It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if area 51 shuts down/closes?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Nothing is encroaching on Nellis airspace or the test-range or Creech for that matter. They are still designated as special use (prohibited, special use and restricted) and the FAA (specifically McCarran) has a very hectic departure to meet those restrictions when departing on 01R/L.

As to land use, that has nothing to do with airspace restrictions.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Nothing is encroaching on Nellis airspace or the test-range or Creech for that matter. They are still designated as special use (prohibited, special use and restricted) and the FAA (specifically McCarran) has a very hectic departure to meet those restrictions when departing on 01R/L. As to land use, that has nothing to do with airspace restrictions.

You just don't willy nilly launch aircraft. Flights are controlled by the ATC, and the commercial flights share airspace with the military flights UNTIL the military is over SUA. Further, the MOAs are not restricted at all. Creech is right under a VERY VERY heavy civilian flight route, but needs to transit to Ft. Irwin.

Airbases need a buffer zone. Fecal matter happens. If you research environmental documents, you would be surprised at how much stuff falls off aircraft upon take off.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Nothing is encroaching on Nellis airspace or the test-range or Creech for that matter. They are still designated as special use (prohibited, special use and restricted) and the FAA (specifically McCarran) has a very hectic departure to meet those restrictions when departing on 01R/L. As to land use, that has nothing to do with airspace restrictions.

You just don't willy nilly launch aircraft. Flights are controlled by the ATC, and the commercial flights share airspace with the military flights UNTIL the military is over SUA. Further, the MOAs are not restricted at all. Creech is right under a VERY VERY heavy civilian flight route, but needs to transit to Ft. Irwin.

Airbases need a buffer zone. Fecal matter happens. If you research environmental documents, you would be surprised at how much stuff falls off aircraft upon take off.

You misunderstand what I stated. Im in the mix...at the tower. I never said they can fly into it; I was pointing out that "land-deals" have nothing to do with "airspace". Reading comprehension is vital and obviously a downfall of our nation.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Another point to make is the refueling tracks around the nation and around the world for that matter. If you look at the sectional charts like gariac has on his website, you can see the A/R charts on the maps. Just because they are somewhat special use doesn't mean that they can't be used by civilians. In fact, ATC controls the tanker during A/R even after the tanker declares MARSA with the receiver. It's then the receivers responsiblity to separate from the tanker by 2K feet (i believe) before they are controlled by ATC again. The tanker gets the clearance from ATC for the receiver before the end of air refueling and passes it along to them on the A/R channel.

But back on topic, I don't think groom will ever shut down. It continues to grow more and more each year, leading to more and more projects, and not necessarily military ones. Some civilians besides the norm (LM, Boeing, etc) are using the base for projects as well (see new hanger).

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

You misunderstand what I stated. Im in the mix...at the tower. I never said they can fly into it; I was pointing out that "land-deals" have nothing to do with "airspace". Reading comprehension is vital and obviously a downfall of our nation.

Snarky BS insults aside, why did Nellis buy all that land north of the airport? Hint: it is under the flight line. Think about it. Ever notice how often the land surrounding an airport is something like a golf course or open space. Hint: Think about it.

From the city of Palmdale fire department:

Seventy-five percent of reported aircraft accidents have occurred on or near airport runways. These accidents may cause injury, death, fire, explosion, damage to property, straining hospital facilities, disrupting traffic and utilities, and causing crowd control problems.

< snip >

Exhibit S-17 delineates aircraft crash zones for the USAF Plant 42 and the proposed
regional airport. The potential for accidents is highest at the end of the runway (30
percent) and decreases with distance from the end of the runway. The Clear Zone is a
3,000-foot by 3,000-foot area at the end of the runway, within which any development
would pose a major risk of life and property. The USAF Plant 42 owns this land and
prohibits any form of development. Accident Potential Zone (APZ) I is 3,000 feet wide
and 5,000 feet long and contains a significant risk (8 percent) and APZ II is 3,000 feet
wide and 7,000 feet long with measurable potential (5 percent) for accidents.

Seriously, I just don't make crap up. All airports have a bit of empty space around them because fecal matter happens. And it is worse with military aircraft since they have pods, weapons, fuel tanks etc, attached to the aircraft, and stuff does fall off.

edit on 3-6-2013 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

So you're part of the reason as to why this site has gone so downhill in the past year.
This is a place for sensible minded people, interested in sharing opinions and/or theories. Please, for the sake of one of the only good sites left, keep your posts intelligently written and not full of profanities.
I don't mean to offend you, but the way in which your thread was written, makes you look like a 14 year old that's just discovered his/her first conspiracy.

This site is full of intelligent, like-minded people who do not approve of such ill mannered posts, please help keep it that way.
I understand that some times, to fully express how you feel about a situation, cursing is very helpful, but when you're typing it in to a site, rather than talking in person, you have the time to think of how to word it better.

One more time, please, try and preserve the general nature and intelligence in posts that this site is so a custom to.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FunktheNWO

Well I just realized you said "funding cut", not what I originally read it as.. So I apologize about the profanities and cursing bit.
The rest of what I said still applies, however.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FunktheNWO

So im being called a child for asking a question? nothing like another troll to brighten my day. I wrote this thread because of my curiosity i kept it short and easy so you explain to me how in the hell it would sound more intelligent in your own words smartass???

Also explain to me how my question was a conspiracy???
edit on 3-6-2013 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This ‘no man’s land’ around Groom Lake is patrolled constantly by infamous camouflaged guards, who travel in Cherokee Jeeps to monitor the borders and stop any unwanted visitors getting inside of the base.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Actually, I thought it was an interesting question. However, the base they keep threatening to shut down is the TTR.

Phil Patton claims the secrecy around black projects is 2/3rds of the cost. (Presumably development cost.) I can see some day the government saying "the hell with it" and build the projects in the open.

Again, look at the TTR. It used to be a notch less secret than Groom Lake, but in the past two or three years it got a website and the FAA documents became public.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronak
This ‘no man’s land’ around Groom Lake is patrolled constantly by infamous camouflaged guards, who travel in Cherokee Jeeps to monitor the borders and stop any unwanted visitors getting inside of the base.

Don't they drive big azz fords now or something? Sorry minor details

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Well yeah, big arse Ford Raptors! And they have no qualms about putting the pedal to the metal.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by boomer135

Well yeah, big arse Ford Raptors! And they have no qualms about putting the pedal to the metal.

hey gariac while your on here, any thoughts about this thread and what I'm proposing??? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Govt. secret stuff is at S4 or some other hidden place.
A51 is used for less important things.
Airspace is still restricted and so, they use the runway to test new projects.

It will not shut down and if it ever did it would be off limits for many, many years to come.
Security would remain for a very long time.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Govt. secret stuff is at S4 or some other hidden place. A51 is used for less important things.
reply to post by DogMeat

And exactly how do you know this? Please be explicit with your evidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Well Bob Lazar of course. Don't you know his word is gold??

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

I wish people would put all the S-4 rubbish to bed, there's exactly zero evidence that place actually exists.. Only the word of Bob Lazar lol

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Agreed. It's not at papoose at least. flown over it many times. Nothing there...

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
i could swear i heard on a TV show about area 51 that its pretty much already abandoned because there is so much radiation? cant remember but...

i know in the deserts in socal there are abandoned bombing ranges you can walk through with live bombs just laying in the dirt.

i think the military would gut everything and just leave the buildings. then hooligans would come in and vandalize anything left and eventually it would just get burned down.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by madmark

i could swear i heard on a TV show about area 51 that its pretty much already abandoned because there is so much radiation? cant remember but...

When above ground testing was done at the NTS, there was enough fallout to cause them to abandon Groom Lake for short periods. But certainly not forever.

i know in the deserts in socal there are abandoned bombing ranges you can walk through with live bombs just laying in the dirt.

They leave practice bombs alone. They are generally blue or have a blue stripe. I suggest calling EOD if you think there are live bombs on public land. That said, I couldn't get Nellis EOD to pick up a chaff pack.

If you visit the General Atomic sites in the desert, they often launch Predators with practice bomb. Again, look for the blue stripe.

i think the military would gut everything and just leave the buildings. then hooligans would come in and vandalize anything left and eventually it would just get burned down.

An example would be the old Nike sites around the bay area.
ACME Jef photos of SF88

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join