It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall effort against Arizona's Sheriff Joe Arpaio fails

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by NeoVain
(he already proved the birth certificate was a fake),

No he has not, his "experts" have never even seen Obama's birth certificate, and birthers have lost every single silly court case they have attempted, over 200 so far. Exactly what has he done with all the "evidence" he has collected on Obama?

Agreed here and if anything, this is my single biggest problem with Sheriff Joe. He spent a great deal of man hours (Volunteer or not) chasing his personal Moby Dick and he's made plenty of grand statements about how he has the goods and will show us all how big a fraud our President is. Yet..failed...every time. Without exception.

I think his whole case on that died, if not sooner, when Arizona's Attorney General demanded Hawaii certify it with names signed and people to stand criminally if it was fraudulent at that point. Looking for reasons not to accept it? They still had to accept what Hawaii sent back. That pretty well told me there was nothing to see here. At least in a legally qualifying way. Other things? Yeah I think the Birth Cert is hiding something...but it's got nothing in relation to what Arpaio claims and nothing relating to the President's legal ability to serve in office.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by DarthMuerte

the only thing i dislike with this is the whole "reasonable suspicion" part. this is america and people don't need to "show their papers" before they can go about their business.

reasonable suspicion cannot be based on race, and police have a very limited understanding of what establishing reasonable suspicion is.
Ok, I would say that if you are hispanic and standing around in a home depot parking lot with 30 other hispanics on a Monday morning that there is reasonable suspicion to have immigration give those guys a once over. Also, if you don't speak English and only speak Spanish there is a fairly good chance that you are not a citizen and you should be checked.
Profiling? HELL YES! We cannot afford to support our own people, we certainly don't need to support anybody else's people. I have a good idea, why don't we just adopt Mexico's immigration policy? That should make you libs happy, right? After all, only white Americans practice "discrimination" so adopting the policies of Mexico should be fine.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Feds dislike Sheriff Arpaio because he uses something the Feds lost years ago... common sense. "Racial profiling" is the Feds way of saying "stop messing with our undocumented voters"...

Unless you live in AZ, or have lived there (I was there for 10 years), you cannot understand just how big the illegal problem is. Furthermore, 99% of the illegals are Hispanic... the drug wars are spilling across the border, Americans are being kidnapped and killed, the Sonoran Desert south of Tucson is an environmental disaster because of all of the illegals dumping trash, and when AZ asks the Fed for help, they are told to "shut up and color".

The Fed solution for the problem? There is no problem. Just ask them. In fact, things are really great on the border... so great, the the Feds think nothing of releasing criminal illegals back on to our streets.

The Federal Gov't is a travesty of justice with corporate sponsors.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
The Feds dislike Sheriff Arpaio because he uses something the Feds lost years ago... common sense. "Racial profiling" is the Feds way of saying "stop messing with our undocumented voters"...

Unless you live in AZ, or have lived there (I was there for 10 years), you cannot understand just how big the illegal problem is. Furthermore, 99% of the illegals are Hispanic... the drug wars are spilling across the border, Americans are being kidnapped and killed, the Sonoran Desert south of Tucson is an environmental disaster because of all of the illegals dumping trash, and when AZ asks the Fed for help, they are told to "shut up and color".

The Fed solution for the problem? There is no problem. Just ask them. In fact, things are really great on the border... so great, the the Feds think nothing of releasing criminal illegals back on to our streets.

The Federal Gov't is a travesty of justice with corporate sponsors.
Great post! I would give you 10 stars for that if I could.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Thanks for this AlphaHawk.

Pinnacle of integrity, indeed.

And this is just some of the stuff we know about - one would be surprised at the ease and quantity of things that end up under the rug.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faust100f

Sheriff Joe, is the only law and order in Phoenix. When local hispanic suburbs refused to hire law enforcement to protect their citizens, he took control of the law enforcement efforts and viewed those cities as part of Maricopa County.

He is a straight shooter, honest, and that trait cannot be handled by the Black Barry Gang from Chicago. We now have a criminal element in the Whitehouse and in our Congress . . . we the people are now the enemy of the state . . . and before we they are finished they will destroy most of us. Sheriff Joe, is the only real law and order we have in this country . . . you know something is wrong when our armed forces can now fire upon our own citizens. Adios Amigos. John

are you from north korea, china, or iran?...or...are you sitting by your front door, dressed in camo, with an AR or an AK by your side, waiting for the black helicopters?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I this guy is profiling "Mexicans" while looking for illegal Mexicans, why is the reverse not true. Is it racial profiling to press one for English and two for Spanish, and that's it? What about all the other languages spoken? Why are signs and instructions written in English and Spanish and that's it?

If he is wrong to go after illegals than everyone else is wrong for catering to one group of immigrants. Or is it only racist when it fits our world views?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by buster2010

I this guy is profiling "Mexicans" while looking for illegal Mexicans, why is the reverse not true. Is it racial profiling to press one for English and two for Spanish, and that's it? What about all the other languages spoken? Why are signs and instructions written in English and Spanish and that's it?

If he is wrong to go after illegals than everyone else is wrong for catering to one group of immigrants. Or is it only racist when it fits our world views?

The Feds will label him as a "racist" simply for the sake of getting an emotional response... Take emotions out of the topic and look at it for what it is. AZ is a state being invaded by criminals. The Feds have a responsibility for the common defense of every state. That responsibility is NOT being carried out in AZ. When AZ tries to take matters in to their own hands, Barry Sotero and his band of merry marauders cry foul and sue AZ for trying to do what the Fed has refused to do.

And where is Greenpeace? You would think that a group that swears to defend the environment would be screaming holy hell about the millions of tons of trash being dumped in a sensitive ecological area. Why are they not protesting the border? Is the desert just too brown and "icky" for them to take notice?

It absolutely sickens me.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I find it amusing that the ones who oppose Sheriff Joe are the actual bigots and racists.

But I guess that I'll forgive them because they are so tolerant of others.

Funny you call people the word bigot. Since the word bigot was originally a derogatory slang used to refer to swiss men with large mustaches. People who use the word bigot are hypocrites...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I find it amusing that the ones who oppose Sheriff Joe are the actual bigots and racists.

But I guess that I'll forgive them because they are so tolerant of others.

Funny you call people the word bigot. Since the word bigot was originally a derogatory slang used to refer to swiss men with large mustaches. People who use the word bigot are hypocrites...

Hey, I've got a mustache! Regular cookie duster.

I guess that gives me permission.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Why do liberals/democrats always seem to support people who are criminals instead of regular people? The first thing an illegal immigrant does by coming here is break our laws by doing so. They are criminals and should be treated as such.
So all Hispanic people in America are criminals is what you're saying? That's quite an interesting point of view.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Why do liberals/democrats always seem to support people who are criminals instead of regular people? The first thing an illegal immigrant does by coming here is break our laws by doing so. They are criminals and should be treated as such.
So all Hispanic people in America are criminals is what you're saying? That's quite an interesting point of view.

Sure! Why not?

How did you even read that from his post?

Are you having technical difficulties?

The U.S. has plenty of illegal aliens running about, but let's face facts. The majority are hispanic. And that is not racist as I don't like anybody who is here illegally.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. The power has been on and off all day so I haven't had the chance to look for sources.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This guy Joe and his distain of the constitution finding support at ATS is amusing. I guess hispanics do not count when it comes to those same rights eh? Pathetic. Not to mention this guy and his take it easy on pedos history makes ya wonder why. Lets not even start on the corruption.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by technical difficulties

Don't be obtuse. I am not saying all hispanics, but I am saying all ILLEGAL immigrants are by definition criminals.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I am saying all ILLEGAL immigrants are by definition criminals.

And are all people who break the law criminals? Do you ever break the law? Are you a criminal, just like the illegal aliens?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I am saying all ILLEGAL immigrants are by definition criminals.

And are all people who break the law criminals? Do you ever break the law? Are you a criminal, just like the illegal aliens?
I am sure that in "dear leader's" eyes, I am a "criminal". Since I dislike his policies, I am "obviously a racist". Also since I am an armed combat vet, this also makes me "mentally disturbed" and a likely "terrorist" in his eyes. It all depends on who is doing the defining.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

It all depends on who is doing the defining.

I'm asking YOU. You define illegal immigrants as criminals, because they've broken our laws. So, using that definition, aren't you also a criminal? How are you any different if you break the laws of our country?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I agree that there is corruption among the law enforcement.

One thing you have to realize is that crime in Arizona especially in Phoenix is big business. Something has got to be done about it. There are safe zones and areas that you don't go anywhere near if you have the wrong color skin or are wearing the wrong color clothes.

There is reason it has been listed as one of the most dangerous cities in America on several occasions.

This is not a case of one bad apple spoiling the bunch it is a case of a few good apples getting screwed by and entire field of rotten apples.

Recalling a sheriff for promoting unconstitutionality is a valid argument but it wont solve any of the real problems facing the city.

EDIT
I actually live in the area have expressed my own personal experiences with racism in the past (FYI I am a white male).

I was forced to quit a job in a management position at a major retailer due to organized drug running through the company. Members were both male/female and black/white/brown (no asians as far as I know). Extreme violence occurred frequently on the premises along with massive amounts of theft on the order of millions a year from our store alone.

I don't think people who are commenting with complaints about illegal immigration believe that a very large portion of it is drug smuggling in exchange for access to the US.
edit on 2-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join