It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East Prediction (pool)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It has occured to me that ive probably read just about everyones take on the Middle East by now.....(not really)
The discussions have raged and still do rage on as to whats really happening there, and whos doing what tome whom.
Most of us here follow the happenings in the region with interest and with baited breath at times too....
By now just about every slant on the subject has been mulled over in threads going back ad nauseum.
SSSSEEEEW
I propose we now put our predictions as to out come over the next 12 months.......to the final outcome if you have an idea what that may be....
Everyone has interpreted all the differing nuances in their own way, and those interpretations have natural outcomes........
Where will we be next year at this time?and where is the final outcome going to leave us?(Armageddon fans need only state the word)
Will the Palestinians make peace with the Israelis?
The Assad Govt topple?
The Shia dominate the political structure of more countries?
The Sunnis destabilise even more of Iraq? and so on.......
Keep it brief as possible, and try to be succinct as well.....
We are looking for definate predictions/expectations from a range of the members to see if there will be concensus or just how divided the Site may be on the outcome of this fluid and critical situation......
Any takers?
My own thoughts will follow in a future post if theres anybody wanta play......
I leave it with to compose same......

The final reward for the closest prediction will be that everyone who entered their opinion must give a star to the closest outcome that matches reality......howz that?

edit on 1-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
My prediction is that peace will never be in the ME.
Its just impossible for them to get along for one reason or another.

I predict fighting followed by lulls and more fighting.

Then i predict some more fighting, and possible "Terrorist" attacks.

The rebels in Syria are fighting a corrupt government, Al-Qaeda took refuge amongst the rebels.
Now the WORLD is using it as an excuse to inter vein in their affairs.

So i predict another Afghanistan, Iraq........TEN more years of fighting terrorists in places that are not our home and is not our business.
Truth is Assad needs to GO! But its the Syrian people that need to rise up against HIM, not USA.
We need to stop playing world police, and feed our people, house the homeless, protect the weak and strengthen our economy.

I been following The ME for a while now.....no good will come of it.
I say let the people that live their hash it out, we need to fix our own problems at home.
edit on 1-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The Middle East? I think that will be the least of our problems, first we will have to deal with collapsing Western society. My prediction, for what it is worth, is unexpected strain in Europe and the U.S. that leaves worrying about what is going on in the Middle East feeling trivial.

Probably starting near the end of this year, then continuing for around 5 years or less? Followed by something else, anyway, not sure. That's why it's a prediction!
edit on 1-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Applause!
Thanks for chipping in......

Not everyone has the stuff to stick their analysis out there for the world to see....

My own personal predictions follow............

I am thinking that there will be a terrible conflict between sects of Islam.
Particularly the Sunni/Shia factions.
Iran, and Iraq are largely Shia.....
In the end it think that they will be forced to be allies against the Sunni Onslaught which seems to be sweeping out of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states.(Oman, Quatar UAE)

The Sunnis of Iraq are the former rulers of the whole country, they are well educated and well versed in warfare,
(many exmilitary Sunnis)
They form about 15-20%of the pop.This gives them a sizeable force with which to struggle for survival.
The Shia there are far more numerous, but have been kept out of the eduated and ruling class for many decades.
This will give the Sunnis an advantage of some kind in the comming all out war which i predict will break out some time following the outcome in Syria.

The wild card Wahabists are also agitating for a conflagration.

The Kurds have an eye to a homeland of their own, and are playing their cards quietly but with expectation of carving out a Kurdish state after commencement of Sunni Shia Conflict....
They have the best chance if they lay doggo and pick up after the Shia Sunni war.But will end up fighting to protect their corner of Iraq.

Turkey is being destabilised as we speak,but i dont expect a collapse of the erdogan clique, rather NATO will support that goverment.
Turkey is Key in a planned elimination of Assad, and its extremely possible that the comming days will bring an invasion of Syria from the Turkish side....If only to reunite the country from current demonstrations by calling on Turkish Patriotism to fight the Syrians...whom they already blame for the car bombs.

The enitre region will be involved either overtly or covertly n the war which is shaping up to break out in and over Syria.

This is going to draw in and hold hezbollah,Syrian Army,and Militia(shia) against all comers for the next 6 months at least if no clear advantage is gained by either side.
Iran will bolster Syrian forces loyal to Assad, with even more troops, and ammo, but will try to stay clear of getting dragged in overtly.

But all this is still just a prelude to the attack which will be directed upon Iran.

The situation will escalate till the various factions have solidified.(say 6 months more)
The results of this conflict will dictate the moment at which Iran will also be attacked both from within,(PPK and Mossad)and without(US Israel, Saudi etc).
The end game is to declaw the Shia wherever they may have a hold.
Increase Saudi Influence throughout the ME. and turn the major players into democracies which can be manipulated.

The saudis are seldom heard about, but i think they are financing most of the anti Shia, Anti Iran activities.

We will end up with the Kurds in a Homeland NE iraq,

Turkey larger,

Syria devastaed and broken into pieces,

Israel larger, with pieces of Lebanon and syria added....

Saudi Arabia in far more influential position without having to get its forces involved.
Iran fighting a desperate war that will leave its cities and towns in ruins.(those allied against it will leave no stone atop another....)

The Upshot of which will kill off enough Shias in the region to advance the Sunni influence and perhaps regain a measure of control over some territorry.

Palestinians will remain in their ever shinking prison till they either leave or die there like reservation Indians.
Thats as far as i see it anyways.....just predictions / counter predictions....no arguments please.....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is a real challenge because it could go so many different ways. At this time, I can only give a broad generalization as to what I think will ultimately happen.

I believe that we're going to see the Sunnis become very successful at spreading Political Islam throughout all of the Middle Eastern Muslim countries with the Muslim Brotherhood leading the way and backed by Al Qaeda to create a Muslim Caliphate. Their goal will be to take down and beat every nation in the region that doesn't rule by Political Islam.

I personally believe that Erdogan is working with Morsi to try and accomplish this in Turkey, but it might go the way of Syria in trying to make it happen.

Same with Iran. Somehow, the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda will create a false flag to set off a firestorm leading to Israel and U.S. taking Iran's leadership down for them.

Saudi Arabia is a tough call. King Abdullah is clinically dead and the royal family is unsure about what's going to happen next. Regardless, some hard core Muslims believe the Qu'ran mentions the death of a "King Abdullah" that will pave the way for the return of their Mahdi and I don't know how far they'll (Iran) will go to try and make it happen.

For those who believe in the Bible, every nation will set itself up to turn against Israel in the end and I think this Muslim Caliphate will be the tool to try and kick Israel out of the region for not being a Muslim country and for sitting on land that they claim was conquered by Islam. As the extremist Muslims believe that all land that has ever been conquered by Islam still belongs to them today and they are trying to take it all back one small piece at a time.

I'm sure my prediction sounds impossible, but I've seen many things over the last ten years that I thought were impossible during my lifetime and I'm amazed at the speed in which they are happening.

However, the situation is Syria is moving much more slowly than I thought it would. My prediction in Syria is that the Muslim Brotherhood will eventually win this battle and take over the government.

The U.S. is going to regret the day they ever supported the Muslim Brotherhood. They talk a great game, but they're only the sophisticated arm of Al Qaeda.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This indeed is a possibility...............the Caliphate , i am sure, is the dream of all the radical muslim orgs.
But the Shia may have sufficient numbers to make it a Shia one?
Its hard to say right now whos got the best odds isnt it?
Thanks for the well thought out reply....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Even though there are large numbers of Shia, I still think the Sunni outnumber them throughout the entire Middle East and around the world. Trying to overturn a population of Shia as large as Iran's or Iraq's certainly wouldn't be done easily, so there may be some kind of compromise made there. I guess it depends on how hard the Shiites will fight the set up of the new Caliphate to include the person they want to rule over it. There might be a chance that the Shia will resign themselves to the ruler that the Sunnis pick. It will be interesting to see how far it plays out.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I think most of the corrupted regimes with puppets linked to the Master Elites and mega corporations will eventually go down...I also think Islam will be a dominate factor playing a big role in the future of the region....People like to have an independent and a just government which is not working for the interests of their masters outside the country and treats their people and the minorities with respect...People want to have a share of the resources and income that their country has...They want jobs,homes and a secure stable ground for their children to grow up....They are tiered of lies and deceives and they had enough of wusses running their country while milking them to the max and give them nothing in return...So yes I think It is going to be a lot of changes taking place in the ME and some of them will really surprise a lot of us.....There will also be changes in EU and the US.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Keep it brief as possible, and try to be succinct as well.....
We are looking for definate predictions/expectations from a range of the members to see if there will be concensus or just how divided the Site may be on the outcome of this fluid and critical situation......

The elite love to follow the Bible so :-
1) Terrorists will attack Israel from within the Syrian border and Syria will be blamed.
2) Syria will be 'reduced to rubble'; again.
3) The US and Western economies will implode and have no money to pay for foreign wars.
4) Billions of people die through starvation, murder etc.
5) The existing temple in Jerusalem will be bombed.
6) The other Arab nations will see these events as a green light to gang up on Israel and attack.
7) Israel will be split in two.
8) A false peace will exist as the world rebuilds itself using a one world currency.
9) The New World Order, New antichrist temple and Mark of the Beast will all come into play.
10) This will last for 7 years.

Note: The Rapture is true, because the true Christians will be massacred for their faith in Jesus Christ. Hence their spirits are currently being removed from dangerous (Islamic) parts of this World.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, Russia also attacks Israel in the final battle in the Battle of Megiddo. Notice how quickly Russia took back 'wannaBe' Pro West Georgia many years ago.

Georgia is Russia's fastest route towards Israel when using its satellite nations to access that region.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have some very disturbig news for all of you....
In case you hadnt realised it......The Rapture is OVER!
Get over it, YOU werent lifted up.
Now we are all here in it TOGETHER!.......
The thirty -seven "real Chirstians" were lifted off planet last wednesday at 3:pm EST. check the missing person files from all over the planet....
What the hell are we gonna do now?

........................................................................................................................just kidding.....

edit on 3-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I have some very disturbig news for all of you....
In case you hadnt realised it......The Rapture is OVER!
Get over it, YOU werent lifted up.

Hell, what happened today ? Did you fall out of bed on a bad hair day or something ?

What the hell are we gonna do now?

Easy, have strong faith in Jesus Christ and everything falls into place very smoothly.

True Christians are spiritually lifted up everyday as they constantly see world events following the Bible word for word. And no one can stop it now.

After Jesus rose from this world He took all of the goodness out of Sheol (a.k.a hell, resting place for those who have died) with Him. Hence all good spirits that have faith in His name now reside in paradise awaiting Judgment Day.

With the persecution of true Christians being made official, it becomes a sort of slow Rapture, where the believers will be taken away from this hell to safety.

Note: The Rapture is true, because the true Christians will be massacred for their faith in Jesus Christ. Hence their spirits are currently being removed from dangerous (Islamic) parts of this World.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Even though there are large numbers of Shia, I still think the Sunni outnumber them throughout the entire Middle East and around the world. Trying to overturn a population of Shia as large as Iran's or Iraq's certainly wouldn't be done easily, so there may be some kind of compromise made there. I guess it depends on how hard the Shiites will fight the set up of the new Caliphate to include the person they want to rule over it. There might be a chance that the Shia will resign themselves to the ruler that the Sunnis pick. It will be interesting to see how far it plays out.

Lemme try to shorten this a much as possible:

Shi'i would never subscribe to a chosen leader of Sunni's and vice versa.

Sunni's typically choose their leaders based on knowledge, wealth, whatever, almost like democracy. "people choice"

Shi'i believe that the current leader is appointed by God, recognized, and they follow their leadership down through the Prophets bloodline.

So, if sunni's "elect" somebody who is not a member of the Prophets family, then not only will Shi'i not subscribe, they'd probably come at his neck.

Each sect would have separate Caliphs.....

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

I have a tendency to agree that they'll never truly agree on a ruler for one Caliphate based on their differences on who should rule, but do you really think it's possible that two Caliphates would be able to agree enough on anything to really assume a shared power to reach their ultimate goal together? I don't see that either.

edit on 3-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I have a tendency to agree that they'll never truly agree on a ruler for one Caliphate based on their differences on who should rule, but do you really think it's possible that two Caliphates would be able to agree enough on anything to really assume a shared power to reach their ultimate goal together? I don't see that either.

edit on 3-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Well, it says in Prophecy that upon the emergence of Imam Mahdi, all sects (in this situation, sunni and shi'i) will pledge allegiance to him and only him. It is said that the true Imam Mahdi will satisfy the "requirements" of both sects.

Basically it's like I want option 1 because he's a part of a specific family. They want option 2 because he fits other requirements (age, physical description, name, etc.). Then, later on, after all the fights simmer, option 3 comes out, and not only satisfies being a part of the family, but all other signs as well..

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If I were to look at it from a Muslim's perspective, I can understand how that would work.

However, I'm not a Muslim, so I believe the Imam Mahdi's role is going to be different than they do. That's not to say that I don't believe that the Mahdi isn't capable of pulling all of them together in unity during this time, because I do, I just don't believe that the WHOLE scenario plays out the way they believe it will.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So when is this Mahdi coming or the next antichrist labelled by the West as being Islamic origin?

In all honesty, seriousness......if you had an intelligent leader that could combine all the differing factions of Islam under the one umbrella, you would have your Caliphate that spans from Morocoo to Pakistan, down to Malaysia.

A serious fanatcial and determined fighting force that does not care about anything else other than winning or dying in the process.

No global economy can withstand such a War.

I beleive that the Syrian conflict will be a turing point, but not in the way most think.

I think Assad will manage to repel the Rebels and reinforce his borders....this will lead to a greater conflict against Israel which much more backing behind Assad after coming out of the Civil War victorius.

I think comparisons with Vietnam and Afghanistan are accurate.....it'll be a long and ongoing war.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

If I were to look at it from a Muslim's perspective, I can understand how that would work.

However, I'm not a Muslim, so I believe the Imam Mahdi's role is going to be different than they do. That's not to say that I don't believe that the Mahdi isn't capable of pulling all of them together in unity during this time, because I do, I just don't believe that the WHOLE scenario plays out the way they believe it will.

It's not said that his role is to bring people together. He will just be doing what he's doing - people will fall in line. Idk we'll see.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
So when is this Mahdi coming or the next antichrist labelled by the West as being Islamic origin?

In all honesty, seriousness......if you had an intelligent leader that could combine all the differing factions of Islam under the one umbrella, you would have your Caliphate that spans from Morocoo to Pakistan, down to Malaysia.

A serious fanatcial and determined fighting force that does not care about anything else other than winning or dying in the process.

No global economy can withstand such a War.

I beleive that the Syrian conflict will be a turing point, but not in the way most think.

I think Assad will manage to repel the Rebels and reinforce his borders....this will lead to a greater conflict against Israel which much more backing behind Assad after coming out of the Civil War victorius.

I think comparisons with Vietnam and Afghanistan are accurate.....it'll be a long and ongoing war.

Most precursors have come to pass. His rule is prophesied to begin in his 40th year.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Greetings Sterling
I feel that the current pope will infiltrate Jerulasm. He will offer many things as in a Vatican relocation that will stir the Holy Waters/Wars. He will release some ancient information that causes unrest. This info will spark Irans fury towards many including the USA. As in times past holy wars can deplete many.
Interesting thread

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeFalling

Ahhh, yes, Jerusalem. The secret treasure that everyone in the Middle East is secretly battling for. Even Al Qaeda's al-Zawahri has mentioned it being their ultimate goal. It's going to get very interesting indeed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join