It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the food that you eat tell something about you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

"You are not what you eat,but what you eat is what you are."

www.discovergoodnutrition.com...

About your personality

About your age

About the place where you live

About social condition

About your health situation

About social status

About your psichology of life

About political preferences

About what kind of yarn you're

About your character

...so on.

In fact eating it's a philosophy itself.

So,what food you like, to tell you who you are...philosophically speaking.

kaleidoscope.cultural-china.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes, I am poor and enjoy simple food that is easy to make but tasty and maybe nutritious! lol

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Yes, I am poor and enjoy simple food that is easy to make but tasty and maybe nutritious! lol
The simple food is the best and the most healthy.

No need to be rich to eat the most tasty food in the world.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I haven't been eating very much or very healthily. I understand that this reflects the negative beliefs that I hold about myself; that my existence has little meaning or value.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Yes, I believe the food that you eat, can tell something about you.

For example, I don't consume any meat or animal products, because I care too much about the animals and the environment.

So, it shows that I care.

It also shows that I am informed.

Once I became savvy to all the animal abuse in the food industry, I just had to change my diet.

What I eat now, also tells you that I am healthy.
Since I changed to a vegan diet about two years ago, my health has been great.

This is what I have been eating for the past two years or so:
fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains and legumes.

I also eat at least one RAW meal per day, in order to obtain and absorb lots of unspoilt vitamins and minerals.

I just wanted to add my 2c to this thread.

Cheers
QMask
edit on 2-6-2013 by QMask because: Fixed spelling.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by QMask

For example, I don't consume any meat or animal products, because I care too much about the animals and the environment.
It is good indeed to be vegetarian,but in the same time the nutritional balance it is important,therefore,either ways one of the keys about food and healthy food it is the way you cook your food.

And the soul you are putting in it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

For Carb , I eat Rice [ 2 Times / Day ]
For Protein , I eat Meat / Eggs / Cheese / Milk / Legumes
For other Micro - nutrients [ Vitamins / Minerals ] , I eat Green Vegetables / Fruits
Thats All

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

I understand that this reflects the negative beliefs that I hold about myself; that my existence has little meaning or value.
Your existence it is of unvaluable value,for all those around you,especially here on ATS.

Because we all have positive beliefs about you.

And we trust you.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

Thats All
And for for the soul you should add some sugar.

The sugar of the soul.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I alternate between steak(very rare) and boneless skinless chicken breasts with vegetables for dinner every night.
Once a month or so, on the weekends I will make chilli or spaghetti with meatballs and sausage.

That's all that gets cooked at my house.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

That is good ,because it covers almost the entire spectrum of minerals and vitamins.

It shows that you are a leader.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The food I eat tells me I'm an omnivore.

I sometimes eat grain, veg and fruit as well as meat .......

Pretty sure that to varying degrees most other homo sapiens for the past few hundred thousands years have been the same.
edit on 2-6-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

The food I eat tells me I'm an omnivore.
As the great majority of the people are.

Sometimes in the food they eat you can see the unknown character of a person.

They use to say,

"In vino veritas."

I'd say,

"Verum stat in pasce tuos."

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

An important topic! I do agree with you that our eating habits can tell us much about our body-mind's tendencies, inclinations, personality type, etc. I also figure some 80-90% of people's diseases and even neuroses can be linked to poor diet and are often preventable by a very healthy diet over the long run.

I have been vegetarian since I was 18, then a vegan for many more years. In the last 5+ years I have only ever eaten 100% raw vegan food. I have found this diet to be incredibly healthy (and tasty) when done correctly - including the daily drinking of at least a quart of green smoothies made from some of these veggies and fruits: kale, spinach, collards, mangos, pears, bananas, etc.

My body has fully adapted to this diet and my health is excellent. I have had many tests to make sure I am not deficient in anything, and so far, so good. Once my body adapted to all raw vegan food, diet has become a very simple matter. In fact, after an initial weight loss when first going all raw, I regained the weight and evened out at my optimal weight.

Of course, this diet has to be adapted to, but more and more people are going 100% raw vegan for a variety of reasons. I do it because it establishes bodily equanimity as a supportive foundation for spiritual practice. It also obviously has the moral benefit of not killing animals, and also not toxifying the environment like meat farms do.

Look how big cows get from grazing all day. Obviously we humans can't graze all day, but a real good blender (Vitamix, Blendtec) or even cheaper ones, can allow you to drink enormous amounts of greens - thus cutting out the "middle man" (the cow), and getting plant protein and other uncooked nutrients directly!

Cheers!
bb

P.S. If interested in a raw vegan diet, google Victoria Boutenko for starters. (Green smoothies are key!)

edit on 6/2/2013 by bb23108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bb23108

Of course, this diet has to be adapted to, but more and more people are going 100% raw vegan for a variety of reasons. I do it because it establishes bodily equanimity as a supportive foundation for spiritual practice. It also obviously has the moral benefit of not killing animals, and also not toxifying the environment like meat farms do.
It is indeed in the benefits of the animal kingdom,but in the same time the meat today,I mean the entire process of producing it, has become unnatural,although animals were left on earth even for the reason for humans to beneficiate of them as food.

They say that when meat is consumed, we take something from the character of that creature.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The veracity of what a person's dietary choices say about the person is overestimated. There are many other factors to consider, such as the person's individual needs/desires for that particular incarnation.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The veracity of what a person's dietary choices say about the person is overestimated. There are many other factors to consider, such as the person's individual needs/desires for that particular incarnation.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oops. Accidentally made a duplicate post. Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Initiate

The veracity of what a person's dietary choices say about the person is overestimated.
There are many other factors to consider, such as the person's individual needs/desires for that particular incarnation.
Yes there are many other factors,but I guess that food is the most important because without food we cannot live.

In fact our entire life is related to food ,from when we are born until the end.

Of course there are many types of food.

Food of the mind

Food of the soul

Food of the heart

.....so on.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Initiate

Oops. Accidentally made a duplicate post. Sorry about that.
No worries,I use to have hundreds of those in my threads.

And it use to happen hundreds of times with my posts accidentally.

They say that somewhere it's a synchronisation button,the button of synchronicity.

Oh,but don't tell them you know that from me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join