It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video from inside TWC Vehicle hit by Friday's tornado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Link

Thanks for the link Cody.
Anyways, I believe this is a photo of the vehicle after it was thrown

Luckily none of the guys in the vehicle was killed, and were all able to walk away.

Among the injured was Weather Channel meteorologist Mike Bettes, who suffered minor injuries when his "tornado hunt" SUV that he and two photographers were riding in was thrown 200 yards by a twister. The Weather Channel said all of the people in the vehicle were able to walk away, and that it was the first time a network personality was injured in a storm. "It was my worst nightmare," said Bettes. "We got hit by the tornado. My life flashed before my eyes."

Video 2

June 1, 2013 - Storm chaser Brandon Sullivan and his chase partner Brett Wright got caught in the tornado and slammed with debris northwest of Union City, OK as the tornado hit a barn and exploded in front of them.

The chasers in that video were pummeled by debris, and you can hear the panic in the cameraman's voice as he tries to get the driver to get going.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I saw these an hour ago and glad you started this thread. The TIV2 getting hit a few days ago was cool, but this is what happens when you are in a normal SUV. The things I have learned from these recent vids, is you can't really tell where the twister is moving, it just overtakes you, and the path is A LOT WIDER then I imagined! You see it in the distance, and before it even gets close, the wind goes crazy. I was expecting it to go over quicker, but then it gets to the point where buildings and hay bales are being thrown from 0-100mph in the blink of an eye. 2 years ago this week we had a tornado at the end of our street. I was home from work for a month from an accident, just before my birthday, and a thunderstorm rolled through. At one point we heard the air being sucked through the cracks, and the roof sounded like it was going to just pop off, I looked outside and everything was blowing sideways I saw the funnel as soon as I looked out my other windows, just feet off the ground ripping off tree tops. My girlfriend was hiding in the bathroom, I took her to the most inner part of our basement and we waited till it ended. That was an F1 if even that, because it only lasted a half a mile and took a path along the roadway so only a barn was damaged. Some people had tree limbs fall on property. That was also in PA, we hardly get them around here.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That one ?

Cody

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

That one ?

Cody

Yeah, that's the one! I updated the OP, thanks for the link.

edit on 1-6-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

No problem my friend

Have an awesome day

Cody

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I love watching the Chasers live. Here is the link for anyone interested.

Chaser TV

Very active the last week or so...

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why was this moved to general chit-chat, but this wasn't?

new topics

top topics

join