It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia is really standing up to America now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This report is really good news, every day that goes by now Russia is making America behave better in the world skys & sea's and putting war equipment in many parts of the world where the USA are not able to operate due to distance from home.

Russian nuclear sub patrols to resume in southern seas
DEBKAfile June 1, 2013, 9:21 PM (GMT+02:00)

Russian nuclear submarines will patrol the South Pole as well as the North Pole for the first time in 20 years, an unnamed military official told the state Itar-Tass agency Saturday. Deploying Borei-class submarines, designed to carry 16 long-range nuclear missiles, in the southern hemisphere follows President Vladimir Putin's decision in March to deploy a naval unit in the Mediterranean Sea on a permanent basis.

rt.com...

edit on 1-6-2013 by Alternative4u because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So putting subs with nukes in the north and south poles is a good thing?

You want another cold war?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Look on the R T Website, even American people are glad to see America being stood up too now, everyone hates America, yes even Americans, yes great news, America wiped off the map would make many in UK happy & Europe, not too sure as to why everyone hates America, maybe it's the leader of USA folk hate so mush, sorry I'n honestly not sure, but we sure are glad to see Russia back under Putin, that we can all say.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
World power needs to be balanced.

Look at the corruption in the upper levels of our government and understand that they have made this corruption legal. Bribe the parties with campaign contributions then use the campaign money to bribe the media. The bribes are not called bribes anymore, they are allowable expenses.

There isn't a hell of a lot that the citizens can do about this mess.
edit on 1-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sounds like a defensive posture. Russia says don't interfere with Syria......but we want to ARM them.

I think if we arm them, we will have another Al-Qaeda on our hands. I bet the Russians are still laughing at how that turned out for us.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok.. I've stopped laughing now. Did anyone ever think that nuke sub patrols ever stopped ? This world is headed for a nuclear war sure as anything.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Look on the R T Website, even American people are glad to see America being stood up too now, everyone hates America, yes even Americans, yes great news, America wiped off the map would make many in UK happy & Europe, not too sure as to why everyone hates America, maybe it's the leader of USA folk hate so mush, sorry I'n honestly not sure, but we sure are glad to see Russia back under Putin, that we can all say.

You want to wipe out Americans?

Why are you confused about our dislike of our government. It DOES NOT represent us.. Things were hijacked and propaganda was the only thing propping it up. Americans are for freedom and life.. Do you now see why we hate our government these days?

Don't get it twisted though. We LOVE America. The Land.. The Idea.. The people.. Not the world government version ..

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How someone could see more nuclear warheads in a firing position at Sea as a good thing is beyond me. I don't fault Russia for returning to a position of Nuclear parity, but I don't think it's the right direction either. I'd prefer to see the U.S run fewer (not 0...just fewer) patrols than see Russia increase theirs.

This has been coming though. The reporting in 2011/early 2012 for arms reduction terms spelled out the Russian intentions to return to blue water ballistic submarine patrols 24/7/365 by the end of 2012. I guess he meant to expand that to be the entire world as well. Additionally, Putin is replacing the entire Missile sub fleet with a new class of boat and missile as well as the bomber fleet and land based launcher/erectors.

It's just modernization all around in Russia lately and the Bear is returning to it's place as a Super-Power by the looks of things. That sure looks like the intention anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
John Titor's 2015 prediction seems more and more likely the way things have been shaping up the last few years.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It is funny because I just watched a film called "threads"... It is an old film dealing with a nuke war. It was started by russia/america but of course the UK got roped in as well. It was not so much about the war but more so about the possible aftermath...

I certainly wouldn't want to go through that but it did raise some interesting questions...

We are scared of gangs taking over our lives and stealing our property so we have government... But guess what? The gov then takes over your life and steals your property! lol

In the film they took over buildings and the food supply and shot "looters" (people looking for food)... They put people into concentration camps etc and didn't even release food to the people because "they are going to die anyway"...

Where did they get the guns? Oh yeah, the people paid for them!

But now it is even worse cos the gov has massive underground bases which you can bet your bottom dollar has all the latest and greatest tech inside! I bet they have mounds of food supplies in there too! Should keep them nice and cosy for quite a while if this were to happen! And if they know they have that security would they be that bothered? Probably not! Afterall THEY will be okay!

And all paid for by the people... Man, what an awesome racket they have going!

Unfortunately I can see a nuke war happening, it is absolutely crazy but I can see it... We really are THAT stupid!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Everyone has forgotten about and discounted Russia ever since the wall came down. Meanwhile their economy has been booming and their technology advancing all below the radar. Interesting times to say the least.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
This report is really good news, every day that goes by now Russia is making America behave better in the world

Russian nuclear submarines will patrol the South Pole as well as the North Pole for the first time in 20 years

Not clear to me what the connection is.

I mean its not like they had abandoned patrols because the USA told them not to do it... and now they're defying that rule.
The only reason they stopped was the political chaos and lack of money after the dissolution of the USSR.

But anyway, I'd prefer Russia just to patrol its own borders.
Just like I'd prefer the USA to patrol just its own borders.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Good news would be that Russia is no longer a dictatorship.
That they don't kill reporters.
And that political prisoners were released from prison.

Putting nuclear subs into southern waters is not anywhere close to being what someone would consider good news.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i have no reason on this except that probably russia is sick of the usa thinking they rule the world.

and to be honest so am i,when u.s president speaks they expect everyone to listen.......why?

i couldn,t give two hoots what he says and i,m not surprised that russia don,t either

great britain?don,t make me laugh...the great should be taking from us cause we are now just americas puppet

sad how far we have fallen in this world.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If Russia had clean hands, they wouldn't be playing into the "globalist" war games!!!!!

Wouldn't you think Putin would be spilling the beans about the corrupt World Banking System????

When are you guys going to get it?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

America wiped off the map would make many in UK happy

All things considered, places like the UK, Israel, Japan... they would be gone the day after the U.S. fell.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't see Russian nuclear subs off the coast of Antarctica anytime soon.
There are international treaties banning anything nuclear near Antarctica since the 1950's, I dont think Russia will ignore those.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Good news would be that Russia is no longer a dictatorship.
That they don't kill reporters.
And that political prisoners were released from prison.

Putting nuclear subs into southern waters is not anywhere close to being what someone would consider good news.

Good news would be that America withdraws from Europe. As for that Russia is no longer a dictatorship. And do tell me is America a dictatorship? yes it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Russia has a few issues they disagree with US over. However overall they have much more in common and that becomes clear when you see Russia joining NATO excercises over the next year and when in came to a true chance of conflict Russia stood staunchly beside the US over North Korea. Russia has its own interests but, over all the US and Russia tend to be working together on far more than they are working against each other.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Sorry pal,if the U.S. falls it will have a devastating,domino-effect across the entire globe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join