It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Voice Boxes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've seen these on the different ghost hunting shows and I"m interested in getting one.
They take the energy in the room and convert it to english words.
Does anyone have one? Anyone else interested in getting one? if so ... which one and why?
Anyone think they are fake or just a gimmick? I guess a lot of people aren't convinced they work.

It's NOT the white noise maker. Although I'd like to hear what people say about those as well.

Lemme' know if anyone has this piece of equipment and/or information.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I've seen these on the different ghost hunting shows and I"m interested in getting one.

What energy? How does that work? 'Energy' into 'English words'? Logic man, logic!

Does anyone have one?

No.

Anyone else interested in getting one?

No.

Anyone think they are fake or just a gimmick?

Yes.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
What energy? How does that work? 'Energy' into 'English words'? Logic man, logic!

I'm a woman so I guess that is .... logic woman, logic!

How does it work? I'm not sure. I believe it takes the EMFs and energy in a room and somehow translates it into words. It may have words stored up and are triggered or it may just translate. How it does that, I'm not sure. That's why I started the thread. I don't know anything about these voice boxes and I figured someone on here may have one or may have used one.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No, they're just random number generators.
Pick a random number from 1 to n, and "speak" that numbered word.
Thats all.

eg.
1 = "heavy"
2 = "white"
3 = "door"
4 = "yourself"
5 = "dog"
6 = "electricity"
7 = "daylight"
8 = "noise"
etc...

The people who sell them say that ghosts have the ability to search through the software database, select the word they want, find its list number, and then force the software random number generator to generate that list number.

edit on 2-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

No, they're just random number generators.
Pick a random number from 1 to n, and "speak" that numbered word.
Thats all.

eg.
1 = "heavy"
2 = "white"
3 = "door"
4 = "yourself"
5 = "dog"
6 = "electricity"
7 = "daylight"
8 = "noise"
etc...

The people who sell them say that ghosts have the ability to search through the software database, select the word they want, find its list number, and then force the software random number generator to generate that list number.

edit on 2-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Holy Stolen Mobile App Idea Batman!!!allcapscllcaps11

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think this one is the noise generator?

It is something that if I could afford I would try out just because I am a very curious creature.

I can't seem to find the ghost box that is not white noise on youtube, can you supply a link to it so I know what exactly yo are talking about?
I do know that you have quite the activity and I am pretty sure anything you use will produce results as spirits tend to work with the tools you provide for them. Some better than others I would imagine.

Either way, these are interesting tools. I have paranormal detector, and sometimes it really does seem to catch things. I need a mic to catch evp's on it though. I have not messed with that part of the app.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Personally, I used a "spirit box" (a detuned radio) on a hunt at Moundsville State Prison and I asked the question "What's your name?" and it came back with "Red." Red Snyder was an inmate convicted of murder and housed in the cell block. I think they're legit.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71I have paranormal detector, and sometimes it really does seem to catch things.

I have something we call a BS detector. It's started alerting loudly when I read this comment.

Anyway, I don't think he's talking about a ghost box, but an Ovilus, which is just as suspect as a tool that actually picks up 'spirit' presence.

spirit box - audio pareidolia .. when you set a spirit box at 250ms and run thru radio stations you are bound to hear pieces of conversation that are widely confused as paranormal (especially on youtube). It can never be viewed objectively as real evidence because there is no way to validate that what you are hearing are really spirits unless you record every radio station that can be scanned thru and go back to make sure (which would be a huge task, and who has the time or resources to do such a thing). Commonly, 'paranormal investigators' will claim that the voice goes over the 250ms cycle so it has to be a spirit, but radio stations can bleed thru several increments on the dial, so this is a BS rationalization. If spirits could really come thru a radio, all you would have to do is set the spirit box to not scan at all and stay on one white-noise station. People often set their spirit box to AM radio which is predominately talk radio, so no surprise they are hearing voices. Very unreliable tool, and easily fools people into believing they are talking to spirits (again, look at the plethora of single-syllable crap presented as evidence on youtube). Lastly, it's possible a spirit could still come thru, so I'm not a total skeptic. I have several spirit boxes. 99% of it is audio pareidoila, although I've captured stuff myself that I'm on the fence about.

The Ovilus is a joke. Most people, particularly 'paranormal investigators', have no clue how EMF waves fluctuate all around us. It doesn't matter if you're in a building with no power on. A cell-phone tower can send intermittent signals that will set off an EM detector, not too mention your cellphones do the same thing. EMF detectors are a joke of a tool to use for paranormal investigating, thus the Ovilus is useless in my opinion and others:

Ovilus

Due to the random nature of the replies, many paranormal research groups have stopped using the Ovilus because too much is left to chance. It is posited that a person could pull random words out of a hat and get the same response as what comes out of the Ovilus.

Stick with a voice recorder or learn to talk to the 'spirits' directly. I've said this before: there is no reason to go ghost hunting if you can just call them/it/whatever-it-is to you directly.
edit on 2-6-2013 by jheherrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jheherrin

Hey,
you don't have to believe me.

*shrug*

Funny, it went off with a high flux as I was typing to you.

My BS detector is going off too....

Note the time for the flux

edit on 2-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
Personally, I used a "spirit box" (a detuned radio) on a hunt at Moundsville State Prison and I asked the question "What's your name?" and it came back with "Red." Red Snyder was an inmate convicted of murder and housed in the cell block. I think they're legit.

Something like this I find more plausible than a pre-programmed "word generator". I'm sure that everyone already has a radio that they can keep between stations. I'd really like to work with something of this nature on my next investigation (I'd use it on an already confirmed haunted location first...then in a random, non-haunted place...just to set up a baseline.

Physics can explain this and that's the sort of thing I like.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Hey,
you don't have to believe me.

*shrug*

Funny, it went off with a high flux as I was typing to you.

My BS detector is going off too....

Note the time for the flux

edit on 2-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

What a coincidence. I was on the toilet at that time. *flatulence*

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen

Originally posted by CrashUnderride

Something like this I find more plausible than a pre-programmed "word generator". I'm sure that everyone already has a radio that they can keep between stations. I'd really like to work with something of this nature on my next investigation (I'd use it on an already confirmed haunted location first...then in a random, non-haunted place...just to set up a baseline.

Physics can explain this and that's the sort of thing I like.

The spirit boxes are just radios. They just sweep thru stations. Waste of money, but oh well. Live and learn.

Audio-pareidolia explains it a lot better. Be sure to ask for full sentences and set your sweep to 100ms instead of 250ms. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
heh - I had to go look into this 'paranormal detector' app.

Paranormal Detector

Sub/supersonic and audible IIR filters calculate the ParaNormal Quotient(PNQ) at your location.

The PNQ value is shown by a set of concentric bands at the centre of the display. High PNQ values may be caused by a variety of events: Low frequency rumbling (e.g. from heavy trucks or machinery), High frequency noises (e.g. dog whistles, or keys jangling) as well as Supernatural phenomena (please don't drop your Android when you run away in fright!)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Again, I can see where you are coming from, and really I have nothing to add to your comments other than "whatever"

No matter how they try to sell it, after having it for almost over a year, I will say that it goes off at strange times, and usually it has something to do with something when I want to use it the way I figured it out to work.

Just the flatulence comment shows your immaturity.

Some of us do take these things serious. It is an interesting app, and serves it's amusing purpose.
Being a sensitive, it responds to me and my surroundings.

Thank you and good day.

And to the others on this thread, I apologize, I did not mean to derail it.

edit on 2-6-2013 by Darkblade71 because: apology

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Again, I can see where you are coming from, and really I have nothing to add to your comments other than "whatever"

No matter how they try to sell it, after having it for almost over a year, I will say that it goes off at strange times, and usually it has something to do with something when I want to use it the way I figured it out to work.

Just the flatulence comment shows your immaturity.

Some of us do take these things serious. It is an interesting app, and serves it's amusing purpose.
Being a sensitive, it responds to me and my surroundings.

Thank you and good day.

I take it extremely seriously as well, as I'm a skeptical believer and I've been an occult experimentalist and paranormal investigator for many years now. It's something I'm extrememly passionate about, and I could not care less what you think about my maturity or my cynicism. The truth is extremely important to me, and in a field ripe with dogmatic belief systems and plain kookery, I am not interested in tiptoeing around the delicate feelings of spiritualists and New Agers when I see something like that being claimed as a 'paranormal detector'. It shows your maturity and ignorance that you would even entertain such nonsense as being legitimate.

Thank you and good day to you too.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I think it is the energy of the spirit in the room they are communicating with. So in other words, the spirit uses its own energy to make the thing work.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The white noise generators are interesting. I think they probably work. I'd love to give them a try.

The voice boxes .. the ones that have actual words that are generated by the energy in the room ... that's what I'm wondering about. I dont know if they are pre-programmed or if they form sounds/words ... I think different ones do different things.

I was just wondering what people's recommendations are ... get one or not??

Thanks.

BTW .. I do EVPs and have had some good results. Got some good pictures as well.
Would LOVE an IR camera .. but I"m not spending that kind of money ...
not without a winning lottery ticket.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I was with a group that had some an interesting experience with the generator type box (Ovilus).

They were in the basement of the location and the box started 'saying' words like "storm", "lighting", "run", "danger". A few minutes later a storm started rolling in. I wasn't with them at the time, but I think a friend of mine has a audio recording of it. That friend said she couldn't explain it and it was the most accurate activity she has experienced with that type of equipement.

Another time we were in the same room and I was using one of the radio boxes. While it was scanning it stated a name (female name, I can't remember it right now). After a while we shut it down to do EVP work, and later realized the same name was repeated on the EVP.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Could you give me information on which box you used ... where I can get one ... etc?
I looked online but to be honest, it's all very confusing for me.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I believe it was a older version of this one. The one that was used didn't have the text display on the front, but it did have the dictionary and phonetic modes.

I've also seen another one used that was hooked up to a laptop for recording the session and word display. I had an uneasy feeling about that one. There was a person running the laptop and they were consistently typing. Too much human interaction for my taste.

The less expensive option is the radio scanner type. My husband made mine using the "hack shack" instructions. That's the one that picked up on the name that was later repeated on the EVP.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join