It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia is really standing up to America now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28
hey incase you missed it if it wasnt for USA you would be goose stepping & learning to serve germany

Here we go again.

Yeah and without the UK and USSR the USA would be isolated and bankrupt or also serving the same third reich masters.

Fact is the USSR, USA and British Empire was a team who relied on each other.

To claim otherwise dishonners the deaths of those on all sides who died.
edit on 3-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Look on the R T Website, even American people are glad to see America being stood up too now, everyone hates America, yes even Americans, yes great news, America wiped off the map would make many in UK happy & Europe, not too sure as to why everyone hates America, maybe it's the leader of USA folk hate so mush, sorry I'n honestly not sure, but we sure are glad to see Russia back under Putin, that we can all say.
hey incase you missed it if it wasnt for USA you would be goose stepping & learning to serve germany

If it was'nt for Russia absorbing the german army you mean?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Look on the R T Website, even American people are glad to see America being stood up too now, everyone hates America, yes even Americans, yes great news, America wiped off the map would make many in UK happy & Europe, not too sure as to why everyone hates America, maybe it's the leader of USA folk hate so mush, sorry I'n honestly not sure, but we sure are glad to see Russia back under Putin, that we can all say.

Sorry, but that is the kind of quote that is fuel to the fire of the OPs comment. If is wasn't for Russia then Germany may just have been victorious - credit where it is due to the Russian military and it's people who as part of the Allies (no individual country) prevented that. With all due respect, don't take all your history from HBO, that's one of the reasons threads such as these get the number of comments they do.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
All of you that are SO unconcerned about Russia, you should be. Putin will not hesitate to act. He's not one to cry wolf and yes Russia still has a formidable military.

People are unconcerned because Putin wont act without provocation, he wont just act with no reason!

And obviously Russia have a formidable army, they always have been, and always will be.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Dude thats a bit harsh. I dont think most people hate Americans. I have problems with the US government and foreign policy. That is not the same as having a problem with Americans in general. People are people the world over.
That being said. I think it is better to have two opposing superpowers instead of one. It keeps things in check better. Unless things go wrong.. Then they really go wrong..

The thing is, Americans have allowed their government to cause so much death and destruction around the world, and they still allow it to go on. So until the American citizens stop their government for applying more terror on the world, then there will be a lack of respect for Americans.

Americans go on about being armed all the time, like they have some kind of control, but there's no point having all those weapons if you're not going to use them to bring in a proper government!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4
russia needs to form its own nato with china india who ever........americas done

The had "their own NATO." It was called "The Warsaw Pact." None of those nations want anything to do with Russia anymore.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

If it was'nt for Russia absorbing the german army you mean?

Which it could not have done without American material support, so you go full circle. OTOH, if it were not for the US and the UK, much or Europe would have ended up under a Stalinist dictator rather than a Hitleresque dictator.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

I'll take "Dangerous Chinese expansionism" for the block.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Here we go again.

Yeah and without the UK and USSR the USA would be isolated and bankrupt or also serving the same third reich masters.

Fact is the USSR, USA and British Empire was a team who relied on each other.

To claim otherwise dishonners the deaths of those on all sides who died.
edit on 3-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

No, the US and UK were the good guys. Most people forget that the Soviet Union helped start WWII by an alliance with the Nazis that divided up Poland and the Balkains. (See Molotov-Ribbentrop pact). If one thief turns around and attacks another thief, it does not make the first thief a victim.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by uncommitted

Sorry, but that is the kind of quote that is fuel to the fire of the OPs comment. If is wasn't for Russia then Germany may just have been victorious - credit where it is due to the Russian military and it's people who as part of the Allies (no individual country) prevented that. With all due respect, don't take all your history from HBO, that's one of the reasons threads such as these get the number of comments they do.

LOL, but if it were not for Stalin's pact with HItler, WWII may never gotten off the ground.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes but CNN & BBC & SKY TV in UK are all told what they can and not show on TV news, it has been like that for years,

I think it would be nice if you could provide some proof to back up your claim that "someone" tells these media outlets what to broadcast.

Regards

link   

Aks Eastern Europe how glad they are to see Russia and Putin back in the saddle again.

link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by uncommitted

LOL, but if it were not for Stalin's pact with HItler, WWII may never gotten off the ground.

Doesn't really matter in the long run does it? That is like saying Joe Kennedy's advice to his president to stay out of the war allowed the Axis to gather strength. The fact is the Russian army (and its people) hurt the German army a lot more than those brought up not to know the plain facts can understand.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

And to be candid, if Hitler has landed troops on the British isle, the war would have been entirely different. It would have taken the US out of the game for much longer as we would have not had the staging ability as we had. Germany nearly won the air campaign during the Battle of Britain it it was their reluctance to send troops over the isle that kept the Brit's in the game.

That being said, they could have reinforced their Eastern campaign and actually made it into Moscow which could have then lead to Japan taking Kamchatka which would have taken Russian manufacturing of the T-34 (one of the best tanks during the war and what saved mother Russia) out of the game.

But alas, most of this we speak of is sheer speculation as Hitler was already crazy by the time the Eastern front was well into play so it could have just decided to pull all of his troops and invade Iceland.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

China would be problem to everybody, simply by sheer numbers and high number of military trained people.

Although, I believe you underestimate Russia. I would not be surprised if China had more problems with Russia than US. Russia is half the population of US, although the military is obligatory there, so nearly every man has military training. Also the overall fitness of the nation is much higher than in US, less overweight people. Certain parts of Russia, if they were willing to fight for them, would be able to fight like animals, especially Caucasians. These men have no fear and can do a lot of harm with small numbers anywhere. I would not say Russia has much lower technology than US, the scientists are not weak and there is lots of money, oil money in the country. It is very hard to predict how strong Russian military actually is, as there might be so much hidden agendas, the country is very rich in oil and the oligarhs have extreme finances behind them. Very hard to predict anything, although this is a country no one should underestimate, that is for sure.
edit on 3-6-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I'm am not discounting Russia.
Certainly fighting Russians in the winter would not be an undertaking for the feint of heart.

I'm just illustrating that China is not a push over either.

And China is routinely pushing it's border limits. Especially with India.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

That's not true. At least not in my experience, and that's coming from a Brit of 45 years of age.

I don't see or hear any anti-American sentiment, or general bad feeling towards Americans in Britain.

We tend not to like 21st century imperialism shown by the USA and the UK for that matter, but you could describe the Brits as more anti-murdering innocent brown and tanned people around the world, rather than anti-American...becuase we don't like some of the things that you do, doesn't mean we don't like you.

I don't like my wife farting in bed...doesn't mean i don't like her.

UK her and I agree with everything you said.......i also dont like it when your wife farts in bed either...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

DOe it matter in the long run? Perhaps, perhaps not, but one must remember, and never forget, that the Soviets were not victims of WWII, but they were co-instigators.

And the fact is, had not the Soviets gotten material support from the US, they would not have been able to hurt the German Army.

All in all, it was a long supply line and General Winter that pushed the Germans back from Moscow. Hitler ignored the lesson of Napolean.
edit on 3-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I guess this is way out of the context of the actual OP, but not sure I understand your point. The Russian high command may have been an instigator, you are now saying they could only do that with American help so you are saying America then effectively helped Germany start World War 2? Where do you see this leading?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

i couldn,t give two hoots what he says and i,m not surprised that russia don,t either great britain?don,t make me laugh...the great should be taking from us cause we are now just americas puppet
reply to post by sparky31

That's not how it works; the colony that was forced by it's mother country 200 years ago by the Rothschilds to re-open its national bank does not have said country as its "puppet". Do you know what operates out of Clyde base? (unfortunately)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join