It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS Grabbed Woolwich Terorist 3 years ago in Kenya, Then he was let go!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

An SAS unit ‘snatched’ Woolwich terror suspect Michael Adebolajo in Kenya as he prepared to enter war-torn Somalia, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Adebolajo was flown back to the UK but then allowed to roam the streets unchecked for the next two and a half years.

Daily Mail

Well this is quite something, according to the daily mail in 2010 MI5 become so concered about the movements of Michael Adebolajo that when they discovered he was heading into Kenya so he could go to Somalia and join up with militants the sent the SAS to capture him.

This apparently comes form sources in Kenya and contradicts previous claims that it was Kenyan authorities that caught him. They claim that the SAS caught him in a dramatic helicopter assault.

the article also claims that despite taking this action when he returned to the UK they put him on low-level watch.

According to the Telegraph

the SAS, working alongside MI5, swooped in a helicopter operation in November 2010 - contradicting earlier reports Adebolajo was arrested by local police as he tried to cross the border.

n the “text book snatch” heavily armed soldiers, working alongside local military, carried out a surveillance operation then swooped in a remote area of the country, Kenyan sources have claimed. They described the operation as “highly dramatic”.

A source told the newspaper: “The SAS took the lead role.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Seems like the source in Kenyan and also seems like the source is making some very interesting claims that for obvious reasons the UK government is refusing to comment on.

but what makes this story really interesting is that it is being claimed else wear in the media that British Security Services aranged for him to be released form the Kenyan's after the SAS handed him over to them.

British security services arranged for Woolwich terror suspect Michael Adebolajo to be freed from a Kenyan jail after he was snatched by a unit of the SAS as he tried to enter war-torn Somalia, it was claimed today.

The British authorities believed that arranging his release from Kenya in 2010 would help persuade him to become an informant for MI5 and infiltrate radical Islamist groups.

The 28-year-old was one of seven men held by an SAS unit working with Kenya police and soldiers as they tried to cross into Somalia by speedboat to join the Al Shabaab terror group.

Link

edit on 1-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sounds typical British bureaucracy where once they realised he wouldn't become a mole he was just dumped and left to some other agency to monitor who probably had no real idea on who/what he was like

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Sounds typical British bureaucracy where once they realised he wouldn't become a mole he was just dumped and left to some other agency to monitor who probably had no real idea on who/what he was like

seems to look like that, i wouldn't say this proves any grander conspiracy outwith the one i have outlined int he OP that the SAS caught him handed him over to the Kenyans only to be released. I would suspect that MI5 wanted to recruit him and they failed and then when they did they kept a eye on him but nothing more.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Anyone get the uneasy feeling that the suspect was partly influenced in his anti British attitudes by the treatment he got from the gov boys?
IDK< but perhaps he harboured some grudges which tipped him over the violence end of things?
Just sayin...........

Blowback comes from many causes.....

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I wouldn't say that the government directly influenced them to go hack poor Lee Rigby up, but i don't think they really helped matters.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There was an interview on Radio 4 with one of the guys mates who said when came back from Africa, Adebolajo spoke of his treatment there how he was detained, tortured and raped.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
There was an interview on Radio 4 with one of the guys mates who said when came back from Africa, Adebolajo spoke of his treatment there how he was detained, tortured and raped.

I have heard about that as well but i would be very cautious in assuming that it is true just because there is no other source that has corroborated the story that he was raped and tortured.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
No other takers?

new topics

top topics

join