It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is something wrong with the internet again? My browser keeps redirecting to other sites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I've ran my anti-virius, deleted cache/cookies, but I'll type in a address and something totally different pops up. I'm in Ohio and my buddy down in Georgia is experiancing the same thing. Anybody else?

I saw a thread where people were getting logged out. Could this be related?

Most of the sites are no name search sites.
edit on 1-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
get malwarebytes and make sure its upto date then let it have a look, could be one of many nasty things

might need a reboot into safemode to catch the blighter

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I've ran my anti-virius, deleted cache/cookies, but I'll type in a address and something totally different pops up. I'm in Ohio and my buddy down in Georgia is experiancing the same thing. Anybody else?

I saw a thread where people were getting logged out. Could this be related?

Most of the sites are no name search sites.
edit on 1-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

Just curious about one thing? Do you have adblocker? If not, you may try this and see if it helps.
adblockplus.org... you will have to enable it for ATS, but you can control what sites you allow. Some sites have pop-up adds that auto direct you. With this free feature those sites will be blocked. Depending on what browser you use there are different versions.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
get malwarebytes and make sure its upto date then let it have a look, could be one of many nasty things

This ^. Get Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Run those, and report back.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Some routers are susceptible to attack, they can be taken over.
The attacker changes your DNS servers in the router.

The DNS servers change the internet from ip addresses to domain names and vice versa.

Just another avenue to check out if your pc comes back clean. try a factory reset on your router.

Take your pc to a Friends house and test it there. if it works fine then i can guarantee your router is compromised.

Good Luck

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

I ran that and still had problems.

And then you point out the obvious...Did you reboot?

D'OH!

It seems to be running fine...for now. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by Maxatoria

This ^. Get Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware. Run those, and report back.

I'm going to check out the SAS tomorrow. I didn't reboot after running my scans. oops.

It seems to be ok at the moment. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Does it only happen when you search using the address bar?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Careful with this one-or to anyone with the symptoms!-, if it's what it sounds like, those redirected pages will install all kinds of stuff from password keyloggers to Bitcoin mining that slaves your computer. Also, that track processes on task manager, do any seem to be over running and or repeating when you close them? Does it only re direct on one browser? When helping to correct the best I could of someone's computer, I found that they had the redirection on their main browser, also the same browser that they said downloaded what may have been Adobe Shockwave when they clicked on an unfamiliar webpage that was brought up in a search-claimed gaming tips site?

From what I read for example a lot of the anti virus software hasn't been updated to this recent malware(March or so of this year?), as it attaches itself to windows running files, such as iexplorer(not to be confused with the Lexplorer virus).

With that watch for false positives so that you don't corrupt your OS. Safemode while you destroy the files, registry clean too and reboot asap. Try SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot on Safemode then clean registry with CCleaner then reboot in normal mode. Another tip, disable all running adds ons to your browser, do a check to see if they are legit, also update by installing and re installing the programs such as Java and Adobe Shockwave. Search on Bleepingcomputer, etc., and your browser for more help.

Sorry it's a bit scatter brained but hope that helps. Will also update more if I find that computer still has issues.
edit on 1-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

It happened with both the address bar and search engines. Once I rebooted, things returned to normal. I'm going to download SAS in the morn and run that as well, just to be on the safe side. Three virius programs didn't find anything though.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I downloaded and ran SAS. It found all sorts of things that niether Norton or McAfee did. Well, Norton did find Suspicious.Cloud.7.EP. But that was it.

SAS found a lot more little things that were appaerntly buried deep.

Thanks.

top topics

join