It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama made secret deal to support Hillary in 2016?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, I'll say up front the source is the New York Post. Not my favorite folks in the world and a thread in the 9/11 forum I authored explains a whole lot more about that.

Having said that, the quotes and references in this article overlap to other things I've read over the past couple years, so it seems worth sharing for general context and discussion anyway. It's also screaming bold headlines today in Media, so again, worthy of a share, IMO.

President Obama made a secret deal to support Hillary Clinton when she runs for president in 2016, campaign sources say, payback for the support her husband gave him in 2012.

Bill Clinton’s animosity toward Obama is legendary. A year before the last election, he was urging Hillary to challenge the sitting president for the nomination — a move she rejected.

A lot happened in 2012, surrounding how this all went about happening. A lot happened in 2008 as well, if some recall details from that. It made me wonder then and I still wonder now. Simply taking Hillary in as one of the primary Cabinet level Officers to the new administration was a shocker in itself. To say they ran vicious campaigns against each other in 2008..would be kind on the topic.

A deal was struck: Clinton would give the key nominating speech at the convention, and a full-throated endorsement of Obama. In exchange, Obama would endorse Hillary Clinton as his successor.

Clinton’s speech was as promised; columnists pointed out the surprising enthusiasm in which he described the president. It also lived up to Obama’s fears, as more people talked about Clinton’s speech in the weeks following than his own.

That part does strike me as interesting, if true, and again...goes to fill in some obvious blanks in the narrative. It was the type of thing I think we all knew there was more to, but no one could really guess what for certain and it didn't matter that much at the moment, anyway. One section from earlier in the article stands out though.

“I’ve heard more from Bush, asking for my advice, than I’ve heard from Obama,” my sources quoted Clinton as saying. “I have no relationship with the president — none whatsoever. Obama doesn’t know how to be president. He doesn’t know how the world works. He’s incompetent. He’s an amateur!”
Source

Now THAT does sound like Bill Clinton to me. The degree of animosity between Bill and Barack seems pretty clear over the last 5-6 years (including the 08 campaign season) and this sticks close to that for context.

I wonder if this means Hillary still has something to expect out of the White House or if the Benghazi-Gate events and her position in the middle of them has largely made that a moot point?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Curse you Brother Wrabbit! (you beat to the creation of this thread)

One point to ponder, if the last few years of the Obama presidency go as poorly as the first few years, then any endorsement from the president might be a death blow to the Clinton campaign.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hillary is still the frontrunner for either party. It's a foregone conclusion. She'll use the next few years to distance herself and when Bengazi is brought up later people will go, "M'eh." The Clinton's are stud politicians. As to if she wants Obama's endorsement.......

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
After the load of crap she brought to the table about Benghazi....I doubt we will see her run..and if he does I highly doubt she would even win

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
IMO, the key to the 2016 elections is the Republicans. If they send a qualified candidate that people can relate to, they win. If they send the same ol same ol, Hillary or some other Democrat will be the next President.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What, is Obama going to support the Republican candidate?

If they're just talking about the primaries, well Obama assigned Hillary to arguably the third most powerful position behind pres and VP. I think they're on pretty good terms and didn't need to make a deal.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think most of us knew/suspected that Obama and the Clintons had an agreement (wink wink). Will other news sources take this and run or will it be like most other topics that fade into the night? All of these scandals are getting to be a bit overwhelming and so few take it seriously.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was just thinking that Obama endorsing Hillary might not be a good idea. Also, she might not win, I think we are going to see 4-8 years of Republicans in the White House, after 8 years of Democrats I think it will go back the other way more than likely because of economic reasons, not social reasons.
edit on 2-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hilary Clinton is prime political material. A serial liar who has made a career out of lying, criminal activity and getting what she wants, when she wants it, whatever the cost to anyone else. Makes perfect sense for her to stand for election!

After all, she has decades of experience. I swear she was the power behind Bill, not quite the quiet little first lady. I also seem to remember reading that she was forced to step down, when just a lowly lawyer, from the Watergate scandal..... or face perjury charges! So, she certainly has a good track record.

Of course, when it comes to these peope getting into power, and staying there, the voice of the people doesn't really matter one jot. If WWIII hasn't quite started before she gets the big chair, it won't be long behind.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer

I was just thinking that Obama endorsing Hillary might not be a good idea. Also, she might not win, I think we are going to see 4-8 years of Republicans in the White House, after 8 years of Democrats I think it will go back the other way more than likely because of economic reasons, not social reasons.
edit on 2-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I fear the opposite. Many more people are enjoying the dole that the government is handing out. Our economic health is poor, insuring a candidate to come in and rescue the poor Americans from being cut adrift from the greedy republicans who only wish to starve the poor.

Personally, I'm not holding much hope with the republicans.

There needs to be a strong 3rd party/libertarian candidate this time. (crosses fingers)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
IMO, the key to the 2016 elections is the Republicans. If they send a qualified candidate that people can relate to, they win. If they send the same ol same ol, Hillary or some other Democrat will be the next President.

I agree. The political cycle favors the Republicans. It is rare for any party to win the Executive Office three times in a row. Such a win would demonstrate a massive failure on the part of the opposing party.. We'll see.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I would just like a politician that doesn't want to king. All these promises, trying to get elected, and then, BAM, once they're in, try taking away everyone's freedoms. Is there even someone out there anymore that we can trust???

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust
reply to post by beezzer

I would just like a politician that doesn't want to king. All these promises, trying to get elected, and then, BAM, once they're in, try taking away everyone's freedoms. Is there even someone out there anymore that we can trust???

Looking for an honest man?

You, me, and Diogenes are still searching!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why would this be a "secret deal"? I mean... to me, it's pretty obvious that Obama would support Hillary in 2016, if she runs.

This seems like a non-news item, to me. The whole article sounds like hearsay and conjecture... an opinion piece...

OH! I think I see why.

Adapted from the new paperback edition of Edward Klein’s “The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House” (Regnery Publishing), out this week.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'd have to hear those words come out of Bill's mouth on video/audio to believe it...
but it's not too far fetched. I believe he thinks that way, but I dont know if he would announce it like that.

However, he IS getting older... lol

As always Thanks Wrabbit! I was going to post this, but you did a much better run down than I could.

S&F

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Why would this be a "secret deal"? I mean... to me, it's pretty obvious that Obama would support Hillary in 2016, if she runs.

This seems like a non-news item, to me. The whole article sounds like hearsay and conjecture... an opinion piece...

OH! I think I see why.

Adapted from the new paperback edition of Edward Klein’s “The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House” (Regnery Publishing), out this week.

I noticed that too

Obama haters are gonna be in for a big surprise once the economy is declared to be "revived", which should occur before the year is out.

It is such a bad strategy to spend years MAKING UP bad qualities to assign Obama, because WHEN reality comes to roost, Obama will look like a genius. Not a Kenyan, Marxist, Islamist, who is lazy, inept and clueless.

It is like the "boy who cried wolf"

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

I think the Republicans will, once again, put the pedal to the metal and try to out conservative (AKA act crazy on camera) each other.

I think the economy is the main measure, if it's going well, the GOP is going to be holding an empty bag that represents, crazy, over the top rhetoric that was never really real to begin with.

edit on 2-6-2013 by hamburgerler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hamburgerler

It's easy to label any critic of Obama as a "hater", isn't it.

That way you don't have to spend time defending his actions. All you need to do is "attack" the "haters".

Discuss the issues? Nope.
Defend his programs? Nope.

Throw out accusations and blame like beads at Mardi Gras and it's all good.

Well, please explain how unemployment is going to go down.
Please illustrate how the economy will rebound.
Please show us all how healthcare will get better.

Please show us how Obama did not make secret deals to insure his presidency.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah the Clintons are so awesome:

The first one created the financial crisis ending Glass Stegall, and failed to killed Bin Laden 4 times, and let terrorists alone for 8 years that created the last decade of war.

The Mrs Clinton 'We came we saw Gaddafi died', and Benghazi If Obama and Hilary's party gets another 4 more years this country is done, and there ain't no coming back.

12 years running this country in to the ground.

Of course Obama made a secret deal with Clinton, this isn't the first time, those two made a deal to drop out of the election so Obama would become Potus, now it's Clintons turn.
edit on 2-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by hamburgerler

It's easy to label any critic of Obama as a "hater", isn't it.

You really should look at your posts then, it seems like your volume of Obama hate is substantial. There is no distinction to be found in your posts, automatic hater???

That way you don't have to spend time defending his actions. All you need to do is "attack" the "haters".

Discuss the issues? Nope.
Defend his programs? Nope.

I am simply pointing out that what you say is true about Obama, and the actual TRUTH are two different things entirely.

Throw out accusations and blame like beads at Mardi Gras and it's all good.

Thanks for admitting it, you automatically hate Obama, and believe anything that paints him in a negative light, it is pretty clear that it has become a pastime for some...

Well, please explain how unemployment is going to go down.

data.bls.gov...

Please illustrate how the economy will rebound.

It is rebounding, just a matter of time before it is "officially" back. When that happens, the haters are gonna have nothing.

Hater voices will blend into the background like the back ground chatter in a bar.

Please show us all how healthcare will get better.

Oregon has been doing great since they have opened their exchanges, prices have been going down because consumers can compare rates in a transparent manner.

Please show us how Obama did not make secret deals to insure his presidency.

I don't doubt the possibility

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join