It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama made secret deal to support Hillary in 2016?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Nawww... In fact I think I'm going to drop this little off topic journey anyway.

We're bickering over nonsense when in reality, both Obama and Romney were about getting this nation to the same bad outcome, regardless. One would have gone a scenic route (Romney) and made us feel good and even a little wealthy on our way down. Obama is taking the express train down and doesn't much care if we like the trip or not.

In the end, neither will or would have ended differently. Heck... to be totally honest, the die was cast before either man ran for office anyway. We're seeing the end games of a very long set of actions play out which began, for the most part, before any of us were born.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wait...a Democrat is going to support a Democrat?

No Wai!

You Don't Say?!!

and every other captain obvious meme ever in existence.

As far as backroom deals..Hillary lost..she had no bargaining chip to put in, but -wings always stick together at the end of the day. Hillary was popular enough, so no doubt there was some extra handshaking going on after the initials were done.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Sankari

You do realize Romney was the Governor of Massachusetts, right?

Pfft. Governor of a tiny little state on the north-east coast for one single term!? Yeah, real great political experience there. LOL.

A good president needs Senate experience. He needs respect on Capitol Hill (and no, I'm not talking Seattle!
) Romney had neither.

What precisely is wrong with a President being successful in life, anyway?

Absolutely nothing, and I never said it was. But it's not enough.

You need to stop attacking straw men and start addressing the issues.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think the Hillary deal was notable, if true, because I seriously doubt Obama had clearly told anyone else he was endorsing Hillary for 2016. Biden has outright said he may want a shot at it. I know...it's hard to imagine...but then, that would be one real good reason for Obama not to have made this an open announcement and taken a solid stand on who he was behind. Certainly not in the form of a deal years in advance. That might piss off some inner circle types, IMO.

It's nothing scandalous outside of the inner Democratic party workings and how it all seems to go. That's interesting, not scandal. Obama has real ones going at the moment for those. This was more of a 'fill in an interesting blank' of questions I figured others may have also had at the time.

BTW, I think the trade off was the very sizable number of people who are loyal to Hillary before they are to Obama and have made that loud and clear. Hillary's speeches and endorsements may have made no material difference? ...but then again, maybe they did. He didn't win by that much, after all.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Pfft. Governor of a tiny little state on the north-east coast for one single term!? Yeah, real great political experience there. LOL.

You have a good night. I'm about tired of being part of your entertainment for it. If you are aware of the senate term, voting history and other particulars of Obama's time in that level of Government, you're misrepresenting things. If you're not aware, then that's better...but absolutely no position to be throwing the HARD edge attitude toward everyone who would discuss this.

It's off topic to what this thread was about anyway so another reason I'm backing off the side chat here.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

reply to post by Sankari

You do realize Romney was the Governor of Massachusetts, right?

A good president needs Senate experience. He needs respect on Capitol Hill (and no, I'm not talking Seattle!
) Romney had neither.

Mass is ranked top 14th in the Union in population wise and ranks up near the top on nearly all other factors. Illinois? Where our great and fantastically capable president "because he was a senator" came from? They are neck and neck in crappy states. Funnily, that bad bad man Perry from Texas is from a state that is number one nearly across the board. Go Obama! Go Romney! Keep up the "I hate the other guy!"

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Sankari
[more

What precisely is wrong with a President being successful in life, anyway? Do we want to make a habit of electing people that aren't successful? That wouldn't seem intelligent to a positive outcome overall for our nation. All other issues aside for a moment, when did success in business become a liability to being a good executive leader in political office?

Umm I don't know around the last time we had one as President, Herbert Hoover. Being successful in life or even how wealthy you are isn't a problem. Romney however believed it was people thinking that. We have had plenty of obscenely wealthy Presidents. Romney had some severe character issues that he could never shake and time after time shot himself in the foot with them.

Look I am not trying to rock your boat, but the Republican Party has some deep deep soul searching to do. The mid-terms are coming up and if the whack-jobs primary more mainstream Republicans it isn't going to be pretty. And once again the American people are suffering the return of the party of no, because mainstream Republicans are afraid of being primaried by the nutjobs.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Biden may want to run, but he isn't gonna be ruffled by Obama backing Hillary. It is pretty simple for him to understand that even a stint at VP he would still be behind her in the primary season barring any major scandals. For all his gaffes the man really isn't a blithering idiot and knows his real chances.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Well, I wouldn't want you to think I was a Republican these days. There are pretty good reasons for that. I still haven't gotten around to changing the status at the courthouse but really need to. Independent, as officially listed, I suppose. Independent Conservative would be the most accurate I think.

For what it's worth, the Republicans burned me off the party for the last time, last year. They could have shown class where Ron Paul was concerned. They could have shown class where other candidates were concerned and they chose not to. Romney was part of that, but Romney was just a flash in the pan of the party. It'll be another one, next time around and likely the same establishment hack type as Romney and McCain have been.

Democrats are no better and select the same type of hacks. They just have a different ideology for personal belief, is about all I see anymore. Policies don't even change much. Hell, Obama had Bush's Sec. Defense for 2 whole years after taking office, to show how 'Eager Beaver' he was about digging right in to change those war policies. He followed Bush's Iraq withdrawal timetable to the day.

So...You'll hear no disagreement out of me that the Republican Party pretty well sucks right now and will as long as people like Gingrich, Rove and the rest of the old farts are running it. It's just a different version of old farts on the other side...and isn't that just the heart of the American problem right now?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Because in the end, they are on the same Marxist team, they just had a bit of infighting is all. It's not like there has never been infighting within the communist party or anything.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
What, is Obama going to support the Republican candidate?

Warmongers supporting Warmongers......

Remember Libya?

Shes perfect for the job.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

People voted for Obama because they know what he stands for and he has a solid 4-year track record under his belt. Americans are confident in his ability to turn the economy around. They know they can trust him to protect their freedoms.

Proof please?

The polarization of this Country is at an all time high, thanks to him. Theres proof of that, but I`m sure that doesn't matter to those who believe in what you posted. Its sad to say but Hillary might have done a better job then him, if she was elected.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Hilary has been gearing up for this since her husband was in office.
Word is,she stayed and supported him thru the Lewinsky debacle ,and he was to support her when she ran for office.
She's got lots of chips piled up,and when the time comes,she will cash in all her markers.
Only unforseen ill health will keep her from running ,if you ask me .
And The Post prints plenty of note worthy stuff . I preferred it over the daily news when I still bought the paper every day .
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Numbers on those sales would be a start? Are we talking business, personal, etc. "Fleet" sales is ambiguous as all government buys are "fleet"; so seeing the numbers are important.

OK, here is the link

finance.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AwrNUbJlK6xR6zcA3mvQtDMD

Here is a separate article reflecting a regional report on Car Sale increases in Pennsylvania.

"Typically, a dealership of our size — and we're the largest dealer around — would stock 40 to 50 Foresters," said Irvine, sales manager of the Lower Macungie Township dealership. "We have one — one — left."

Across the country, Subaru's sales jumped 17 percent during the first four months of the year compared with the same period last year, and 25 percent during April alone, the chief executive of the Japanese automaker told The Wall Street Journal last week. So great is demand that it could soon lead to dealer shortages, Fuji Heavy Industries CEO Yasuyuki Yoshinaga said.

www.mcall.com...

How many were investor buys? Cash buys (which indicate, but don't mean so, an investor buy) are playing a big part in the increase in purchasing homes on the market, but don't indicate an upward swing in the overall market. Just offering a differing view point.

The overall housing market is improving based upon the kind of data the housing industry uses a metric. Investor cash buys are not what the market uses to measure strength of weakness, so why do we use the metric actually professional use?

1.House prices are increasing city indexes
www.standardandpoors.com... p-us----

2. New housing permits up over 10%

www.census.gov...

3. Builder confidence (National Home Builders Alliance) Futures hit highest level since 2007

www.nahb.org...

* HFHA

American employers took on more workers than forecast in April and the jobless rate unexpectedly fell to a four-year low of 7.5 percent, reflecting confidence in the outlook for the world’s biggest economy.

www.reuters.com...

This is a thread in its self. "unexpectedly" is not a good word; for either side. Either numbers are being manipulated or the data is being skewed. Are people getting hired? Probably. Are numbers of those just quit looking not being counted? Probably just the same. Do you see the pattern forming?

Well the same measures and equation has been used for over a decade, so why wouldn't the final tabulation still be in equal proportion to past reports.

I do notice that you are attempting to sully anything I post that supports my narrative.

Consumer confidence

The Thomson-Reuters/University of Michigan consumer sentiment index reached 84.5, its highest since July 2007. The report, out Friday, exceeded expectations as consumer sentiment was predicted to reach 83.7.

www.usatoday.com...

FYI, "Confidence" shouldn't be mistaken for actual "spending"; even your linked article points that out:

Consumers may not be spending, but it's not due to a lack of confidence.

More from that linked article, which I am thinking you didn't read but liked the headline:

Yet the brighter economic outlook isn't due to an increase in personal income. The Commerce Department said Friday that American incomes failed to grow in April, leading many Americans to cut back on spending.

Also:

But many economists now believe growth is slowing to a pace of around 2%.

About right....but believe your "sources"....

It seems like YOU believe my sources when it suits your story

Again, consumer confidence is EXTREMELY important in a market based economy. The Supply side of the US economy plans production and hiring decisions based upon consumer confidence.
edit on 3-6-2013 by hamburgerler because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2013 by hamburgerler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

People voted for Obama because they know what he stands for and he has a solid 4-year track record under his belt. Americans are confident in his ability to turn the economy around. They know they can trust him to protect their freedoms.

Proof please?

The polarization of this Country is at an all time high, thanks to him. Theres proof of that, but I`m sure that doesn't matter to those who believe in what you posted. Its sad to say but Hillary might have done a better job then him, if she was elected.

The polarization is thanks to the marvelous job the GOP machine has been doing, Obama cannot take the credit for that.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's ok.. Osamabama is just like us regular people he learns of his failures on the news... he learns of his scandals on the news.... and learns about the deaths of our ambassadors just like everyone else.... on the news... What a piece of SH*T!!! I am sorry for black people that this is what our president brought upon us, He is a joke and a fake and the jury is still out that he is even a citizen.. i read that he payed over 2 million $ to have his citizenship forged, which i dont think is too far out of the ordinary. Obama is a beat down piece of crap who should spend less time golfing and going on vacations and more time trying to help our country,,, Hey bastard get out of the mosque and actually do something!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdyam
reply to post by beezzer

It's ok.. Osamabama is just like us regular people he learns of his failures on the news... he learns of his scandals on the news.... and learns about the deaths of our ambassadors just like everyone else.... on the news... What a piece of SH*T!!! I am sorry for black people that this is what our president brought upon us, He is a joke and a fake and the jury is still out that he is even a citizen.. i read that he payed over 2 million $ to have his citizenship forged, which i dont think is too far out of the ordinary. Obama is a beat down piece of crap who should spend less time golfing and going on vacations and more time trying to help our country,,, Hey bastard get out of the mosque and actually do something!

Haha!

And my sources are too far out

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Who cares who the puppet is...it's the other side of the coin...same agenda. Let's get with the program here...this hilarious at best!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Obama and Clinton may have made some secret deals but it won't matter much. The GOP will have a hard time winning the minorities and womens groups, but those same groups who feel betrayed by Obama from the increase in their personal expenses for health care premiums or penalties will still vote for Clinton. Clinton would provide the familiarity and agenda the dems need and I don't think the Benghazi remarks will hurt Clinton much because many dems aren't aware of them because they don't watch Fox news and MSM didn't cover them.

Something about the economy getting better doesn’t make sense is the bankruptcy rates. The average amount
of filings per month in 2012 is 113917 and in 2013 is 390108 which is a mighty increase for an improving economy.

Business and Non-Business Filings 2010-2013

2013 Data through March 31

Year Total Non-Business Business

2013 1,170,324 1,132,772 37,552

2012 1,367,006 1,320,613 46,393

2011 1,571,183 1,516,971 54,212

2010 1,531,997 1,470,849 61,148

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Said person doesn't live in the USA,and seems to know very little about our politics and laws,but then explains it to us .
Also,they're the only person from the alleged country or origin ,that I've ever seen use the word bollocks ....
Ahem
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join