It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Invasion of North America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SouthernForkway26

One thing you can count on is that Americans will likely have their guns for some time to come. I would also bet that the American military and private militias alike would assist Canada in the event of an invasion.

Never understand why you think your guns will save you from a military attack... Look what happened in Waco.. A few guns up against tanks or the like....Not a chance...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I guess the bigger question is which countries have the equipment to move hundreds of thousands of troops and tanks to the US? Can only be done by Sea or Air and thats going to be a LOT of naval transport equipment as well as planes that are the equivalent to the US C-130 cargo transport plane. A LOT of those would be needed as well. It would sure be tough for the US not to see any of that coming. Would be akin to shooting ducks on a pond or fish in a barrel.

And as stated earlier, the US population is the most hevaily armed in the world. If the US thought it was tough fighting an insurgency battle in little ole Iraq, then imagine what an invading army would face in the US especially in places like say south central LA or any of our heavily, heavily armed inner cities? Imagine what the convoys would face out in the country-side as they trek through the land. The rifle population in the southern US is ridiculous. Instead of shooting deer from 300 yards out, the rednecks will be picking off troops.

Nah...invading the US is just a bad, bad idea.
edit on 2-6-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

Well I would like to think if suck an attack would happen it would be unorthadox in every sense of the word, Russia maintains an ancient airforce as well as a modern one just look at how they played with British airspace 3 years ago

www.dailymail.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

I personally seen these as little subtle reminders at the time, maybe like the Chinese submarine was when it popped up in training just off the US Pacific coast.

A we are here situation... and though it seems silly you know we are a real potential threat.
edit on 2-6-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineEvolution

Dimitru Duduman would likely agree with you somewhat--particularly about China on the West coast and Russia on the East coast.

Here's the one about China and Russia Striking:

www.handofhelp.com...

A list of Duduman's dreams and visions is here:

www.handofhelp.com...

Michael B is his grandson and also has some prophetic dreams and visions listed here:

www.handofhelp.com...

Duduman graduated from this life a few years ago. He noted that the events he predicted would begin to come to pass not too long after he left this life.

= = = = =

[color=6699FF]Certainly PREPPING IS BETTER THAN REGRETTING or worse.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Well, in the first place, there isn't a military on the planet who can project troops inside our borders, so military attack is out.

In the second place, lets assume the invaders had access to star-gate technology: Congratulations invaders: 100 million Americans with guns and 200+ years of Yankee ingenuity, whose resistance (mostly for the fun of it) would make Afghanistan look like a walk in the park.

Behind every blade of grass, inside every manhole or cave, disguised as grandmothers, firefighters, school children. With guns, zip-guns, home-made explosives, home-made chemical weapons, and the know how required to rig your supplies, your electricity, your fuel, your medicine, and so on.

The bad guys wouldn't stand a chance.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thats fine that Russia "played with" the Uk and that a Chinese sub "popped up". That has nothing to do with the astronomical feat of trasporting hundreds of thousands of troops and hardware thousands of miles. The events you mentioned arent even relevant in the slightest.

Originally posted by RAY1990

I guess the bigger question is which countries have the equipment to move hundreds of thousands of troops and tanks to the US? Can only be done by Sea or Air and thats going to be a LOT of naval transport equipment as well as planes that are the equivalent to the US C-130 cargo transport plane. A LOT of those would be needed as well. It would sure be tough for the US not to see any of that coming. Would be akin to shooting ducks on a pond or fish in a barrel.

And as stated earlier, the US population is the most hevaily armed in the world. If the US thought it was tough fighting an insurgency battle in little ole Iraq, then imagine what an invading army would face in the US especially in places like say south central LA or any of our heavily, heavily armed inner cities? Imagine what the convoys would face out in the country-side as they trek through the land. The rifle population in the southern US is ridiculous. Instead of shooting deer from 300 yards out, the rednecks will be picking off troops.

Nah...invading the US is just a bad, bad idea.

Well I would like to think if suck an attack would happen it would be unorthadox in every sense of the word, Russia maintains an ancient airforce as well as a modern one just look at how they played with British airspace 3 years ago

www.dailymail.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

I personally seen these as little subtle reminders at the time, maybe like the Chinese submarine was when it popped up in training just off the US Pacific coast.

A we are here situation... and though it seems silly you know we are a real potential threat.
edit on 2-6-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Typical ATS Bull#. The same folks who gloat how the US couldnt defeat an insurgency army in Iraq are now talking about how the US can be invaded and defeated??? Whatever. The insurgency battle fought in Iraq is NOTHING compared to what an invading army would face in the US. And we arent even talking troops here, im talking citizens!!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

imho,

you are forgetting or seem to be forgetting . . .

1. Even though Congress prevented Bill C from selling/giving the Chinese the former Long Beach Naval base--they STILL succeeded in leasing it . . . probably essentially forever.

2. That Carter helped insure that the Chinese now have bases on BOTH ends of the Panama Canal.

3. That there are persistent reports of uniformed Chinese military with Mexican military doing training forays near our border and some insist, across our Southern border.

4. that the Chinese shipping company COSCO has MASSIVE amounts of container tonnage easily converted to troop carrying . . . and the PLA is the major owner of COSCO.

= = =

And that doesn't even get into the "mother ship" possibilities.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Typical ATS Bull#. The same folks who gloat how the US couldnt defeat an insurgency army in Iraq are now talking about how the US can be invaded and defeated??? Whatever. The insurgency battle fought in Iraq is NOTHING compared to what an invading army would face in the US. And we arent even talking troops here, im talking citizens!!

However . . . you seem to be forgetting . . .

1. Massive numbers of citizens are dumbed down; rendered passive; consumed by such priorities as "Dancing with the Stars; etc. etc. etc.

2. The younger generation has been literally brainwashed with massive amounts of media and computer games. Sure, the computer games have all manner of fighting and gore involved. But what happens the first drop of real blood on such gamers? Do they fight realistically and effectively or whimper in the corner because their make-believe world has been shattered?

3. Perhaps MOST critically . . . the PTB have evidently decreed that the USA MUST be shredded and reduced to ashes to insure an easier overt establishment of the NWO on the ashes of the USA.

4. THEY CERTAINLY have a long list of means to neutralize the populace--mechanically, with various RF wave forms; chemically; with exotic weapons; with engineered plagues etc. etc. etc.

5. I no longer consider our great wealth of armed patriots a sure thing. I do hope the vast majority stand up and are counted extremely effectively against all enemies foreign and domestic. However, it seems to me that even among those somewhat prepared with 2nd amendment rights . . . many are still mostly lacking in significant prepping. I hope I'm wrong about that.

6. I just think a growing percentage of our populace has already been co-opted by the massive brain-washing and other neutralizing strategies of the PTB.

I HOPE I'm wrong. I hope I'm very wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The thread title is "Hypothetical Invasion of North America"

Not only the US, relax, no need to get butt hurt about Iraq.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
an other way it could happen: foreign troops en mass in Mexico then head north, How? large Cargo ships, this is not the first time this a has been thought of, Invasion USA , is one, Staring Chuck Norris www.imdb.com... the only thing is... they used oil drums , not cargo ship containers as troop transports not to be confused with the troop supply containers www.globalsecurity.org...

Still not proven but thought of:, similar to size but with internal vent and toilets and lighting. One ship , could hold a" brigade" worth of containers usmilitary.about.com... ... an other ship could hold all the heavy EQ need for a first strike, tanks, armor vehicles, support gear, and ammo.

Have the ships been built , why yes they have, China no doubt www.hellenicshippingnews.com... so yes a Invasion of the USA is possible, never say never, for it could happen.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
1. How many ships filled with men and supplies does a country need to stage a credible invasion of the united states?
2. How long would it take to build those ships?
3. How long would it take to load and supply them in a deepwater port?
4. How long is the journey from this hypothetical staging area(s)?
5. How do satellites, recon flights, and civilian planes and ships miss a traverse of this size over this much time?
6. How do they coordinate and communicate with one another?
7. How do they keep their supply lines open?

Answer 5 out of 7 of these questions and then -- maybe -- we can discuss a hypothetical of this nature beyond fantasy role-playing games, alien invasions, and stargates.
edit on 1-6-2013 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

29,000,000 cargo containers passed through the US's 30 busiest ports in 2009.
They are already built, and operate in and out of US waters.
It would be much easier to load them in warehouses.
11 days seems to be the average.
Once they have taken major port cities, supply lines could be unchallenged.
They would need to rely on special ops forces that work in the dark.
The logistic network is in place, they would just need to commandeer it.

Just playing devil's advocate- this would be a failure that dwarfed the Tet offensive, and it would be wholly reliant on crushing American moral. I think a failed operation would stir the ire of the western world and we would see the demise of Russia and China. This would revitalize an American dependency on our allies, it would level the playing field for Europe, and it would begin a new era of economic growth.
edit on 3-6-2013 by onthedownlow because: ooops, format wasnt right

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thats fine that Russia "played with" the Uk and that a Chinese sub "popped up". That has nothing to do with the astronomical feat of trasporting hundreds of thousands of troops and hardware thousands of miles. The events you mentioned arent even relevant in the slightest.
reply to post by princeofpeace

I think they do hold some relevence... when your nation has it's defences built on modern era warfare, I think it is vitally important to remember nations like Russia are still maintaining it's old aircraft, as well as the new.

Your asking a question of how a nation could move thousands of troops, tanks, rations, ammo, medical supplies etc. Well I provided an example of what a nation could use and not only that they are examples of foriegn military forces popping up where they should NOT be.

I think since this is a hypothetical debate about how, why and where an invasion involving US mainland could happen this brings atleast a bit of substance to the debate.

If I was the Russian to lead a sneak attack into the US, I would use all options on the table... including submarines and outdated airplanes... anything that could bring in that extra vital troops and supplies. Heck I'd be expecting my commie brothers to be sailing to the US on bloody tug boats if it will get them their.

Afterall 10 men behind the enemy lines is 10 men too many for the enemy is it not?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
OK so a prospective invading force forms en masse in Mexico. I guess if the Military totally shuts down it's intelligence gathering and basically ignores everything they are seeing then maybe that could be a threat but since that wouldn't happen ..

A successful ground based invasion of the mainland US by a foreign country is essentially tactically impossible.
Their is no scenario that gets around the obvious geographic issues no matter how hard people try to come up with one.

Red Dawn cant and wont happen .

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

just think 20 -10 men containers to one site, all over the nation to do nothing but to cause as much as possible damage to the infrastructure, bridges, dams, power, and gas lines to over take the local LEO,s and State police , then to engage military bases one by one.

Sea ports and air bases would be their first target, then the army and training camps, but for this to work the 2nd must be outlawed or over turned, could this be why the 2nd is under a Attack?? one has to know it would have to come from the inside for the fall of the US to work.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Thank you for your reply. Personally I would never underestimate an enemy...The United States certainly has the most technologically advanced military in the world, but technology can be an Achilles heal. Why do you think the Chinesse are spending so much on cyber warfare. How strong would the U.S be if the satalites where blown out the sky for example. How much chaos would ensue if electricity was turned off.. I do not think it would take long before people where killing each other in the streets.. A gun behind everyblade is not much of a defense from bombs dropping from the sky or tanks...

Hopefully such an event never happens though..

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Thank you for your reply. Personally I would never underestimate an enemy...The United States certainly has the most technologically advanced military in the world, but technology can be an Achilles heal. Why do you think the Chinesse are spending so much on cyber warfare. How strong would the U.S be if the satalites where blown out the sky for example. How much chaos would ensue if electricity was turned off.. I do not think it would take long before people where killing each other in the streets.. A gun behind everyblade is not much of a defense from bombs dropping from the sky or tanks...

Hopefully such an event never happens though..

It has nothing to do with underestimating the enemy and is all about the unrealistic tactics and logistics needed to launch a successful ground based invasion of the mainland US.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

It has nothing to do with underestimating the enemy and is all about the unrealistic tactics and logistics needed to launch a successful ground based invasion of the mainland US.

Turning off the electricity would not be difficult.. Such networks are regularly breached. There would be internal fighting on the streets in no time... What would happen then if you turned off the satellites. Turning off communications.

As I said.. Never underestimate an enemy. If a few Arabs in caves can enter the most restricted air space in the world armed with a few box cutters... What could a cyber army do

If world war three is ever fought.. Its my prediction it will not come down to military might, but cyber might.. No network is 100% secure...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Its feasible... not in the, "Red Dawn" type scenario... but in a reverse Red Dawn if you will. Guerrila shock and awe. Think about it all the necessary manpower is here. How many millions of Chinese, S.K., Iranian, and Russian immigrants are already here and legally? Say 10% of those here have anywhere between minimal combat experience, up to tactical training. They rise up on a Sunday in the fall initially. Why? Because churches have 3-5 hundred soft targets in them. 3 gunman with 4 mags a piece per church randomly throughout America-devastation. You know what else happens on Sundays in the fall? Football. 100k Americans in one place all unarmed bc of the metal detectors. The parking lot after the game becomes a slaughter house, so the in Stadium security is null and void. This happens at maybe 4 Games that day.
The next day you are on your morning cummute, sitting at a red light in traffic. A guy walks into the intersection with a fully automatic rifle. Sitting ducks. Your wife is driving down your quiet suburban street with the 2.5 kids in the back and hits an ied... your in line at walmart (because only 2 lines are open with 45 ppl in each line lol) gunfire erupts...
18 Wheelers plow into school buses, gunmen attack high schools... this is just Monday.
They won't have to worry about destroying the power grid, or water treatment plants. We will stop going to work to ensure the safety of our families. . They don't have the need for tanks, or warplanes. The gov't will shut the cities down with natl guard and turn the tanks and troops on the citizens. I.e. Katrina on steroids. Only the American populace will get tired of the "tyranny" and fight back.
The only reason our boys and girls are effective overseas is because they know that their families are safe in the bed at home. You take that piece of mind away, combat ineffective. Whoever takes this and turns it ingo a feature length film... I only want 12% lol

edit on 3-6-2013 by misteralwaiz because: Can't spell "only" lol

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hypothetically I would expect the attack to come from the Gulf of Mexico. The problem with attacking the Coasts is the mountains that you would have to cross to get to the Central US. A large force could get bogged down by small one in those mountains. I live in Western Pennsylvania. If you drop a few bridges, it would be easy to slow down any kind of attack. Hypothetically of course.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I agree as far as a boots on the ground Navy, Air Force, Marine battle in the middle of the street? Negative. U.S. is perfectly situated with topography and being land locked on two borders mostly. It would be an embarrassing loss go whatever country

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join