It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Million Dollars in a Bus Stop........

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
Why does no one google this stuff before they post it this is from years ago www.inznews.com...

Thats what I keep saying.
ATS users keep making new threads based on the one single solitary website they read something on, without bothering to do the slightest bit of background research first... like a google search.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

I'm just guessing here...but maybe the OP figured we'd all find it a really neat and different type of story...even if it wasn't breaking news this week.

Personally? I think the OP hit a home run on this choice. It sure seems to have sparked creative ideas to get the money as well as dreams of what to do once holding it ....even if the odds are obviously 0 of it ever happening. Gotta dream sometimes, eh?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Why does no one google this stuff before they post it this is from years ago www.inznews.com...

ATS users keep making new threads based on the one single solitary website they read something on, without bothering to do the slightest bit of background research first... like a google search.

I will state again what I stated earlier in the thread....

Just because things have been around for a while, it doesn't mean that everybody in the world or indeed every member here on ATS has seen it. Posts here on ATS come and go in the blink of an eye, if you don't log on for a few days then you are bound to miss something in your absence. So please give people the chance to be informed about something they may have missed. Just because you may have seen it before, doesn't mean that others have, so please don't moan about it, you don't have to add anything to a thread. I did research prior to adding the thread, but couldn't find anything, so hence my posted thread........

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by alfa1

I will state again what I stated earlier in the thread....

Just because things have been around for a while, it doesn't mean that everybody in the world or indeed every member here on ATS has seen it. Posts here on ATS come and go in the blink of an eye, if you don't log on for a few days then you are bound to miss something in your absence. So please give people the chance to be informed about something they may have missed. Just because you may have seen it before, doesn't mean that others have, so please don't moan about it, you don't have to add anything to a thread. I did research prior to adding the thread, but couldn't find anything, so hence my posted thread........

The "Oscars" of the world have to hate on threads that they didn't think of themselves. Personally, I don't care if this was from the 50's. Great thread. Too bad you can only use your feet though....I wonder if that security guard was armed...
S n F

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Just because things have been around for a while, it doesn't mean that everybody in the world or indeed every member here on ATS has seen it. Posts here on ATS come and go in the blink of an eye, if you don't log on for a few days then you are bound to miss something ...

1. Cant believe you are seriously advocating the idea of posting exactly the same subject every few days "for those who missed it", because thats what it sounds like. Of course people miss threads, but personally I dont agree with the idea of endlessly repeating the exact same topic every few days.

2. That wasnt what I was even talking about.
I was referring to the practise of seeing something mentioned on one webpage, once, and then instantly rushing to start a new ATS thread about it.
You see it all the time with "not sure if this is true..." type of threads... where a google search would have answered the question long before anyone replied.
In this thread were currently in, the OO had...

Is this true? If so, where is it

...as a perfect example.

A simple google search of "bus stop 3 million" (or whatever) would have instantly answered all that, as well as showing up the "3 million dollars" claim for being bogus.

But like I said, a google search is too much for some people.

1. Read one webpage
2. Post a new thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1...posting exactly the same subject every few days

sounds like c__list...

Originally posted by alfa1... mentioned on one webpage, once, and then instantly rushing to start a new ATS thread about it.
Google... it's what's for dinnah! *trout*

The whole concept is thrilling... playing at people's greed muscles and seeing how far they can go with their natural instincts and bodies.
Brilliant. Scary. [color=lightgreen]Beautiful.

[ASIDE: One can argue til the cows come home about searching for threads prior to posting... people SHOULD do this! Do they all do it? Of course not. Should each be banned? No. Some probably will get their posted threads deleted or moved or archived...

There really is no need to back-and-forth about posting ... if you'all wish to fight about posting guidelines go to the board forums and read the posting guidelines that the mods penned for your eyes and mind-to-finger filtering-ability ...]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join