It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish police run over protesters with a truck!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Go Google. this man did not die

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Dear SloAnPainful,

Yes, I'd like to try to explain what I meant by a "Strange Thread."

Stripped of it's non-essentials, it seems that the story is basically this:

"At a large demonstration a truck designed to knock down barricades did just that, scaring the *&^%$ out of a protester hiding behind it. Also a protester who was taunting the Police was hit with a water cannon knocking him off his feet."

All of the other stuff, calling it horrendous, or barbaric, or reckless or whatever, were opinions added by the OP and other posters. When their positions were questioned, they responded with vicious personal attacks.

You could take that same, abbreviated story I just wrote and apply it to dozens of protests in America and the rest of the world, indeed, it's fairly standard, I thought. In some countries, the government sends in armored military vehicles with many deaths resulting. I don't see why this one is particularly newsworthy.

So when this story arouses such passion, and hatred, and gets over 70 flags, I have to shake my head. It's almost as though people were lined up to flag what appears to be a rather mundane story.

If my explanation isn't satisfactory, I'd be happy to discuss it further.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thanks for the reply. I must have read your post out of context. But thank you for clearing that up.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Shades of Tiananmen Sq . At least it wasn't a tank this time.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Think about what would happen if there were massive unrest in the United States. And note that most of the time civil unrest is entirely justified, because the rulers of a nation are not doing what they should be doing, to say the least. Knowing the tactics and brutality used by American police, I would foresee exactly the same types of events happening here. It is the whole police and government forces mindset that is the problem, not necessarily the individual actions of the police or military themselves. And I used to believe that US soldiers would not fire on US citizens if something like this broke out in the US, but I have become more intelligent since then.

Looking back throughout history, in a variety of different types of countries, the government forces, including the police, despite the fact they have families of their own and relatives in the country, STILL partake in the violence against the "terrorists," who are really just people who want change. They are dubbed terrorists because it seems to give the government forces the moral highground, when in fact, they have actually vacated that high ground long ago, and THAT is why the people are protesting to begin with.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thanks, JiggyPotamus, you sound like you could answer my question.

Assume that for whatever reason a riot has begun with the associated minor destruction; burning cars, broken windows, stone throwing, spray painting buildings, you know the sort of stuff.

Further assuming that the government or police wants the riot to stop, what tools should they use? Tear gas is pretty much standard all over the world. Are water cannons brutal and violent? I've heard of one case where a protester, years ago, lost most of his vision, but that's about the worst I've seen. If there are deaths, they're not reported often.

So, what do you want to replace water cannons with, remembering that their replacement must be perfectly safe and equally effective?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

THIS IS THE KEY .

Whhhyyyy do you think they want guns out of citizen hands in the USA ?
Occupy Wallstreet .That's why . OWS created a wave,that extended AROUND THE WORLD .
Peaceful protesters,fed up with banks and corporations paying no taxes and killing the middle class.
It had nothing to do with wanting a free ride.

This sent a chill through the entire government . Oh yes it did .

This is why fuhrer bloomberg crushed it as he did . And they have NOT gone anywhere . OWS is quite active,only in ways where they cannot be arrested for legal peaceful protesting.
So Obama goes and craps on a few amendments ,making it illegal to peacefully protest ,and anyone doing it ,is now a TERRORIST,and then he craps on a few more amendments,and everyone re elects him .>_

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It seems like there is tension all over now. I'm glad to see some of these nations taking control back as we saw in Libya last year. It's a shame to see images like this though as usually it is innocents who have to suffer from the cruel deeds of their government.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I completely agree with every statement you have made in this thread. Most of those spewing hate at you have a lot of practice since they have been spewing it on these forums for years.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
so sadddd

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Turkey may use the army next.
www.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join