It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No.10 Downing Street Rocked by Secret Love Affair

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Not much detail I'm afraid but it is being reported that the PM David Cameron has held crisis talks over an affair between "middle-aged figures" that has left him stunned , the Identities of people involved cannot be disclosed but one source has said "This revelation is dynamite" .
My curiosity is off the scale at the moment and my hopes are high that this could spell disaster for Cameron and his crew .

David Cameron has held crisis talks at Downing Street after being told of allegations of a sensational love affair which has potentially significant political implications for him.
For legal reasons, The Mail on Sunday cannot disclose the identities of the people involved or any details of the relationship – even its duration – other than that they are middle-aged figures. The affair has now concluded

The Prime Minister and his aides also discussed the possible fallout should details of the affair become public – and how such disclosure could ‘blow out of the water’ any major political set pieces planned by No 10. One senior source told this newspaper last night: ‘This revelation is dynamite. None of us could believe it when we first heard it. Then we just thought, “What a complete mess”.’
www.dailymail.co.uk... ater.html

Time will tell

edit on 1-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, on a quick check, there is only one female Cabinet minister, which heavily reduces the options for heterosexual affairs.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

It seems to me that after the recent revelations including the allegations against Nigel Evans , Patrick Mercer and the jailing of Chris Huhne this story could be the straw that breaks the donkeys back .

Given the tone of the story and the strength of the quotes used if true the implications for the Government could be great ..... I hope

Vive la revolution .

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Interesting. I wonder why exactly the identities of those involved 'can't' be exposed. If this is anything like the No. 10 child abuse whitewashes that have occurred recently, we will probably never find out who it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There seems to be an emerging consensus in other forums and blogs (based on nothing but idle speculation and tittle-tattle) that the affair is heterosexual, involves members of one party, and that no Cabinet minister is implicated. So who knows? Possibly the wife of a cabinet minister and some cad on the back benches? Or BoJo and just about anyone in a skirt?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SummerLightning

I had a look at this tittle tattle too. My first thoughts were that logically, this affair would have to be homosexual to cause such a crisis for the tories as they are all so anti gay marriage. ( I thought William Hague for some reason!) I'm not sure I understand how a man / woman affair could cause such a scandal unless it was Cameron himself and someone else?

The DM article states

David Cameron has held crisis talks at Downing Street after being told of allegations of a sensational love affair which has potentially significant political implications for him. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... html#ixzz2V30raxMx Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

We all know he sent some very affectionate letters and texts to Rebecca Brooks. Then again the article says it doesn't involve anyone serving in the cabinet, does that rule Dave out?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm more interested if they begin screwing the country, not too bothered if they're screwing each other.

Sex is sex, so what.

edit on 2-6-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
I'm more interested if they begin screwing the country, not too bothered if they're screwing each other.

Sex is sex, so what.

I suppose it would depend on who they were screwing (such as corrupt media figures that are facing criminal charges) , not to mention the 'traditional family values' the Conservative party is supposedly built around. The voters would finally lose all confidence in them.
Cue the arrival of the next party that will really make a difference (not!) , probably an ultra right wing party like UKIP. Problem, reaction, solution!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

( I thought William Hague for some reason!)

That was one of the names that crossed my mind , I guess the shared hotel room from a while ago suggested that .
I doubt it is DC but perhaps someone close to him , no doubt a firm suspect will emerge in the coming hours or days as clearly people do know and these things always leak out one way or another .

I just hope that when a name does emerge that it is a
revelation and not a

reply to post by MysterX

I'm more interested if they begin screwing the country

Begin ? , mate they've been screwing the country since they got into power .

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SummerLightning
Possibly the wife of a cabinet minister and some cad on the back benches? Or BoJo and just about anyone in a skirt?

That would not be anywhere near as dramatic as this is being portrayed to be. With the previous "scandals" being what they were those who are aware of this story and calling it explosive would have a decent frame of reference for knowing what would really be explosive.

I'm thinking this involves a couple of male cabinet ministers - and probably two who voted AGAINST gay marriage too.

Lets hope this comes out. I don't like the idea of stories like this being hidden and covered up. Unlike so much other trash and gossip the papers print these days, this story actually IS in the public interest.

The people of this country have a right to know the truth when there is the potential for corruption or improper behaviour in a public office.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My money's on Eric Pickles shagging Theresa May.

bowk

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Sex is sex, so what.

I would tend to agree with you, but there is potential for massive corruption here. If a politician takes a risk and involves him or herself in a compromising circumstance they are then open to blackmail.

Remember Dr Fox and his male friend? He was the Defence minister, FFS!

I don't care if someone is boinking someone else, but I do care if it contradicts their position and makes their decisions suspicious. We're supposed to have politicians acting on behalf of their constituents, but they cannot do that with ethics and conviction when they have a secret hanging over them that can be used by other parties.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Thanks for that mental picture it just put me off my breakfast

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by DISRAELI

It seems to me that after the recent revelations including the allegations against Nigel Evans , Patrick Mercer and the jailing of Chris Huhne this story could be the straw that breaks the donkeys back .

Knowing the Tories, it could actually involve a donkey...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Knowing the Tories, it could actually involve a donkey...

Now that did make me laugh out loud

edit on 2-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Just sayin'!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Its the usual ploy .. A big story , e.g. Parliamentary work for payment, exposing greedy corrupt politics, is quickly buried by a tale of intrigue. The affair being spoke of is probably the Nick Clegg and David Cameron come out.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If you look at the story in the DAILY MAIL you can see sillhouettes of a couple of people! Could this be a clue to who the couple who had the affair actually are????

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm certain it involves one or all of the following- Rolf Harris, Camilla Parker-Bowles, a kangaroo, Prince Charles, Wendi Deng Murdoch & Mrs Cameron

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by strongangelstar
Its the usual ploy .. A big story , e.g. Parliamentary work for payment, exposing greedy corrupt politics, is quickly buried by a tale of intrigue. The affair being spoke of is probably the Nick Clegg and David Cameron come out.

I was actually just thinking this too. What's more damaging, obvious corruption of our government, proven and caught on video, or a couple of adults boinking behind the scenes? I'm thinking the gov is preparing to sacrifice a couple of members in order to knock this corruption story off the top spot.

I can imagine that every time a little revelation is made about the corruption case, something will be leaked about the affair in an attempt to drip distractions out and keep it going.

Of course, if the affair is that incredible it could be the other way around, but I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join