It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish police run over protesters with a truck!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadBrain
These Islamic countries NEED dictatorships.

Turkey is not an Islamic nation, it is a secular nation that has seen a politically Islamic leader becoming a dictator over them. They are seeing this affecting their lives, their businesses, their tourist trade, their global reputation and more, and they will not put up with it any longer - rightly so!

Your concept of Islam is again warped and "western" in order for you to make blanket statements and judgments about it. There are numerous sects within Islam, and each is different to the others, some are more moderate and some more fanatical - JUST LIKE CHRISTIANITY.

The people of Turkey will not allow a religious dictatorship to continue to control them, and they will overthrow their "ruler". Their despot has made a bad decision, because he has very few allies or sympathizers around the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

I am confident that Chuck will be thankful for your attempt of trying to speak on his behalf.

(is that you chuck?)

Chuck's posts are difficult to follow at times as previously mentioned so please forgive me all mighty one if I misunderstood what he posted. It does not change the fact that he justified the truck incident and the water incident and managed to find humor in it as well while throwing in some racist/bigoted comments to boot.

Why must you feel so obligated to defend these actions?

you also spouted off a lot of words about the death of the protester and then we find out that he is alive.

I clearly stated that I do not know whether or not the protester who got sprayed with the hose died or not, here let me remind you just in case you missed it and don't believe me...

Wow, this next one is not for the squeamish but there is no gore so should fall within the terms and conditions, please ignore the title of the video as we do not know whether or not this man dies. If the title is correct and this man did not survive, my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it hilarious that you ridicule me for not fully comprehending Chuck's post yet you clearly lack reading comprehension, the irony is strong in this thread

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

you are espousing irony by attempting
to be serious while posting a laughing
face on your reply?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Well at 0:05 on the video the protester is hidden from the drivers view not that I condone what happened but the driver cannot see him!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Perhaps I did not make myself clear, if so my apologies.

Let's pretend the said person who "cannot be seen" does not exist at all. Now that this individual no longer exists for jut a minute, let's focus on the crowd of people running from this truck moving at a very rapid speed. I am not sure if you watched both videos, but both videos clearly show people running for their lives...some narrowly escaping.

Thankfully you don't condone the initial attempt that even I made sure to explain in my OP could in fact be an accident, but this is a blatant example of reckless endangerment of human lives no matter which way anyone tries to spin it (I'm not implying you were spinning it, that was directed to a few others in this thread).

Peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by 2ndthought

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by charles1952
P.s. In the first of your three videos, there appears no way the protester could have been seen as he is crouched down behind that green material.

That's a good point, although he was near some other people that the driver would have clearly seen but he chose to drive towards them anyway. There's no excuse for that.

Having said this, the plough on the front of the truck is designed to prevent people falling under the wheels, so the protester would have been pushed aside by it.

The plow is designed to push people out of the way. Much like the plow on the front of a train is designed to keep range animals out from under the wheels.

The plows are not meant for people, what world do you live in? These plows are meant to do what the driver was doing, pushing down barriers that protesters make without any police getting hurt in the process. An armored street sweeper per say.

Your comment from one post previous to this one.

He knew the two he could see would move or dumb on them if they did not.

So... The driver could see the other two, but "dumb on them" if they didn't move. And what would happen if they didn't? At the trucks speed, they would get knocked aside by that plow.

Welcome to the real world.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This link has a couple of pictures of the guy...as well as some others that are pretty messed up:

intellihub.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

the truck was moving between 5-10 miles per
hour as evidenced by the fact that the truck
just pushed the barricade out of the way and
did not propel it into outer space.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

the truck was moving between 5-10 miles per
hour as evidenced by the fact that the truck
just pushed the barricade out of the way and
did not propel it into outer space.

The truck was going faster than what you claim, did you watch the 2nd video of the same incident from a different angle? Then you will see it is going faster.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DeeKlassified

post a link to the second video.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by DeeKlassified

post a link to the second video.

Another example of your "impeccable" reading skills, did you not read the OP?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a hint...the second video.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

the link to the second video has been taken down, it says by the user.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
Um...yeah...no...that was totally on purpose no question.

There is a lot of unrest in nations all over the globe,I wonder when we'll have an American spring?

You have to get enough Americans off the springs in their couch first...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

My bad, here is the same vid from a different link.

In my opinion the first video gives a better view of the situation.
edit on 6/3/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Corruption Exposed seems to expect me to respond, so I suppose I'd better. But what a strange thread this is.

I have learned, however, that my use of "Abdul" as a Turkish name is considered racist by some posters. Why, I have no idea. As I usually do when I have no knowledge of a subject I start with Wiki, in this case asking for Turkish first names. On the first page of an alphabetical listing I saw this:

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Baqi
Abdul Halim
Abdul Hamid
Abdul Haq
Abdul Jamil
Abdul Karim
Abdul Latif
Abdul Majid
Abdul Malik
Abdul Qadir

en.wikipedia.org...:Turkish_masculine_given_names
If it matters, they list 564 names and 11 start with Abdul.

I really hate to say this, but I will have doubts about the character of anyone who continues with the nonsense of calling me a racist. I note that no one has yet identified the race I'm supposed to be racist toward. And if anyone thinks that a religion is a race, (which is, as far as I know, impossible under a definition of race.) please note that I have no idea of who is fighting whom in these videos.

Ok, now that the race issue is settled (or should be under any view of common sense), I will repeat my claim that the hyperbole displayed in this thread goes beyond even normal limits. Speeding? Nonsense. He's not going 60 Mph, or 40, or even 20. If you're going to define "speeding" as faster than a man can walk, Ok, maybe, but that's a ridiculous use of the word. Crashing into a crowd? A crowd of three people? That's not even a good high school date. Crowd, bosh.

I don't believed anyone here has "justified" the use of the truck. Some have pointed out that it looks like an accident. That was all the OP wanted, evidence that it was an accident. He even said he'd "stand corrected" if evidence was provided. So far he hasn't.

The water cannon? The only objection so far is that I find it humorous? That's it? Nobody seems to be denying that the protester was intentionally and brazenly asking for it. Would you feel better if I said it was a breathtakingly stupid event on the part of the protester? Perhaps if I said it was fit for America's Stupidest Videos you'd feel less offended?

This thread had the possibility of offering some insight and discussion. I love that, I welcome it, that's why I'm on ATS. One side of the discussion appears not to have shown up. And yes, I am upset by the lost potential this thread might have started with.

And I'd be happy to clear up any of this which is hard to follow.
edit on 3-6-2013 by charles1952 because: Bracket problems

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It is clear the police did that on purpose. The cops wanted to spread those people out so, by their logic, ramming though the crowd would scare them. Judging from the response from the people it only angered them more. The Turkish government has no experience dealing with this kind of response from the common people. Sooner or later something really tragic is going to happen and they will reach the point of no return; full on revolution.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

A man shouts to get the attention of the water cannon truck, and presents himself as an obvious target. When nobody pays attention to him, he kicks the truck, then gets back into water cannon range shouting (I believe) the Turkish equivalent of "Shoot me, you %^%@, I dare you! Come on *@$*)$, shoot me."

HAHA! So true! Someone should take that clip and put this music to it!

Someone give that man the DARWIN AWARD

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

You're absolutely right, that would be a perfect pairing. I can imagine looping the video, playing it back and forth, all sorts of things. And there is no way to not admire Boots Randolph (unless, of course, you see that type of music as sinful). I'd even get my tux on to attend the Darwin Award banquet.

By the way, after watching Boots perform, the screen showed a number of related videos. I clicked on the one to the right of Boots' performance, it was Chet Atkins playing "Yakety Axe" (the same song on a guitar with some lyrics). What struck me on that one was that Chet appeared to be identical in appearance to George W.

(Seeing as this is ATS, I should mention that they really are the same person, and George was attempting to corrupt the world through music.)

Then I found another video showing Chet Atkins, Boots Randolph, and Ray Stevens playing it. I know I'm overdoing it, but here it is.

Thanks again for the return to sanity.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
But what a strange thread this is.

Can I ask how this is a "strange thread"? Some of the replies have been strange, but this story has real merit to it and people seems to be overlooking that and are focused on peoples replies rather than the the topic itself...

Regardless of what happens in Turkey there will always be protesting and there will always be people try to sop them. Endless cycle of free expression being supressed...

-SAP-

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join