It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A New Claim of Hard Evidence for the Existence of Other Universes

page: 1
6

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I came across this article and found it interesting. I thought there might be some ATS members who would also find it to be interesting.



Is our universe merely one of billions? Evidence of the existence of 'multiverse' revealed for the first time by a cosmic map of background radiation data gathered by Planck telescope. This past week, the first 'hard evidence' that other universes exist has been claimed to have been found by cosmologists studying this map of the universe from data gathered by the Planck spacecraft. They have concluded that it shows anomalies that can only have been caused by the gravitational pull of other universes




"Such ideas may sound wacky now, just like the Big Bang theory did three generations ago," says George Efstathiou, professor of astrophysics at Cambridge University."But then we got evidence and now it has changed the whole way we think about the universe."


Source




posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I wonder how long science catches up with those of us who regularly take trips in the astral realms. Seriously though this is great and it is studies such as this that encourage scientists to peruse less obvious scientific fields.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting... Some would think a multiverse is unlikely, but I on the other hand think its more than likely true.

For those who believe in the "Big Bang Theory" would have to know that this Universe "our universe" had to explode from some kind of space. Which in theory means that we may not be the only Universe that "Banged" within this space.

Those are my thoughts
. Anyone else have a different theory?



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner
 


I find it very fascinating (Vulcan eye brow raise) and interesting!
Thanks for sharing 1questioner!
While I could sit here and MAX out my limit on my post, I will keep this brief. As we have yet to fully explore the oceans on our own planet. Yet we are aware of so much out there.. I like it, and always like to read on these topics!
Just to think, somewhere in some other universe, I am Rich, and living it up. While here, I am just a peasant slave to the system we have created for ourselves. This brings up more questions than answers IMO.
Thus there is no ending to the knowledge we can obtain. How much knowledge can our minds hold? I wonder if there is a limit to how much memory our brains can handle. And what happens when we reach that cap?
We are humans who set human parameters to everything.. Our logic by default is flawed, and we are stuck in this on going error loop. Nothing from something error code 66543-8



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I view the multiverses as being kind of like a whole bunch of bubbles......
They may even deform at the edges where they come into contact with other bubbles.
But they remain separate because they are of different" energy levels"
breaking through to the neighbours universe is done via Black Holes.or perhaps white holes....
At least i think these are points of contacts where nergy bleeds from one to the next.
silly me...



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There is only ONE Universe, but scientists are only just beginning to realise how big and small it actually is.
There can't be more than one of 'all-that-exists' - they need to rethink their terminology and definitions - that is all.


Originally posted by 1questioner


"Such ideas may sound wacky now, just like the Big Bang theory did three generations ago," says George Efstathiou, professor of astrophysics at Cambridge University."But then we got evidence and now it has changed the whole way we think about the universe."



No, it still doesn't make sense three generations later.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit
 


Multiverse explains a lot, particularly time paradoxes, but I like the holographic universe the most.



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was hoping someone else would highlight the following quote taken from the article and comment on it:



The unexplained motion has hundreds of millions of stars dashing towards a certain part of the sky at over eight hundred kilometers per second.


I find that to be astonishing! I mean, what is the nature of our universe to cause such incredible movement? It truly is mind-boggling!



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So are there and infinite amount of universes, what lies beyond the multiverse ?

edit on 1-6-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rom12345
So are there and infinite amount of universes, what lies beyond the multiverse ?

edit on 1-6-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)


There isn't a beyond the multiverse. It is still the Universe. always has been, always will be.
I am in the Universe now as I am typing this, and if I travel out of the Solar system, out of the Milkyway, out of our Galaxy cluster, out of the collection of galaxy clusters scientists used to think was the boundaries of the Universe (all-that-exists), then I am still in the Universe (all-that-exists).



posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner
 


Here's an interesting presentation by Brian Greene on the subject:

Is our Universe the only Universe?



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Space is endless and eternal. This vacuum, due to certain quantum effects, may become unstable and create an expanding bubble of energy, which gives birth to a universe. Google "false vacuum" and "chaotic inflation theory".



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Parallel Universes fascinate me. Just think there could be "another you" out there, maybe a more successful you, or a good/evil you. And what about your friends/loved ones that are no longer here on our Earth but may be on other Earths. And what if there is an Earth that nuked itself? Makes you think



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
Interesting... Some would think a multiverse is unlikely, but I on the other hand think its more than likely true.

For those who believe in the "Big Bang Theory" would have to know that this Universe "our universe" had to explode from some kind of space. Which in theory means that we may not be the only Universe that "Banged" within this space.

Those are my thoughts
. Anyone else have a different theory?


Not a different theory...I'm just happy that some classic questions are being answered...this conundrum has bothered me since childhood. Right along with...who made God??? Also...Into what space is our own universe expanding????????? Or...what is the purpose behind music and why do humans love it so much???? Is there a color that no one has ever seen before???



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
Parallel Universes fascinate me. Just think there could be "another you" out there, maybe a more successful you, or a good/evil you. And what about your friends/loved ones that are no longer here on our Earth but may be on other Earths. And what if there is an Earth that nuked itself? Makes you think


There are infinite yous...on infinite planets.
However...there are infinite number of planets in which you don't exist as well.

There is an infinite number of earths that nuked itself...and infinite number that hasn't.

Have fun with that thought.



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Multiverse theory has always fascinated me greatly. There has to be something beyond our observable universe. Science has explained a bit thus far but truthfully is only at the tip of the iceberg. There are areas of science that have yet to be discovered.

The universe is a chaotically beautiful place. The more we discover the more mysterious it will get.



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
Interesting... Some would think a multiverse is unlikely, but I on the other hand think its more than likely true.

For those who believe in the "Big Bang Theory" would have to know that this Universe "our universe" had to explode from some kind of space. Which in theory means that we may not be the only Universe that "Banged" within this space.

Those are my thoughts
. Anyone else have a different theory?


I have ALWAYS believed in the mulitiverse theory.

We once believed that planet Earth was all alone in a sea of space...until we realized that we were actually a part of a solar system, with 8 more and a star..

Next we thought our solar system was the only one of its kind, until we realized that that our sun was just one of billions upon billions of stars..

Then we learned that these systems made a galaxy, in which we thought the 'Milky Way" was the only one, until we learned that there were billions of those..

Now, its easier to see that 'the' universe is likely just 'this' universe, and there are likely billions more.....



posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I view the multiverses as being kind of like a whole bunch of bubbles......
They may even deform at the edges where they come into contact with other bubbles.
But they remain separate because they are of different" energy levels"
breaking through to the neighbours universe is done via Black Holes.or perhaps white holes....
At least i think these are points of contacts where nergy bleeds from one to the next.
silly me...


Yes; so many bubbles that they are countless..

I believe that these multiverses /parallel universes are the places of dreams- that our minds allow travel to many of them to keep us connected to them.

That's why the events and people in dreams seem so 'real'- its because they are.

Dreams and Parallel Universes



posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by voudon
I wonder how long science catches up with those of us who regularly take trips in the astral realms. Seriously though this is great and it is studies such as this that encourage scientists to peruse less obvious scientific fields.

I've also taken a few trips into the astral, and yes, most scientists seem stuck in/on 3D reality. The Multiverse is a given IMHO. This
is good news. I hope it expands the thinking of, well, everyone.



new topics

top topics



 
6

log in

join