It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda cell producing saring gas busted in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
en.alalam.ir...

Iraq's defense ministry has broken up an Al-Qaeda terror gang that was working to produce poison gas for their attacks within the country as well as in Europe and North America.

The group of five people built two facilities in Baghdad to produce sarin and mustard gas, using instructions from another Al-Qaeda group, ministry’s spokesman Mohammed al-Askari told a news conference on Saturday.

The members of the cell were prepared to launch attacks domestically, and also had a network to smuggle the toxins to neighboring countries, and further afield to Europe and North America, Askari said.

The arrest of the cell members was possible because of cooperation between Iraqi and foreign intelligence services, he added.

Syria's Al Nursa, reportedly the most effective killing machine among the rebels in Syria, pledged their loyalty to Iraq's Al Qaeda and now the Iraqi gov't is making some headway in stopping these terrorist bastards by shutting their chemical weapon facilities. Iraq has been and continues to be rocked by deadly attacks from these terrorists and recently Al Nursa terrorists in Turkey were captured with the much feared chemical weapons. Reports keep coming in from Syria that these chemical weapons are being used and Assad is usually immediately blamed but as time goes on and these events come to light it's becoming more obvious it's these terrorist factions who are using these weapons.

The UN has recently black listed Al Nursa so lets hope when the US sends the Syrian rebels more millions none of that money falls into their terrorist hands or if the EU decides to arm the rebels none of those weapons will find their into their terrorist hands...
. The US Gov't hopes only 9% of the Syrian rebels belong to terrorist factions.

They're keeping their fingers crossed.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Damn, I thought it was Assad myself not that I blame him, what government or regime if you prefer would let their country go, but maybe he really was innocent on this one.

My bad...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I wonder if GW Bush will get all excited to hear that they finally found WMD in Iraq?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So Al Queda are terrorists in possession of Chemical weapons... Al Queda is fighting Assad's Army as the FSA...McCain visits and holds talks with the terrorist FSA forces fighting Assad's army.. So McCain has violated the NDAA... Arrest and Water Board that Traitor Scumbag.
edit on 1-6-2013 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I wonder if GW Bush will get all excited to hear that they finally found WMD in Iraq?
\

He might, but then again it's all his fault Al Qaeda is in Iraq to begin with.

top topics

join