry from your toes too...go figure, LOL. Which are you...Egyptian, Roman, Greek, Germanic, or Celtic? I don't have ape-like feet but my toes indicate Egyptian roots in my background.

I guess if you're one of the people with ape-like feet, you can use this chart to figure out what area of the world your ape ancestors were from?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

It looks like I'm Greek. Which is funny because I do have Greek in me. But talk about the Celtic toes on there.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That's interesting. My recent heritage is Irish / German / English / Welsh. I'd imagine that counts as Celtic, but I have the Greek foot. I wonder if it's actually a mix of Egyptian and Celtic. I have to check with my siblings.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have celtic heritage but I have never seen celtic toes like that!
God they look awful lol. Mine mostly look like the egyptian ones.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

It looks like I'm Greek. Which is funny because I do have Greek in me. But talk about the Celtic toes on there.

Wow, so it's accurate! Yeah, those Celtic toes just make me think of hobbits, LOL.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

That's interesting. My recent heritage is Irish / German / English / Welsh. I'd imagine that counts as Celtic, but I have the Greek foot. I wonder if it's actually a mix of Egyptian and Celtic. I have to check with my siblings.

I figure you have to factor in marriage between Romans, Greeks, Germanics (? LOL), and Celts to get a fairly accurate mixture of bone structures to correctly represent many people with European heritage. I'd definitely choose having the Greek foot instead of the Celtic foot so I think you lucked out! LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha

I have celtic heritage but I have never seen celtic toes like that!
God they look awful lol. Mine mostly look like the egyptian ones.

LOL, I know! I saw the Celtic toes and I thought "Did they mislabel Hobbit as Celtic?!"
I have a good bit of Celtic heritage as well but my toes pretty much look like the Egyptian ones too...not with such an exaggerated slope but a slope nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is kind of strange. They just found out that some people have different type feet than others. You would think that this would have been discovered over a hundred years ago. This shows us how little the experts really know about our bodies. This shows us how unaware that those with degrees are, following the writings of long ago and not opening their eyes and looking. At least there are a few people seeing these things now instead of saying everyone is the same. Not two people in this world are the same.

It is like the health industry saying their are 22 necessary amino acids that we cannot create, that is a falsity. Everyone is different, some people may need to consume thirty while others only need ten. You see, we have millions of microbes living in us and these microbes vary widely in all of us. We help them and they help us.

I wonder if this difference in feet is related to bloodtype? It's a logical question I think.

I have the Greek feet? A Finn with Greek feet.....Fenugreek

edit on 2-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

LOL! I guess since you're a Finn with Greek feet, Fenugreek is the only logical thing to call you.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888

Originally posted by rickymouse

LOL! I guess since you're a Finn with Greek feet, Fenugreek is the only logical thing to call you.

They spelled Fenugreek wrong when they invented the word...Should have been Finnugreek.
I wonder how I go about getting that plant renamed?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
English/German/Irish ancestors, but I have very Egyptian feet. I'll bet there was a swarthy mailman in there somewhere.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join