It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia is really standing up to America now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Oh really? Would you mind explaining this in detail, considering the US bailed out the Soviet Union when their grain exports failed to produce according to the communist model of centralized production, and the US built up England after the war. I'd like to hear more about how you believe UK and USSR propped up the USA.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

All things considered, places like the UK, Israel, Japan... they would be gone the day after the U.S. fell.
reply to post by jiggerj

Why? Because one outmoded F-15 fighter squadron at Lakenheath really makes the difference doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

Ultimately, what was the difference between the Russian and the German gulags? Both are cut from the same cloth of Totalitarianism. It's just that we didn't really know about the Russian gulags till the 70's when Solzhenitsyn wrote of it. In the larger scheme of things, Russia was being invaded by Germany, hence it was to their benefit to join the allies, not cause they were good guys.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Sorry pal,if the U.S. falls it will have a devastating,domino-effect across the entire globe.
reply to post by mamabeth

Sorry, no it wouldn't. Actually world affairs are not the international political to-and-fro-ing. If only someone could sneak into the Bilderberg meeting that our taxpayers are forking out so much for...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
i have no reason on this except that probably russia is sick of the usa thinking they rule the world.

and to be honest so am i,when u.s president speaks they expect everyone to listen.......why?

i couldn,t give two hoots what he says and i,m not surprised that russia don,t either

great britain?don,t make me laugh...the great should be taking from us cause we are now just americas puppet

sad how far we have fallen in this world.

Do some research and find out who owns whom.
America NEEDS Britain. Britain owns the USA..

Easily researched. I wish this Myth would go home

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

We are the only bastion of strong powerful freedom on this planet.
reply to post by Ricky Revere

Really beginning to despair at who is joining this site...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

hey incase you missed it if it wasnt for USA you would be goose stepping & learning to serve germany
reply to post by blackz28

USA? Its that an acronym for Fighter Command, or the Eighth Army? Surely not the Red Army...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Just three words "RARE EARTH MINERALS" Duhhhh

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately for Russia however, the US has almost always been on top militarily speaking, even during the Cold War when Russia was still the USSR. And how did the US know of their advantage? At first they didn't. It was not until the advent of accurate intelligence gathering measures, mainly consisting of spy planes and flipped Soviet agents, that the US knew that they were winning the Cold War by a good measure. In fact, it was information directly from a Soviet double-agent that allowed Kennedy to stand up to the USSR during the Cuban Missile Crisis. So what is my point with all of this?

My point is that the US will likely know if they need to fear Russia's military capabilities. They are not the same superpower they once were, although with the advent of nuclear payloads and other technologies, they are still a big player, although they have always had more pressing issues than military spending...It took the fall of the Soviet Union for them to realize this and actually do something about it. But make no mistake, as Russia is still not a democracy in my opinion.

Anyway, if the US feels that Russia poses a great threat, they WILL back off in certain areas. If they do not do so, either we have too many psychopaths in high places, which is possible, or there is not a real threat from Russia. And the fact that they are sending NBMS's to patrol these areas honestly does not mean all that much for the average American. Another thing that is extremely important to realize is the mindset of the Russians. See during the Cold War the US referred to the USSR as an "evil empire," who was hell-bent on destroying the US, which was not the case. The Russians lost so many soldiers during WWII, and even in conflicts before that, that they were absolutely sick of bloodshed, plain and simple. I don't know if this has carried over into the newer generations of Russians, but if it has, they will avoid war at all costs, and only commit to a fight if they feel they have no other way out.

They will pose and whatnot, just like all nations will, to save face, but at the end of the day, due to Russia's precarious economic situation, and current leadership, I think they will have to be pushed into a conflict. They just have too many other things to focus on at the moment. The main reason they would even want to do anything would be if their imports and exports, profits, are being interfered with. And I think America's next major conflict, if it does not come from within, from the people, is likely to come with China and North Korea. And let me tell you how much bad blood the Russians have with the Chinese. To think that they would automatically side with the Chinese just because they are fighting the US is to be too hasty in my opinion. Anyway, anyone can speculate all day long. But we will see I suppose.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This doesn't feel comfortable because I've seen this before somewhere. Like a John Titor story. Like several years ago, some Russian who may be nameless here plotting to take over Alaska. You know, where some oil is. Where old grudges are. The north and the south poles eh? With the wrong kind of electromagnetically-based weapon, that can really put a run in the world's pantyhose.

Maybe the poles will shift, then what will happen?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by intrepid

I would think that China is a huge problem for Russia.
China could win any land war by sheer numbers.

And win without firing a shot. And here's how.

If I was in charge of China I'd declare war. I'd send in 1 million soldiers and have them surrender.
Next day. Send in another million and have them surrender.
day 3. Another million and surrender.
day 4 - 30 the same.

Then after a month of this I'd ask Russia if they want to agree to terms.
Which they would more than happily agree to anything at that point.

How would China move 1 million troops into Russia without Russia knowing? Last I heard, teleportation hasn't been invented yet. You would need a massive amount of troop carriers, or if you made them all walk, a massive amount of supplies. The likelihood of that amount of troops getting that far into Russia undetected is laughable.

This is twice the ridiculous. First the surrendering breaks the rules of engagement of China's people towards themselves. And nothing prohibits Russia from considering this surrender a feint and further annihilating the dumbest move in the universe. China's soldiers would kill their own generals over that plan. It's war, not give-up.

Second, a million soldier wave is a potential. It would not be three million though if the first one gets annihilated. I suppose with the way that China gets through borders, if not in person than in product, they'd do it through shipping containers. Teleportation might not be a thing to fret about yet but stealth and cloaking might be. Those de-molecularizers are around the corner too. Planes and parachutes come to mind.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Arolexion

People have indeed said he is a Leninist/Marxist....do we have to say which one?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Or OP, it could be something else. Remember our President just needed to win the election and then he would have more flexibility.

How soon we forget.

Tell Mr. Putin

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Dragonfly79

The "American Dream" was brought to an end with the current president.
It is difficult realizing that the U.S. is being destroyed from the inside out

Actually it was GW Bush that sent us down this hellhole. BHO just put the pedal to the metal to ensure we got there.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
I have a friend who just returned from a two week trip to Moscow. His experiance was quite interesting. His conversations with average people gave one view but the reality of the situation is quite different.
For example one young lady, when asked what they thought of Americans, told him "we will own you" very Kruschev of her but the reality of the situation is somewhat different. This was from a young lady that was amazed that his home had three bedrooms and two full bathrooms and was built in 1979. Her own small appartment had plumbing that could not handle the flushing of used toilet paper.
Maybe Putin could get that modern plumbing thing worked out for the citizens of Moscow before he tries to put new boomers under the ice cap.

Citizens of Moscow have modern plumbing... Russia isn´t a 3rd world country. People have internet, on average faster than in US and at cheap cost. There are just some older houses in poor districts, which haven´t been renovated in years.

I am living in post-soviet country currently. Many of the older buildings are built during the same time as in Russia, post WW2 decades. They have modern plumbing systems originally + most of these are just renovated. The structures are quite good overally. If not renovated, some systems fail as it happened to her, although it is quite rare, even in Russia.

Why the size differs is simply because of the culture. Most European nations prefer apartment buildings to houses. Here for example, over 80% people live in apartments. US has more houses.

The house I am living at was built nearly 600 years ago... Small renovation was enough to turn the systems into modern ones.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think besides all the propaganda that news networks use to suit their agenda,there are some traces of truth mentioned by them every once in a while...Discrediting RT entirely is like discrediting all the other outlets for everything they say....Although I don't trust any of them,but I can not go as far to say that they are totally useless.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by crazyewok

Oh really? Would you mind explaining this in detail, considering the US bailed out the Soviet Union when their grain exports failed to produce according to the communist model of centralized production, and the US built up England after the war. I'd like to hear more about how you believe UK and USSR propped up the USA.

Three words - The Marshall Plan

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabin

Citizens of Moscow have modern plumbing... Russia isn´t a 3rd world country. People have internet, on average faster than in US and at cheap cost. There are just some older houses in poor districts, which haven´t been renovated in years.

WOW that's such a great achievement.My props dude. Going from Internet Cafe's as the main way to use internet in a high speed (in average faster than in US) at home in just two years must really made you Russians feel so superior and proud.

So I guess finally you don't feel the need anymore to emigrate to USA or Canada. At this point I ask myself why did you even come to North America in the first place. Modern plumbing, faster than USA high speed internet...You finally aren't that lame anymore

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Don't slam the Russians they are very intelligent, tough and resourceful. One day we will be allies I bet. The person deserving of your wrath is the author of this thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by Cabin

WOW that's such a great achievement.My props dude. Going from Internet Cafe's as the main way to use internet in a high speed (in average faster than in US) at home in just two years must really made you Russians feel so superior and proud.

So I guess finally you don't feel the need anymore to emigrate to USA or Canada. At this point I ask myself why did you even come to North America in the first place. Modern plumbing, faster than USA high speed internet...You finally aren't that lame anymore

Your ignorance simply shows your lack of knowledge... and is another example of a not-so bright, ignorant American... (unfortunately there are many like you, although luckily not-so-many here in ATS, than in many other internet forums. )

Internet Cafe´s two years ago main way? That is not true... Just some myth.

Many people go to US because of the American Dream which the media paints. Most come back though, as its not different there, if not even worse... Less opportunities for people without good finances.

And I´m not Russian either.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join