It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Cleric Decrees Rape is OK during Syrian War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Many Islamic clerics are known to go around (falsely) saying that American troops mass rape Muslim women and that the rape of women is something that can't be tolerated. But it looks like it's okay for at least some of them to actually call for rape of women who don't belong to the same Muslim sect as they do.

Washington Times - Islamic Cleric Decrees Rape is OK

An Islamic cleric has cleared the path for rebels in Syria, who are trying to oust President Bashar Assad, to rape women, so long as they’re non-Sunni.

Salafi Sheikh Yasir al-Ajlawni, who hails from Jordan but who lived in Damascus for 17 years, sent a message via YouTube: It’s a “legitimate fatwa” for Muslims waging war against Mr. Assad and trying to put in place a Sharia government to “capture and have sex with” Alawites and other non-Sunni, non-Muslim women, Human Events reports. Mr. Assad is part of the Alawites sect.

This is an Imam? A 'holy man'? :shk:

Be it Catholic or Protestant or Muslim or whatever .. there sure are some sickos out there that others look to as 'holy men'. The sad thing ... people are going to listen to this guy and go around raping innocent people all because they think a 'holy man' gave them an excuse to.
edit on 6/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Reminds me of Game of Thrones when they were saying the best part of sacking a city is all the rape that comes after.

Leave it up to backwards religious types to set us back 1000 years.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm pretty sure that Moslem religious leaders are not the only ones to have made crazy statements.

Not sure why you would say that rape accusations against American soldiers is false.

Steven Green's example is probably the most notorious of these cases, the raping of the 14yo girl then the killing of her and her entire family: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have very little doubt that its much more frequent than is reported.

Actually, your assertion made me curious so I did a quick search. It would seem that rape by American soldiers is nothing new.

But do the crimes of Americans make what this guy said any less disgusting? Of-course not.

Both are clearly wrong. Some may even say evil.

Since we're on the topic, if you look at the rate of rape in the US, the stats are staggering. I have to wonder when the US will start to address its own problems rather than everyone else's.

edit on 2-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

doesn't it make you proud that the United states along with our government in the UK along with France want to start giving these people weapons

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Many Islamic clerics are known to go around (falsely) saying that American troops mass rape Muslim women

If you think for one second that does not happen then you are either a)woefully ignorant of the world you live in or b)purposefuly putting disinformation out there to obfuscate particular facts in order to push your own agenda.

Heres a good read.

Mahmudiyah Killings

The Mahmudiyah killings was the gang-rape and killing of 14-year-old Iraqi girl Abeer Qassim Hamza al-Janabi by United States Army soldiers on March 12, 2006, and the murder of her family, in a house to the southwest of Yusufiyah, a village to the west of the town of Al-Mahmudiyah, Iraq. Charged with the crimes were five U.S. Army soldiers of the 502nd Infantry Regiment

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Not sure why you would say that rape accusations against American soldiers is false.

Read what I said ... I said accusations of MASS rape by Americans.
That's different than a rare happening like the American incident that you mentioned.
The Imam is calling for mass rapes.
The American government prosecutes soldiers if they rape.
Big difference ....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
And people still want to support the terrorist I mean rebels.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Knock it off. You should learn to read more carefully. I clearly said MASS RAPES by US soldiers doesn't happen and it's not called for by the government. If a rape happens then it is investigated and prosecuted by our government. This is OPPOSITE of what the Imam is calling for. :shk:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
And people still want to support the terrorist I mean rebels.

Someone needs to wave this article in John McCain's face.
There is NO WAY that we should be involved in Syria at all.
No one should be ....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The American government prosecutes soldiers if they rape.

Only an extremely small amount of soldiers that rape are actually prosecuted. Cases like that are usually swept under the rug.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Tuttle

Knock it off. You should learn to read more carefully. I clearly said MASS RAPES by US soldiers doesn't happen and it's not called for by the government. If a rape happens then it is investigated and prosecuted by our government. This is OPPOSITE of what the Imam is calling for. :shk:

See the problem is, I would not have bothered posting anything, but its the fact you felt the need to even mention anything to do with muslim clerics making any sort of allegations against U.S troops, true or false. It added nothing to your post, but yet you felt to say it any way because you have an agenda to push.

As for "mass rape" pretty sure I could back that up pretty well if you take, say the last 70 years of U.S military conquests?.

Anyway here is a good article for you to read about mass rape as you call it. Pretty much blows your theory about "investigations" out the water.

U.S. military faces historic tipping point on rape epidemic
edit on 2-6-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

First of all, its all despicable.

You seem very concerned about the safety of women. Why not first focus on the US?

Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted.

I guess its easier to point the finger at others.

I realize its fun to pretend that Moslems are the spawn of Satan but somehow I doubt that Moslem religious leaders are the only ones that have made crazy statements.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Tuttle

I read what you said carefully and this is by far, not the first Cleric to make such an announcement for the rape of women during war by Muslim fighters.

What IS it with some cultures and rape, anyway? Rape was an outright weapon and used as such in the Serbian war and is commonly used as a weapon of war in African fighting all over the continent. Gadaffi was reportedly raped before being murdered...and Homosexuality itself is a capital offense in some Muslim nations, so sexual issues aren't the point here, obviously.

Maybe someone else can explain who actually KNOWS the culture? Is it a power thing? Is it 'take the enemies power' like ripping their hearts out has been in past times and eras? I can understand the reasoning if that's what it is. I think the approach is barbaric and sick beyond reason ...but that's my Western mind and it's something I can't get over.

I think this is also the difference, as you cite it. American troops DO rape women in war zones. Absolutely. Do they MASS Rape as a systematic tactic? Absolutely and positively NOT. Every military gets some sick birds that need caged for life. It's the systemic use of rape that gets me? When it becomes a tactic, I become confused as to purpose.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hello FlyersFan.

The problem goes far beyond imams, sheikhs, or religious leaders. It is actually allah and the Qur'an that sanctifies rape:

""And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." [Qur'an 4:24]

It is actually allah, the Qur'an, and Muhammad that has made lawful the keeping of slaves and the forceful rape of those slaves. This edict alone illustrates Islam's sexists, tyrannical, and oppressive ideology.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What IS it with some cultures and rape, anyway?

I dunno man, but the West seems to have fairly pandemic levels of rape every year, I guess we are just kinda sick that way. Sure there is plenty profiling done by western law enforcement that gives a pretty good explanation as to the motivations behind it in western society.

Even against Children America has 4 times the amount of recorded levels as India. Its very frighting, It just seems to be a part of culture now I guess.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Which underlines the problem with organized religion IMHO.

Not sure why people think this is limited to any one religious text? Again, I suppose its just easier to point the finger at others?

From Deuteronomy 20:14

14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

Not to offend anyone, but If you ask me, the Koran is an unoriginal, mostly plagiarized text.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

whether rape happens is besides the point. It happens on all sides. The problem is when you openly support it, like this Imam does.

Do American soldiers rape when in a war ?...probably some do...but you won't find anyone in the west openly supporting it.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Why not first focus on the US?

Your deflection attempt is noted ...
Why not discuss the so called 'holy man' calling for rape?
I think people are capable of discussing both here at ATS.
If you want to discuss rape in the USA ... start a thread on it.
This one is about so called 'holy men' calling for rape.

I guess its easier to point the finger at others.

I guess its easier for you to attempt deflection than to admit the truth ...
the truth being that this so called holy man isn't so holy.

I realize its fun to pretend that Moslems are the spawn of Satan ...

Where exactly did I say that Muslims are the spawn of Satan? No where.
But this supposed holy man ... yep ... I'm saying he's an evil creep.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

I mentioned that the Muslim clerics are always accusing the US of mass rape because that's exactly what they accuse the soldiers of. And yet here is one of their own who is calling for mass rape. You can't see (or refuse to see) the hypocrisy in it ... and attempt deflection. Lovely ... :shk:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Oh, agreed with your basic premise that Rape is not culture specific or special to anyone in particular. It seems a universal sickness....sadly. Male and Female. Umm.. Eww.. Yeah.

I think what gets me is when it becomes a recognized tactic or a formal approach within or against a population. One rape in one back alley is evil..and I truly feel THAT crime fits the evil definition to. Few worse things in this life, IMO. Yet..what do we call it when it's open season, as declared by this Cleric or by battlefield commanders in Africa, for example?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join