It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Disk Opens in Lotsa Files?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey,

I have a game on disk, I haven't played it for several months..But when I was playing it, I'd put in the disk and it would auto run.

Now when I slot in the disk, the game opens into lots of files, and I can't located the run application.

I'm sure I've just "Unzipped" or "Decompressed" it somehow (something like that) - But I ain't quite figured all that out yet lol..

Help?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
without seeing whats happened and even if this is a legit not cracked game etc...etc..etc...theres no way really to give help...perhaps some screenshots might help others as i'm off to bed shortly

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There is an option with most operating systems to autoplay certain discs. There may have been a time when a disc was inserted and someone accidentally had it open the files, and set it to do that by default for all other discs.

I believe the way to fix this is to right click on your cd/dvd drive, select properties, then look for an autoplay option.

If you are unable to find that option reply back with what operating system (windows/mac/etc) you are running and i will see if i can find some detailed directions

DC

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If you are using windows 7 check this out

Open your control panel
Select "Hardware and Sound"
Select "Autoplay"

Here you can change the defaults for all types of media, for a game disc the one you are looking for will be labeled "Software and Games" Change that setting to "Install or Run" or "Ask me every time"

I would suggest the "Ask me every time" option, so you have a bit more control over discs that get put i your computer.

DC

top topics

join