It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorola's password in a pill and electronic tattoo...........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Motorola is thinking creatively about improving online security. In fact, they want to turn you into the password.....

Always forgetting your password?

Tech company Motorola is working on some rather unusual solutions! They've unveiled an electronic ‘tattoo’ that sticks to your skin. It has a circuit so gadgets can identify you.

Another experimental idea is a password pill you swallow - that transmits a signal to devices outside the body. The pill doesn't need batteries because it’s powered by stomach acid - but Motorola bosses say it won’t be on sale any time soon. So you’ll have to keep remembering those passwords for now!

But judging by the way that technology is developing this maybe available next week, who knows...

Would you take the pill?

What could be the implications if something was of value and people wanted to gain access to it? Would this be a dangerous idea?

Just wondered what your thoughts were on this.....

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

techland.time.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't take the pill.. just use the old fashioned way..... memory.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
I wouldn't take the pill.. just use the old fashioned way..... memory.

I don't think I would either, it's a bit sad if you can't even write down a password on paper and hide it somewhere safe. You could always encrypt it and make up your own little code in case anybody happens to find it.....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Mark of the beast?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Not just no, but hell no! How hard is it to actually remember your passwords anyway? I don't have that problem and I use fairly complex passwords.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Not just no, but hell no! How hard is it to actually remember your passwords anyway? I don't have that problem and I use fairly complex passwords.

Yeah, I totally agree. How difficult is it to remember a password? What I have come to realise though since I first made this post is the fact that anything that is brought onto the technology market will sell regardless of how pointless or stupid it may be. As soon as the pill becomes available on the market just sit back and watch the sheep queueing up in droves. No matter how stupid the idea people/sheep will always throw their money at it. The next thing you know they will say that a new pill has to be taken once every year.........Mmmmmm

top topics

join