It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the food that you eat tell something about you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Very interesting topic
I'm not sure what my eating habits say about me, but I can say that I am the unusual one when it comes to food.

Every person in my immediate family is either very overweight or downright obese, with the exception of myself and my daughter. They all enjoy lots of fried foods, salt, and vegetables boiled down to mush. Yuck!!

Growing up, I was labeled a "picky eater". I can't stand fried food or grease, and too much salt literally feels like it burns my tongue. I eat very simple things, like French bread with a piece of cheese on it or raw cucumbers and tomatoes, lean steak with a baked potato...I cook with very little salt (if any), and prefer the taste of fresh herbs to flavor my food. My daughter is the same. Salad, fruit, cereal, lean meat and veggies, fresh bread...all staples of our diet.

Don't get me wrong; I like ice cream and cookies as much as the next person, love sour candy and chocolate too, but am naturally unable to eat very much of those things at a time without getting a bellyache. I get a craving for a cheeseburger now and then, but am unable to eat even half of one for the same reason.

Everyone in my family suffers from hypertension, joint inflammation and digestive problems in addition to struggling with their weight. I don't know why I am different and have natural aversions to those types of food, but I have no health issues other than seasonal allergies, have never been overweight, have "abnormally" low blood pressure, my cholesterol stays between 125 and 135. I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus two years ago after experiencing some anomalous organ inflammation, and this disease and its evil twin RA run rampant in my family, but I have been symptom-free now for almost a year and take no medication...just avoid stress and make sure I get adequate rest.

I believe that my diet is the main reason that I have been fortunate enough to dodge the health issues that plague the rest of my family. They think I'm just weird. Well, that might be true too

Not sure what my dietary choices say about my personality or anything like that but it would be interesting to explore. Thanks for posting this thread
VERY interesting and refreshing topic!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well i mainly eat healthy these days. Fried stuff seems to play havoc with my stomach so i dont use oil at all. Most things i cook are done in the oven (steak etc, thats when i have it which ain't very often). If i eat bacon i microwave it. Eggs usually microwave or poached in water. But chicken is probably my favourite

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

I believe that my diet is the main reason that I have been fortunate enough to dodge the health issues that plague the rest of my family. They think I'm just weird. Well, that might be true too
You are a normal and beautiful person,and your diet tells that you have a very equilibrated psychic.

Every person in my immediate family is either very overweight or downright obese, with the exception of myself and my daughter. They all enjoy lots of fried foods, salt, and vegetables boiled down to mush. Yuck!!

Everyone in my family suffers from hypertension, joint inflammation and digestive problems in addition to struggling with their weight. I don't know why I am different and have natural aversions to those types of food, but I have no health issues other than seasonal allergies, have never been overweight, have "abnormally" low blood pressure, my cholesterol stays between 125 and 135.
I guess that one of the key factor it is not the food itself but the speed with which they eat,and ofcourse the attitude besides the food.

Because the stress factors in the environment that you live in,determine your attitude besides the food you eat.

Thank you for your input tigertatzen.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Fried stuff seems to play havoc with my stomach so i dont use oil at all. Most things i cook are done in the oven (steak etc, thats when i have it which ain't very often).
Yes Doc indeed oil in food it's a poison.

It taste very nice cooked in the oven,but the best is in the wood using natural fire made it with logs.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Yes that sounds really nice. I bet the food tastes great in one of those
..i am hungry now haha

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I bet the food tastes great in one of those
It is one of the most natural ways to cook,and it's more beautiful when the forest is your property.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I avoid GMOs and only eat organic. I don't eat processed foods and I prefer home grown fruits and veggies.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I don't eat processed foods and I prefer home grown fruits and veggies.
It is very healthy to not eat processed food,although these days earth has changed his biochemical structure because the way we treat it,therefore everything we grow and eat, it's in a way processed,thisfore altering our metabolism.

Even the water we drink is different no matter what part of the planet comes.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I don't know about that. I think it just shows that I prefer a pattern. And that I like to keep things simple. Also it is easy to stick to a diet if you don't leave room for variations.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

. And that I like to keep things simple. Also it is easy to stick to a diet if you don't leave room for variations.
Simple things are the best always,and combining the simple things you can obtain a gastronomic paradise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join