It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today my doctor told me I have brain fluid leaking into my mouth. How am I suppose to sleep over thi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I'm very scared of meningitis... I mean what could be worse than the cleanest part of your body (brain) in contact with mucus and bacteria. Anyone know what I can do to protect myself other than good hygiene? Any supplement or food?
edit on 2-6-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

Thank you for the detailed answers, I really appreciate it. Are you a doctor yourself?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'd really like to get information from her, my doctor doesn't seem to know much about the condition, I have an appointment with a neurologist in three weeks. Doesn't seem to be an emergency to them !

Send me a U2U if you get in touch with her.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No but searching the internets pipes I've found quite alot of people with the exact same condition. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

Can't say I blame you for being worried, I would be to, never heard of that. Some of the people I've read some of the replies to you sound like they have either medical knowledge or know someone who does gave you some good advice.

Glad to know you're going to get Medical help and hope it clears up soon for you, that you feel better.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I will tell you from experience due to the fact that I have hydrocephalus is that you need to find a good neurologist that can run the test needed to find the leak. Not to scare you but it can cause problems with motor functions. The test that was mentioned earlier is called a cisternogram and it does involve a needle into to spine to inject a radioactive isotpe. I just went through this test to tell me my shunt was blocked and not working. I have since had surgery to have this corrected. Anyway from my experience I would say that to be worried is okay but that with a good doctor everything will be okay even if it does mean surgery. And yes the test is uncomfortable. They do numb the area but you will not be put under at least not in my case. i know that each doctor is different in their approach. Hope this helps a little.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sleep very carefully, preferably with your leaky side on the upper side, just to be sure.

No really, I heard of a guy who had a tube from his brain to his stomach, put there by surgeons. Your problem in perspective isn't so bad. Just swallow your braaaiiinn juice like a good zombie.

One thing that might be of concern is infection. You don't want your brain fluid to get infections. So, maybe extra dental hygiene would be good right now.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
analyzes they are 100% correct ? like symptoms of sinusitis . in the harsh Russian climate, some people get them pierced sinusitis maxillary sinus and insert a tube zdorovo365.ru... or incision of the wings of the nose both methods do not cure a crippling national method really works you cut onions and inhale the smell of dried up following bulb again and again until they are cured without an overdose contraindications and operations even if you do not and will not help sinusitis to you 100% will not hurt

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot

I'm very scared of meningitis... I mean what could be worse than the cleanest part of your body (brain) in contact with mucus and bacteria. Anyone know what I can do to protect myself other than good hygiene? Any supplement or food?

Your body is filled with mucus and bacteria and I am not sure the brain is "clean" or even sterile. What I would worry about is the fact that you need surgery to correct the problem. It should be done quickly since as the story tells, it is possible for the normally harmless fluid to become infected and present a much more serious issue.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Hey OP, I'm sorry. I know how scared you must be.

But the best thing you can do is ignore it completely.

Not treatment. If they tell you you may need treatment, then you should do it... I'm not saying ignore the problem. I'm saying ignore the fear.

Be just a tad bit maladaptive, if you will.

Just live.

All those little awesome things in life--parts of yourself, your loved ones, your routines, your passions--just cling to them. They, along with God, will heal you.

ATS loves ya, OP.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The brain I'm using to write this thread is leaking liquid into my nose / mouth. I cannot sleep just thinking about it. Everytime I get the reflex to go for a kleenex I get scared that I'm gonna empty my brain liquid or whatnot.

At least chances of this CFZ liquid leakage killing me are near zero.

5mL sea salt + 2.5 mL pure baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) + 500mL pure water (bottled water if tap water has any taste or smell)

Get "Neti Pot" and learn "Jala Neti" , use above formula, do 2 times daily.

Stand on your head 15 min a day.

Sit quietly 20 min a day and meditate.

Avoid sex, or any sexual thoughts. Remain completely celibate for six months.

Take lots of vitamin C.

You'll be cured.

Your sinuses are connected to the pituitary gland, which governs the sex cycle. Jala Neti helps to keep the sinuses cleaned out. Vitamin C helps the body repair itself. Inversion therapy (head stand) reduces pressure on the sinuses, reversing the osmotic pressure in the membrane tissue. Meditation helps you to become aware of the sensations in the body and to monitor what's going on. As all yogis know, excessive sexual activity or sexual thoughts cause the sinus to leak fluid. Research all these tips on the internet. Satisfy yourself that you're on the right track.

Forget the doctor. He knows nothing.

edit on 3-6-2013 by KingErik because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2013 by KingErik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Your doctor should be doing something about it, if he/she says for certain from lab tests it's cerebro spinal fluid leaking out your nose. Sinus has a lot of bacteria and a infection getting back to the brain from the sinus is bad. Have you had any upper teeth pulled recently?? Pulling a tooth out can tear the crap out of your nasal sinus if a dentist isn't careful. I guess the obvious questions would be if some trauma happen in that area? If you fell and whacked yourself hard on the skull or something. Not to scare you but a tumor can cause it too. They should be shooting you off to the MRI center.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I would suggest not to blow your nose very hard too and don't sniff up, just let it flow itself. Surely don't jam anything like pads in there. Run a hot shower over your face to help clear it out and then used cold water, It helps shrink the blood vessels and swelling. I tell ya I am so allergic to cats and I can't even be in a room for very long with them. I use that method in the shower. I literally have to take a shower because cats lick themselves it dries up and then them particulates get in the air and just nail me. I get all choked up wheezing and everything. Strange because I grew up with cats with zero problems. Your body can change and get allergies later in life like that. Be eating something all your life and then BAM it hits ya. If you live with animals don't rule out the possibilities of you being allergic to them or something else in the home; it could be a contributing factor.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This is generally caused by a leak in the spinal tissue. Your brain will likely request more fluid to be developed to compensate for the leak. I would watch it for a while and see if it stops leaking or gets worse. Your options are to take a drug that increases the spinal fluid development or have some platelets injected in hopes that you can naturally clog the area of leakage. You may be more susceptible to have headaches and ultimately infection though the later is less likely. I would be more worried about the headaches until you get a better prognosis.

P.S. Holy crap I just read all of the replies... Note to self: do not post any medical advice requests on here. There are a lot of people who will make your issue sound worse than it is and give you bad advice. Don't listen to anyone except your doctor please.
edit on 3-6-2013 by Dynamike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ever thought of blowing some of your nasal/brain fluid into a glass, add some tea to make a drink to give to the kids? It might make them smarter..

I’m sorry my friend, just trying to make light of the situation. It’s easy to think the worst in things, when most of the time, it’s not half as bad as what we thought it would be.

You hang in there. Things will be ok my friend…

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike
[ Don't listen to anyone except your doctor please.
edit on 3-6-2013 by Dynamike because: (no reason given)

Don't even listen to your doctor. Get a second opinion. And a third opinion. And more..

You'll be amazed at how doctors can differ in their diagnosis.

In the end, you are responsible for your own health. Do some research, arm yourself with knowledge, so that you can have some meaningful discussions with every doctor you see.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'm frightened. First off, I'm 24, healthy, work outside, no drug use (except herbs occasionally) and I'm never sick. For the past 5-6 months I've started to feel some liquid coming into my sinuses down my nose. It feels like your nose is always leaking and there's no way to stop it. It's only the left nostril up in the sinus. Anyways, I also feel weaker, my neck feels stiff even though my throat feels fine. I have for the past couple weeks very strong headache and its a general one, I can't point where it hurts, the whole inside of my head.

Went to the clinic today for the 3rd time, they told me at first I had a depression ! Then I did test for meningitis, wasn't it. So finally we did test on 'spit" samples of that liquid. They found it was coming from inside my brain, its tasteless but simply writing about it horrifies me. What the heck. I'm going to the doc again tomorrow to see how we can proceed about patching the hole or something. The brain I'm using to write this thread is leaking liquid into my nose / mouth. I cannot sleep just thinking about it. Everytime I get the reflex to go for a kleenex I get scared that I'm gonna empty my brain liquid or whatnot.

At least chances of this CFZ liquid leakage killing me are near zero.

I know saying "Relax" won't help. I had an Uncle who had this.
They did a procedure through his mouth and nose and fixed it.
My Uncle was older and less worried to be fair..

You be good, trust me..Just crap at the moment

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
your body keeps making the fluid so your brain won't dry out. baking soda rinse for the mouth and good dental higene seems like a good idea. Since you won't be see the doc for a few weeks, take a piece of paper and start writing down any questions you have that you didn't already ask.

did you tell the doc about your leakage inn the ear? if not tell him next time you see him. this is fixable, but I know it is scary for you, hang in there and give us updates!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

Yes, definitely get a second opinion. Take good care of yourself. Best wishes for speedy healing and a good night's sleep!

reply to post by research100

And do whatever the little Bad Seed girl tells you to do or she will kick you with her shiny shoes! (her avatar is from the movie The Bad Seed with a terrifying little girl)
edit on 3-6-2013 by DiscreteParticle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

Thanks for the good advice mike, I appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join