It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE WAR WITH NORTH KOREA. WHEN WILL IT BEGIN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
With all the tension and activity on the Korean Penisular, when do you think that the war will begin?
With the U.S. moving B-1 and B-52 within striking distance of North Korea, the escalation only increases.

[Edited on 14-5-2003 by barba007]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
peninsular, now that's funny barba007!!!!

Part of me thinks any action taken will be in response to action taken by the loony dear leader. That said, who knows what will happen.

[Edited on 14-5-2003 by Bob88]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Excuse me, but you left out an option

NEVER gets my vote.

It will implode,

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
peninsular, now that's funny barba007!!!!

Part of me thinks any action taken will be in response to action taken by the loony dear leader. That said, who knows what will happen.

LOL
Sorry boyz a little typo there.
Yeah that's right laugh at my expense.
Dam Americans! Pick pick pick!

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I dont think it will happen. But if it does, my guess and hope is it will be small with Spec Ops forces or something.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Any action taken by the coalition of the willing as the new axis calls itself will be a reaction to something from the Good Leader. Premier Kim I predict will not risk destruction so the provocation incident if any will be faked or by a faction of the ruling party

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As N-C has observed" it won't" or "never" would have helped make this more accessible.
And something on "waR" - so imprecise.
The US will formally declare war.." that's a bit clearer.
After all -a sort of "war" with NK hasn't ended since 1953.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
barba007, no picking, whatsoever, I thought you were making fun of the way Bush says peninsula, nuclear is another funny words he says.

Why do southerners, or anyone else not from the great lakes region for that matter, butcher English language!!!

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   

barba007, no picking, whatsoever, I thought you were making fun of the way Bush says peninsula, nuclear is another funny words he says.

Why do southerners, or anyone else not from the great lakes region for that matter, butcher English language!!!

LOL

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I would have to say if there is a war and the US decides when it starts, then it would probably be over a year.
It will take them at least that long to replenish their 'smart' weapons.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Looks like the US is starting to push back at NK...

North Korea gets stern warning
By Joseph Curl
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

President Bush and South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun vowed yesterday that they "will not tolerate nuclear weapons in North Korea" and threatened the use of "further steps" to deal with the Stalinist regime's nuclear ambitions.

Standing shoulder to shoulder in the White House Rose Garden, the two leaders pledged to work toward a peaceful solution to the standoff with Pyongyang, which continues its bellicose rhetoric against its neighbor and the United States.
"I assured the president we will continue to work to achieve a peaceful solution," Mr. Bush said. "We're making good progress toward achieving that peaceful resolution of the issue of the Korean Peninsula in regards to North Korea."
Still, the two leaders said in a joint communique after their 45-minute Oval Office meeting "that increased threats to peace and stability on the peninsula would require consideration of further steps," although they "expressed confidence that a peaceful resolution can be achieved."

www.washtimes.com...

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Damn, that's rich coming from a Yank.

Any war in North Korea is gonna have to get the green light from China. In the meantime China isn't too happy about her erratic little neighbour having nuclear weapons. The US will use China to play a major part in solving this crisis.
I reckon China will put more pressure on North Korea to disarm and, without it's bargaining chips, eventually the dictatorship will implode.

That is of course, if Kim doesn't launch a big military attack on the US or South Korea in the meantime.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Roh knows where his bread is buttered.

But, seriously, wouldn't it just suck to live in S. Korea these days with that nutbag up North? (and not to mention the poor folks that live up there)

The latest on Japan:news.yahoo.com...

I don't see any reforms coming out of NK, I don't think that the Dear Chia-pet leader will swallow his pride and renunite w/ the south under the souths terms, no internal opposition, no democracy movement, nothing - so, I wonder what NK will be like in 5 years, or even 10? I can't see a silver lining, ever.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As if our occupation along the DMZ/De-militarized zone since the Korean war isn't a sign if intended war. It's that or we just like koreans alot.
Please going to war with korea despite its chiwawa attitude would be a disgrace for anyone calling them selves a Soldier. Koreans are great warriors don't get me wrong, humans by nature are. But to fight a nation that cannot take care of itself is dishonorable to me. Bring me a worthy opponent, someone who needs an @$$whoopin like Bin Laden or Saddam or even a punk gangster. It would be for no other reason than to do S. Koreas dirty work if we fight N.Korea. I say they have equipment and the training let them fight it out, thats what will happen just like Vietnam.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well a couple of weeks ago , I would of said by years' end .... but lately things have been cooling down . So I think it will never take place .

~Peace~

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My irritation is the line saying that by moving assets closer to the threat we are the ones escalating tensions.

Again, its the mean ol' Americans causing all the world's woes.
How tedious.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
My "elected" President knows very well North Korea will throw nukes around if he gets too testy with them. It will be a trade war.

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Inevitable if the current leader remains in power (on either side)

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
it will be a fight dont get me wrong. asians actually dont fight like cowards like the A-rabs. but the North has nothing that could defeat our technology unless the ruskies start giving them #. i think that if the do start giving them stuff we should march on moscow. they say there our allies but they keep giving our enemies nuclear reactors and planes and anti- tank missles and stuff.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I currently have one of my best friends in the whole world stationed in South Korea. We talk a lot about the things happening over there, and the only thing I have to say is it will be a shame if our leaders don't find a peaceful resolve to this situation. I would hate to lose more lives for something as little as this. How tedious? How dumb was my first inclination, but to each their own!
Mahalo

new topics

top topics

join